Page 5979 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 497954795879592959695974597759785979598059815984598960296079 ... LastLast
Results 119,561 to 119,580 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

JP Friend Code
    If only counting the ones available atm, the FGO 3rd ascension 3 tailed one would take it lol, it's a stomp. Heck even the 2 tailed one was able to summon Shadow Shark and Shadow Cat to fight as her minions in Nezha's interlude.

I wonder if all the tamamos could team up to beat the knights of the round table
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    They will never team up in the first place, especially with the OG, as they hate each other and want to kill each other. Even in CCC once they took over SE.RA.PH and turned it into 2D, they split it into 9 different countries to rule on their own lol. They only teamed up to corrupt the Moon Cell and then they just go their merry way.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    I wonder if all the tamamos could team up to beat the knights of the round table
    If it's the Servant versions, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Maybe that's why the MA guys looked down on it lol, why use magic for that.
    But they do the same thing. Isn't extending your lifespan supposed to be common among high-level magi?

And from what I've read there's even one to stop babies from vomiting breast milk and prevent breast cancer, make vaginal lotion for ease of sex, magic ointments to improve erection of the clitoris/penis...etc.
    That makes sense. Anthropologically speaking, magic is supposed to serve the community, after all.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I know they could take Tristan and Lancelot at least.

OG Tamamo: "You see, I but wanted love, but they chased me out with an army and--"
    Tristan: "Ah, how sad, that is such a sad sto--"
    OG Tamamo: "OPENING DESU!"

Lancelot: "I, however, have learned not to fall for such feminine charms and--"
    Galahad: "OH REALLY"
    Lancelot: "Er, um--"
    OG Tamamo: "OH REALLY OPENING DESU!"

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Polygamy Castration Fist would be super-effective on most of them.

Especially Lancelot.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    3. methods for a dissatisfied wife to subjugate her husband,
    HAKUNO RUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Polygamy Castration Fist would be super-effective on most of them.
    I still shake my head at her strongest "spell", according to Extella, being Polygamist Castration Kick.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Wasn't there a theory it was the Helm of Fafnir or the Aegishjalmr or something like that?
    Pretty sure it's fanon but it would make sense, probably.
    Bryn said Sigurd had a helm yes, but now we know she was most likely referring to his glasses then anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm almost sure Sigurd's mask is somehow related to the helm of invisibility he had in legend. (Especially since Perseus from Prototype already gives us an example of a helmet being interpreted as a mask).

- - - Updated - - -

Dang it, ninja'ed.
    Sigurd doesn’t have a helm of invisibility. That ain’t his thing. It’s Siegfried who has the Cloak of Invisibility, Tarnkappe. When Sigurd did his quest to defeat Bryn and make her Gunnar’s wife, he didn’t do it invisible as Siegfried did, he used his “magic”(Runes in Fate) for him to take the appearance of Gunnar. That is the basis of my theory that Sigurds early stage appearances is thanks to him changing his attire with Runes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Ironically, Medea is supposed to be one of the best Casters we've seen in terms of knowledge and magical ability, but her legend (as exemplified by her Noble Phantasm) centers around her betraying her loved ones, not her magical prowess. Meanwhile, a gifted dilettante like Blavatsky is probably more useful in direct combat, what with her summoning UFOs, but it's questionable whether she'd be capable of performing the same magical deeds as Medea.

And then we have Scáthach and Brynhild, who aren't even Casters but know some pretty powerful sorceries.

I know the Association views the magical practices categorised as "jujutsu" as pretty "meh" because of their reliance on curses, but would that include things like Tamamo's style, whose curses can even affect nature?
    If you want to see Medea at her best as a mage it would be when she took down the bronze giant Talos pretty much single handedly. There are some implications in the mats that Europa has Talos for an NP and that we could see her as a Servant someday so maybe that will highlight Medea’s skill.

thinking about it, she will be in the chapter with Zeus wouldnt she.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    I see. Thanks, You!

I'd actually love to see a TM work exploring Western-style jujutsu in-depth. I hoped to get that with Mephistopheles or Bloodaxe in GO, but...
    I do to, well Mephistopheles we have a little info. His NP, Ticktock Bomb is actually a curse magecraft that was strengthened by his Innocent Monster skill to be on the level of an NP. His other abilities seems to be classical witch superstitions and curses, a reflect curse that any damage that happens to him happens to you, creating discord in a community and family and control over succubi and incubi to create nightmares. Still be nice to see more in depth of the philosophy. Once he gets an animation update we could see him pull some of these into action.

as for Bloodaxe and his witch paramore. I’m interested in it as well. Unlike other Norse I actually don’t think Guunhild is using runes, given that her stuff is called being shamanism further adds to my thoughts. Now I pray, literally pray that if they would get ever in detail with it they will make what Guunhild does to turn out to be Seidr, the shamanic sorcery of the Norse. But whether they will actually do there research on that I don’t know.

anywhere than here

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Sigurd doesn’t have a helm of invisibility. That ain’t his thing. It’s Siegfried who has the Cloak of Invisibility, Tarnkappe. When Sigurd did his quest to defeat Bryn and make her Gunnar’s wife, he didn’t do it invisible as Siegfried did, he used his “magic”(Runes in Fate) for him to take the appearance of Gunnar. That is the basis of my theory that Sigurds early stage appearances is thanks to him changing his attire with Runes.
    Thanks. Looks like I got that part confused.

If you want to see Medea at her best as a mage it would be when she took down the bronze giant Talos pretty much single handedly. There are some implications in the mats that Europa has Talos for an NP and that we could see her as a Servant someday so maybe that will highlight Medea’s skill.
    At least according to the version of the legend I read, Medea defeated Talos by mind-controlling him into ripping out the nail in his ankle, after which he bled out and died. So, definitely an impressive feat (though how much so depends on Talos' mental resistance, which I'm not sure if the myths ever specified), but not necessarily one that would demand a lot of magical firepower.

US Friend Code
    Well magic isn’t always about firepower tho, of whice Medea actually showed plenty in HA anyway

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Well magic isn’t always about firepower tho, of whice Medea actually showed plenty in HA anyway
    I know that, but you were using the Talos thing as an example of Medea's greatest magic. I'm saying that's not so clear an example since the battle was won more through trickery and clever tactics than a straightforward contest of magic power. Still impressive, but not necessarily in the way you're implying.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Also, about Medea's magic, in the legends, she was mostly known as a powerful healer, if I'm not mistaken, and she used more trickery than magic to get ahead. Then again, ancient standards of magical power (save perhaps in Ancient India) were not nearly as flashy as our own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, about Medea's magic, in the legends, she was mostly known as a powerful healer, if I'm not mistaken, and she used more trickery than magic to get ahead. Then again, ancient standards of magical power (save perhaps in Ancient India) were not nearly as flashy as our own.
    Yeah, in Greek myth most magic (except stuff that came directly from the gods) was closer to what we'd call herbalism nowadays.

Interestingly enough, Nasu's portrayal of her even acknowledges that, since canonically Medea never relied on her flashy AOG magic in life.

US Friend Code
    The magic Medea trained in is healing, that we can see plainly from Lily. The offensive magic she does either comes from Circe or her Dad.

what I’m talking about the thing with Medea isn’t saying that I think her battle agaisnt Talos is supposed to show her Mastery of magic through brute force, it’s the opposite. Talos is called the Strongest Guardian by Medea and as it’s likely they would use the version of the myth that it is a construct of Hephaestus it most certainly would be. Even if she would use her magic as a means to a trick doesn’t stop that what she did to Talos is the biggest example of her using magic on such a big scale in old myths

anywhere than here

True, it just sounded like you did believe it to be an example of her mastery of magic through brute force.

JP Friend Code
    I still shake my head at her strongest "spell", according to Extella, being Polygamist Castration Kick.
    I mean, when she returned to 9 tails in CCC she drop kicked the Moon Cell so hard with a version of it - Flare Skirt Bunker Buster (a kick with power like a solar flare power) that the Moon Cell shutdown and reset.

The reason for her feet strength (being able to jump very high and kick very hard, she said her jumping exceed even Susanoo in his prime) is most likely due to the god of war episode of Amaterasu's legend. In that story, Susanoo once came back to Takamagahara and wanted to meet her, but she's fed up with his rampaging (this is after the hiding in cave incident) she decided to solo him herself. She put on her battle gears, tie her hair up, wear a divine necklace, wield a divine bow and 1500 arrows to confront him, then she jumped down from above in front of him. That jump was so powerful it caused the heaven to tremble and made her foot sink into the ground which scared the shit out of Susanoo and he ran away asap.

Sloth (FMAB and Manga) vs Heracles. Who would win?

Poor Sloth