Page 6202 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 520257026102615261926197620062016202620362046207621262526302 ... LastLast
Results 124,021 to 124,040 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    Fair enough. Wasn't Karna heavily wounded though? I assumed that lowered his output. If that was anywhere near a full-powered VS, then it was a comical moment in the story.

Oh good lord, you didn't even check to what your responding to did you? You didn't even bother. Quantify Rama's lance, bow, discs, and clubs, and make a convincing argument that by blessings of martial arts saying that "they're close to a noble phantasm", is intended to say that they're close to their own full power to begin with. I'll wait. I only used the idea of weapons EMIYA hasn't already demonstrated as potential counters (not nukes, counters) as a rebuttal to this nonsense of using unquantifiable things from Rama's kit aka, Rama being wanked. I will not repeat myself again on this issue, you can look back a page or 2. The rest has been picking apart specific assessments people have made about EMIYA. As for Brahmastra itself, operating under the assumption it's interchangeable in firepower with Karna's, both Caladbolg and Gram scale above it, and we know EMIYA has those.

Never said EMIYA's replicas are equal to the original. I even referenced the rank-down in an example. What you think you're countering is in your head. Being able to operate as an Archer and Lancer is not the same as saying there's no degradation. Hippopolyte can act as an archer while being a rider. The fact that each of his weapons are noble phantasm level means that he can actually put up fights as an archer and lancer. Please tell me how you made the leap from the example of "his bow and spear have abilities close to a noble phantasm" to, "every weapon he has can access holds their full power."

Learn to debate people, not strawmen while talking a big game.
    Lecture others after you've learnt to make an argument without bias, not before. Up till now, you still haven't given a proper answer with any actual evidence other than wildly guessing capabilities or getting fixated on certain stuff and ignoring the rest. So you know, put up or accept that you have nothing other than wild guesswork for your argument that EMIYA has a winning chance vs Rama.

JP Friend Code
    Not sure if this contributes anything to the Rama debate, but in LB4 it is implied that he's more than just Vishnu's avatar but closer to a bunrei, meaning he can reach Vishnu's scale should his divinity is increased to the max (it's like Tamamo growing tails). So adult Rama might be him at Vishnu's lvl, or that's even a higher lvl. Currently we only knew that "being closer to Vishnu in Divinity" means more stuffs from the vault he can pull, however LB4 implied that there's more he can do than just that which we don't know yet.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Athanaton Ten Thousand vs Alf Layla wa-Layla

The battle occurs inside the Reality Marble

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    has sche been on the internet beforehand?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Not sure if this contributes anything to the Rama debate, but in LB4 it is implied that he's more than just Vishnu's avatar but closer to a bunrei, meaning he can reach Vishnu's scale should his divinity is increased to the max (it's like Tamamo growing tails). So adult Rama might be him at Vishnu's lvl, or that's even a higher lvl. Currently we only knew that "being closer to Vishnu in Divinity" means more stuffs from the vault he can pull, however LB4 implied that there's more he can do than just that which we don't know yet.
    Huh. Neat. He always was the most perfect of all the Avatars, even if I never liked him that much. Now I really want to see Nasuverse Krishna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    has sche been on the internet beforehand?
    I.. suppose? I think every stories, whether correctly attributed to her or not, are part of her NP, including Peach Garden, Ys, Nightless City, Ryuuguu-Jou, and City of Gold in her Singularity.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; November 19th, 2019 at 04:30 AM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Lecture others after you've learnt to make an argument without bias, not before. Up till now, you still haven't given a proper answer with any actual evidence other than wildly guessing capabilities or getting fixated on certain stuff and ignoring the rest. So you know, put up or accept that you have nothing other than wild guesswork for your argument that EMIYA has a winning chance vs Rama.
    Emiyafabois always treat their boy as second coming of gilgamesh
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Actually, no. I do get to call your BS for consistently misquoting me. I have every right to be angry at your strawmanning, and your obstinence to check what I had actually said, which was this.
    Spoiler:
    Alkeides should have a strength-based noble phantasm that puts him above divine spirits and beasts given his labors, and he should have Helios's chariot. That doesn't mean we can gift it to him since we haven't seen anything like that yet in a VS debate. EMIYA should have a counter to Excalibur (hollow Atatraxia). Should have is not the same as the Nasuverse giving it to them. The same goes for Rama. Though, if we're really gonna approach the fight like this, it goes both ways. EMIYA should have nearly every weapon within GOB. What's to say that he shouldn't have a counter for every weapon within Rama's arsenal.

In response to this.

Spoiler:
    Rama's part of the Indian mythology. Even if you don't know who he is, it's a safe bet that their lowest level NPs are the mid-upper tiers of other mythologies' NPs.

Look at my language. Notice something? I was saying that we shouldn't give a servant abilities in a VS debate off of pure speculation. I listed both Alkedides and EMIYA as examples of servants that have additional pieces to their arsenal that we don't truly know what they can do. What I said after this, was that Rama shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt either. What you called "wild speculation" was me talking about what NOT to do in a debate, which started on Rama's side, with speculating that because he's an Indian hero, all of his NPs must be incredibly powerful by default, despite the fact that we obviously know nothing about them, and how they would play out in a fight. Since then, the conversation derailed into other elements of EMIYA's abilities, like his mana, or you saying a feat doesn't count because reasons. You also leapt from me saying there could be counters to Rama's NPs (as I've said before, hyperbolic speculation to mach Rama's hyperbolic speculation), to me saying that EMIYA could outnuke every Rama NP with an Indian NP without degradation on his part, something I never said. You also accused me of using speculation against Brhamastra specifically. I gave you specific weapons that we know EMIYA has that he could use to overpower it. Brhamastra is a weapon Karna has, so we can gauge its power through him, and his limitations can extend to Rama, since, as far as I'm aware, there's nothing lore-wise making Rama's more powerful. The only thing unique noted is that it has enhanced power against Demons. Very little of any of your replies had anything to do with what I've said. This is, by definition, a strawman argument, or you messed up, and never bothered checking to see what I was saying.

Now, the reason why I thought EMIYA could potentially do this at all, is because I thought blessings of martial arts didn't allow for his NP's full powers and were simply comparable to noble phantasms in general, leaving him with Brhamastra as his strongest weapon. This would put Rama on a lower level than he should truly be if summoned in a different class. However, I just found his interlude, and it confirms that my interpretation was wrong. They are the full NPs, so he does have an EX-rank anti-army NP. So he didn't get the Hector treatment. Rama does take this fight, and it's a mismatch.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, hopefully you've learnt not to take your wank too far.

Let's be honest here, there's nothing in the nasuverse that can defeat Archer once EMIYA starts playing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    Let's be honest here, there's nothing in the nasuverse that can defeat Archer once EMIYA starts playing.
    Sure there is, it’s the cutaway to another scene.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    Brhamastra is a weapon Karna has, so we can gauge its power through him, and his limitations can extend to Rama
    They are different NPs. Karna's version is invoking Brahma's name for eye beam. Rama's version is the "Indestructible Blade" that Vishnu granted him. These 2 versions are so different that Karna was hyped to see it in action upon meeting Rama (Rama's interlude) and in LB4 Rama decided to give Karna his own Brahmastra so Karna can go super mode. Karna's version doesn't even have a rank or range yet.

US Friend Code
    Is Rama giving Karna his Brahmastra
    Spoiler:
    after Ashwatthama lent Karna his Saint Graph?

I'm not looking too deep into LB4 yet, so forgive my lack of knowledge.

Is Rama's Brahmastra basically just Nandaka?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe it's modeled after Nandaka? Or just a conflation of the two? Since it's still called Brahmastra.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Is Rama giving Karna his Brahmastra
    Spoiler:
    after Ashwatthama lent Karna his Saint Graph?

I'm not looking too deep into LB4 yet, so forgive my lack of knowledge.
    It's b4 the final fight. Prior to that, even with Shiva's power, Karna still cannot match Arjuna who also mastered Shiva's power then Vishnu's power and a bunch of others. Rama cannot fight due to having to bear the Krishna curse that he transferred from Ash to himself so he decided to give Karna his blessings as Vishnu's avatar by giving away his own Brahmastra. That ended up allow Karna to have Shiva + Vishnu's power merged (and Surya and Brahma as well), putting him on very close lvl at GodArjuna and victory is now possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's modeled after Nandaka? Or just a conflation of the two? Since it's still called Brahmastra.
    That's what I thought as well, because it is originally a bow. Now in that regard it might be similar to Archer Karna's Brahmastra since that one is also supposed to be a bow. The current ones? Quite different.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait for new Interludes/events where Rama suddenly pulls out Nandaka from Vishnu Bhuja cause he's so Di-vine.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    It's b4 the final fight. Prior to that, even with Shiva's power, Karna still cannot match Arjuna who also mastered Shiva's power then Vishnu's power and a bunch of others. Rama cannot fight due to having to bear the Krishna curse that he transferred from Ash to himself so he decided to give Karna his blessings as Vishnu's avatar by giving away his own Brahmastra. That ended up allow Karna to have Shiva + Vishnu's power merged (and Surya and Brahma as well), putting him on very close lvl at GodArjuna and victory is now possible.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I thought as well, because it is originally a bow. Now in that regard it might be similar to Archer Karna's Brahmastra since that one is also supposed to be a bow. The current ones? Quite different.
    I see. Thanks.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Primate murder vs Living Gilgamesh with all of the arsenal shown throughout the works.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't Primate Murder need like 7 CGs (or is it Grands) to match it?