Page 6233 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 523357336133618362236228623162326233623462356238624362836333 ... LastLast
Results 124,641 to 124,660 of 128224

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    so, on the topic of Shirou saying that you need a shield with greater magical energy to block gae bolg (a shirou that doesnt know shit at that point)

Archer has mana B and Cu has mana C

both use all of their mana for Raw Ass and Gay Bulge respectively

so Raw Ass has more Mana

Raw Ass also has a concept thst is perfect for blocking Gay Bulge and the Bulge has the concept to penetrate all the cheeks

so, to sum up.

Raw Ass had more mana and a concept of equal power as Gay Bulge (potentially stronger even), not to.mention that ir had 7 layers, all of them progressively stronger

Yet archer was the one that basically lost an arm and had no mana or stamina left to fight back in the even Cu wanted to deck his face.

TLDR: shirou, especially early story Shirou, is a very bad source of information
    Archer's copies are also inferior to the actual product. It's possible the original Rho Aias, wielded by Aias, would just laugh off the best Gae Bolg could do.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    so, on the topic of Shirou saying that you need a shield with greater magical energy to block gae bolg (a shirou that doesnt know shit at that point)
    Shirou doesn't say that, actually. That's from the materials, I believe.
    Also, the ranged Gáe Bolg doesn't have the curse of causality.

That’s how you deal with a curse. Gae Bolg thrown is just a nuke

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Archer's copies are also inferior to the actual product. It's possible the original Rho Aias, wielded by Aias, would just laugh off the best Gae Bolg could do.
    What decreases is the rank.

Point stands on the magical energy put into it and we cant prove that conceptual abilities degrade if rank decreases

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The shield is for the heartstab. Have people not been reading the quote from the VN?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    What decreases is the rank.

Point stands on the magical energy put into it and we cant prove that conceptual abilities degrade if rank decreases
    What on earth do you think rank is?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    My farts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

What on earth do you think rank is?
    Idk, what concepts does excalibur or caladbolg make use of and how do they decrease as a result of projection?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Rank = power. A rank beam sword > B rank beam sword.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Great, power

Now lets talk concepts

- - - Updated - - -

Tiger, Tiger and other absurd rank B and below NPs would like to say hello

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Arguing that Kosmos is unable to defend against Gae Bolg is silly, but the problem is Kosmos likely takes up way more energy than Gae Bolg so using it defensively is a unfavorable trade for Achilles.
    not if he uses the shield to both block and slam the shield into Cu at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Great, power

Now lets talk concepts

- - - Updated - - -

Tiger, Tiger and other absurd rank B and below NPs would like to say hello
    Immortality NP at A rank > Immortality NP at B rank.

Anti-projectile shield at A rank > Anti-projectile shield at B rank.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    not if he uses the shield to both block and slam the shield into Cu at the same time.
    Something I've mentioned before but never seemed to make it into the conversation.

That said I still stand by my point that both sides have ways to kill, both sides have ways to get out of the enemy big kill attack. Very much a fight I see as determined by circumstance that can go either way.

I know we only saw him as Grand Archer but based from his profile, what do you think about Orion compared to other Greek heroes like Heracles or Achilles?

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Something I've mentioned before but never seemed to make it into the conversation.

That said I still stand by my point that both sides have ways to kill, both sides have ways to get out of the enemy big kill attack. Very much a fight I see as determined by circumstance that can go either way.
    Of course, both sides have ways to victory.

But for Cu it's only Gae Bolg(at close range), which may be blocked by Akhilleus Kosmos or Dromeus Cometes(if Achilles step back). For Achilles - close fight without NPs(because stats and his divine speed attacks, mentioned by Chiron), chariot and Akhilleus Kosmos to the face of Cu Chulainn. And Cu Chulainn may deal only with first from this three ways via activation of Gae Bolg.
    In my opinion, this is far from equal fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatchar View Post
    I know we only saw him as Grand Archer but based from his profile, what do you think about Orion compared to other Greek heroes like Heracles or Achilles?
    Nasu has thought of this matchup already)
    Orion can't compete with them in same containers.
    Last edited by Remy; January 5th, 2020 at 03:14 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatchar View Post
    If we're going by Apocrypha (or was it strange fake?), HGW in Greece were scrambles for Heracles. If not him, then Achilles. As far as legends go, they trump Orion. Heracles is also referred to as the greatest Greek hero, but in this case, it might be "hero = occupation", instead of the more liberal usage of "hero = achievements". Orion is first and foremost a hunter so he might have a loophole in the first case.

Looking at profiles and abilities, he's doping on stat boosts. He's probably better than the other two in terms of strength, stamina and durability. His skill with a bow is the best among every hero and able to shoot down Artemis above the atmosphere with Orion Orkos.

Since he has the equivalent of B rank divinity, Achilles' chances are poor in CQC, and terrible at a range. The only way I can see him winning is the Kosmos+chariot combo or better yet, getting Orion into Duel Field. Which he might have a good shot at. Orion's entire kit seems to be thanks to Artemis' blessings so DF will hit him hard. Otherwise Orion wins way more often than not.

With Herc, it depends on how many lives Orion's NP can take. If it's near Caliburn/Excalibur, Orion's stronger.
    Last edited by Ronove; January 5th, 2020 at 03:31 PM.

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post

Looking at profiles and abilities, he's doping on stat boosts. He's probably better than the other two in terms of strength, stamina and durability. His skill with a bow is the best among every hero and able to shoot down Artemis above the atmosphere with Orion Orkos.

Since he has the equivalent of B rank divinity, Achilles' chances are poor in CQC, and terrible at a range. The only way I can see him winning is the Kosmos+chariot combo or better yet, getting Orion into Duel Field. Which he might have a good shot at. Orion's entire kit seems to be thanks to Artemis' blessings so DF will hit him hard. Otherwise Orion wins way more often than not.

With Herc, it depends on how many lives Orion's NP can take. If it's near Caliburn/Excalibur, Orion's stronger.
    Orion hasn't any form of precognition skill, so he hasn't any way to stop Troias Tragoidia. In close fight he hasn't any way to stop attack with Akhilleus Kosmos.
    In case of Dromeus Cometes and A+ Agility of Achilles, Orion can't finish this fight quickly.
    So I don't think that Achilles'es chances are quite bad)

What is an attack of Orion, that may kill Heracles 12 times?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The problem with FITE ME IRL is that the enemy has to agree to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Orion hasn't any form of precognition skill, so he hasn't any way to stop Troias Tragoidia.
    Precog was necessary for Chiron to stop the chariot, doesn't mean nobody can hit the horses without it. Even without any precog, clairvoyance or EoTM, Orion is still the best archer across every era of heroes thanks to being made into constellation by the goddess of archery herself. That's pretty nuts if you ask me.

In close fight he hasn't any way to stop attack with Akhilleus Kosmos.
    In CQC, Achilles wouldn't have the chance to pop up his shield and true name the NP. Orion's not exactly slow.

What is an attack of Orion, that may kill Heracles 12 times?
    That's why I said it deoends. Orion Orkos is a second NP that isn't listed in his profile. He used it to to shoot Artemis in LB5 but we don't know the rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The problem with FITE ME IRL is that the enemy has to agree to it.
    Yeah, but Orion sounds like the kind of guy who might agree to it. At least that's what I got out of the summaries.

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Precog was necessary for Chiron to stop the chariot, doesn't mean nobody can hit the horses without it. Even without any precog, clairvoyance or EoTM, Orion is still the best archer across every era of heroes thanks to being made into constellation by the goddess of archery herself. That's pretty nuts if you ask me.

In CQC, Achilles wouldn't have the chance to pop up his shield and true name the NP. Orion's not exactly slow.

That's why I said it deoends. Orion Orkos is a second NP that isn't listed in his profile. He used it to to shoot Artemis in LB5 but we don't know the rank.
    Yeah, but Orion sounds like the kind of guy who might agree to it. At least that's what I got out of the summaries.
    Name ''Best Archer'' means nothing, if he can't even see movements of chariot.

Dromeus Cometes may solve this problem. Only one step back and one forward)

Where Orion find bow of Hephaestus and arrow of Apollo for this NF?