Page 6235 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 523557356135618562256230623362346235623662376240624562856335 ... LastLast
Results 124,681 to 124,700 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I don't really see it as that out there. Sure Gawain gets three-timed stats, but the thing that had always made him troublesome was his damn defense boost, nothing can damage him, we barely see anything to do with triple boosted stats like upped attack speed or herculean strength, just his plain invincibility. But that doesnt mean people couldn't fight toe to toe with him. Lancelot did that and he had poorer stats then Lu Bu. Sure he was definitely more skilled then Lu Bu as a Berserker but honestly skill is not the end all for everything. The fact is that as a Berserker, Lu Bu is a moving fortress. Literally, him not being able to use his martial arts doesn't mean he's not Lu Bu, the strongest guy in all of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. He could not beat Gawain in sun-form no, but that doesnt mean Gawain can curb stomp him. Consider, the guys we see Gawain curbstomp are guys who are not great at fighting, the Extra trio and the rag band of Servants Gudao mustered up to fighting him in Camelot. Fighters who would have as much trouble facing an enraged Lu Bu as anyone else.

I think you misunderstood my point. Skill is, indeed, not the end all be all, but it's a huge factor regardless. The issue is that, as a Berserker, Lu Bu only has his stats, and each one of his stats is inferior to Sunlight Gawain even if the stats were all it did. Let's put his into perspective. Lu Bu's stats probably have the numerical values of 100 strength, 100 durability, 80 agility (sure the + in each scenario are to communicate that his stats are amped to that degree, and not the modifier), 60 in ME, and 60 in luck. Base Gawain is 40 strength (80 in bursts), 40 endurance (80 in bursts), 40 agility, 50 ME, 50 luck. With sunlight, we're dealing with 120 strength (and whatever the modifier does in this scenario), 120 endurance (same as strength), 120 agility, 150 ME, and 150 luck.

Lu Bu has no advantages, and the only stats that he's not massively outperformed in is strength and endurance, and that's only on average, not factoring in bursts. The average difference between Gawain and Lu Bu in these areas is still 2 ranks. If we're downplaying Gawain, we can assume the + on his stats still maintains an additional B-rank level despite the triple stats, so his strength and endurance would be 160 in bursts as opposed to Lu Bu's 100's. With this factored in, Lu Bu isn't just slightly outclassed in every way including skill, he's heavily outclassed.

Since someone brought it up already, I'll expand on it. The Gawain that was facing Karna was night-time Gawain. Despite having better physical stats on average + prana burst flame confirmed in that fight, he was not having an easy time overcoming Gawain without Kavancha and Kundala. This alone makes Lu Bu doing well against Gawain of 3 times this ability laughable. This also serves to debunk the notion that Karna is top-tier martial artist on the level of individuals like Lancelot who could fight for long periods of time against a much stronger Gawain defensively, and Raiko, who scales to Lancelot (same rank of eternal arms mastery), as the skill gap clearly isn't so great between Gawain and Karna, and detestably no more than Siegfried and Karna.

On the extra trio. Although my memory is hazy regarding the first Extra game, I don't recall Nero ever being called weak outside of Hakuno himself being a hard-cap for her abilities, and her kit does not look weak. Tamamno absolutely is noted to be weak. Nameless is basically EMIYA with minor (stats) and major (clairvoyance) imporvements, and all the ups and downs accordingly. Statements against EMIYA come down to his stats making ranged combat preferable. Look at side/material's entry on Archers as a class, and look at how complete material 3 defines servant "strength." The entire premise of EMIYA's abilities are to be conventionally weak, but their application is strong, particularly when sniping. The end result is a strong fighter that's not a top tier, but has received praise from Heracles, Cu, fake Arjuna, and Richard(him being the shakiest). There's far too much out there to suggest that EMIYA isn't good at fighting.

So, all in all, this seems to be an unnecessary downplay of Nero, Nameless, and Gawain by extension.

Has anyone done Ozymandias vs Gilgamesh?
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    Has anyone done Ozymandias vs Gilgamesh?
    Ozy's temple has some anti purge defenses, however, we do not know its extent as to whether it can block Ea. Without them, Ozy has a bad matchup against Gilgamesh. Divinity means Gil can use his NPs within the temple, GoB should have potions that can block the poison, Enkidu is super effective against Ramses due to divinity and EA should damage a huge section, if not outright destroy the temple. Oats does have a tiny chance, depending on his anti purge defenses, but even then, it is an uphill fight for him.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I don't think Ozymandias has a chance exactly because he's so strong: Gilgamesh will fight seriously.

we know grail-boosted Ozy's anti-purge defenses can block divine spirit Rhongobongo beams. those beams are probably more powerful than what Gil can generate with Ea as a servant. however those beams also don't have an anti-reality effect AFAIK and there's the grail to consider since grails are plot devices that can do anything so the extent of the boost he got is impossible to measure.

in meta context I'd say Ozy beats Gil because Sakurai just wrote a more boring brown Gil and has a tendency to try to make everything stronger than anything before

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately meta context wise Ozy loses cause Gil is the strongest HS. Ozy doesn't have much that Gil can't beat.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Tendency try to make something stronger than anything before....
    Isn't it like.... The majority of Fate spin off?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Gil pulls out the Original Temple from his vault and drops it on Tentyris.

- - - Updated - - -

Really though, I'm sure GoB would be sealed inside the temple but there's nothing stopping Gil from attacking it from the outside and he's got a lot of BS in that gate.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if Tentyris is a RM would Ea just tear it apart like it did IH?

祖 Ancestor
    GoB probably wouldn't be sealed by Tentyris for the same reason Arthur's Invisible Air wasn 't. True Name releases might get gimped but passive NPs should be fine. Ozy's anti-purge defenses aren't absolute either. From his and Nito's dialogue right before the confrontation with Lion King, Tentyris diverts resources from Dendera to power the defenses. This resulted in the stalemate between him and the Round Table. Similarly Anti-purge would be a way to protect the pyramid from Gil on the outside, but Ozy's offense is lowered, and his usual magical beast tactic won't work at all when Gil has him beat him in a number's game. With anti-immortality/regen weapons like Harpe, Gil would win even if he went the dungeon route.

Lancer Brynhildr Vs Lancer Scathach. I don't think Bryn would win, but I still have some doubts.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Edmond Dantes versus Sho Kusakabe (Fire Force).

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    Lancer Brynhildr Vs Lancer Scathach. I don't think Bryn would win, but I still have some doubts.
    Bryn has a plus on her STR, but lower LCK. Unfortunately she doesn't love the emo queen so she's out of luck there. They both have Primordial Runes, but to the best of my knowledge Scathach's don't kill her. And Scathach has Gate of Skye.

Barring the power of love, Bryn is tragically screwed. Fucking powercreeping Sakurai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Time Temple Mash vs Miyu

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Time Temple Mash vs Miyu
    FGO Miyu or Prisma Miyu?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Saber Diarmuid Vs Saber Altera. I have doubts about how strong this version of Diarmuid is.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    Saber Diarmuid Vs Saber Altera. I have doubts about how strong this version of Diarmuid is.
    I mean in pure firepower he loses. But in battle I'd think he's probably more skilled then her, though I'm unsure. I wasnt here when it was released but did the mats explain what his second sword does?
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Altera almost definitely destroys him. She goes head to head with a whole fuckton of Servants and handily kicks all their arses in Extella. It's only when she meets Gil that she loses.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I mean in pure firepower he loses. But in battle I'd think he's probably more skilled then her, though I'm unsure. I wasnt here when it was released but did the mats explain what his second sword does?
    Raises his defensive power (including his MR, which was bumped to A+ from his original B) as well as his combat performance when used along with Moralltach. Moralltach already manipulates fate to achieve the "certain victory with the first strike" anecdote. So I'd say Diarmuid wins if he uses Moralltach successfully, but if he can't, then there's no chance of victory.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rama vs Altera

Saber Arturia vs Saber Charlemagne.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.