Page 6241 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 524157416141619162316236623962406241624262436246625162916341 ... LastLast
Results 124,801 to 124,820 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    That's not even a good argument considering Kirei isn't as bad as Shirou, has a bunch of baby batteries in his basement and Cu is a mana-efficient Servant
    except that thrown Gae Bolg requires your full mana

- - - Updated - - -

also, what can you show to prove that kirei isnt as bad as shirou if not worse?

also, the babies were for Gil

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    except that thrown Gae Bolg requires your full mana
    The attack can convert all of your full mana to make it more powerful yes, but doesn't require all your mana. Essentially more mana = more power

also, what can you show to prove that kirei isnt as bad as shirou if not worse?
    You mean a dude who can barely give Saber any magical replenishment, has barely better aptitude for Master than some muggles like Ryuunosuke and an mostly obstructed Magic Circuit vs a guy who actually studies magecraft with a functional magic circuit with years of experience and bunch of Command Spells to turn into mana at will ?

Kirei isn't a top tier mage by any mean (his skill is terrible outside of Spiritual Surgery) but he is definitely a far better Master than Shirou in term of mana supply

also, the babies were for Gil
    Gil never needs it. He still gives it to Gil yes but there is no indication that he cannot give it to Lancer as well during the HGW. The baby battery is literally a way for him to generate more mana to maintain a. A servant outside of HGW which cost more (no support from Grail) and b. 2 Servants at the same time during a HGW

Also don't forget Cu has barely done anything up to that point + he is extremely mana efficient meaning he most likely still has the full mana tank to go during that exchange
    Last edited by Altaris; January 22nd, 2020 at 02:53 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The "baby" batteries are drained by the Servants, not Kirei himself. Cú Chulainn doesn't eat people.

"more mana = more power"

thank you for proving the point that giving Cu a less than maximum mana supply will result in Gae Bolg thrown versiln being nerfed.

"kirei practices magecraft"

he is also horrible at it and can only do the very basics, like reinforcement and shared vision. He was also taught by Tokiomi. Shirou got next to no training, has an impediment from the basics because of his extreme specialization towards projection and his cicuits are clogged up and not bring used for most of the story. that is why only 1 or 2 lines is often used.

we are talking about potential as a mana battery. of course that the guy who has most circuits dormant because of lack of proper usage will be nerfed.

and Ryonosuke is from a mange family. he is no muggle and he is definetely not better than shirou

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Kirei isn't a top tier mage by any mean (his skill is terrible outside of Spiritual Surgery) but he is definitely a far better Master than Shirou in term of mana supply
    He's one step short of a fully fledged magus in everything except Spiritual Surgery, according to Zero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The "baby" batteries are drained by the Servants, not Kirei himself. Cú Chulainn doesn't eat people.
    That's debatable. There were a bunch of people killed by bladed weapons early on in the war, at a point when only Cu was active and free to roam.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    I thought it had already been WoG confirmed that lancer killed those people
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't remember any sort of quote on that, but we nerded it out- Herc doesn't have a bladed weapon, he has a piece of construction equipment, Saber & Archer weren't summoned, Kojiro can't leave the temple and probably hadn't been summoned, Hassan didn't exist in 2/3 routes, Medusa doesn't have blades and drinks blood instead anyway, and Medea has a thousand better ways to gather mana.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    He's one step short of a fully fledged magus in everything except Spiritual Surgery, according to Zero.
    nah
    Quote Originally Posted by vol 1
    Even after hearing Irisviel's opinion, Kiritsugu still shook his head. "It's not like that... if it was, then this guy's situation of the past three years cannot be explained. If his faith was chaste, it would be impossible for him to transfer into the Magus Association; it seems to be an order from the Holy Church, or it's possible that he was more faithful to the religious doctrine than the organization. But even this cannot explain it, because there is no necessity to train in thaumaturgy this seriously. Look, Tōsaka Tokiomi's report about Kirei given to the Association. The scope of training includes alchemy, spiritual evocation, summoning, divination... he is even more adept at healing magecraft than Tōsaka Tokiomi. What exactly is the reason for this enthusiasm?"

Irisviel continued reading the document, all the way to the end where Kotomine Kirei's ability summary was. "...I say, this Kirei really is kind of strange, but is it worth it for you to scrutinize to this degree? Although he seems to be very talented, he's not really a cut above other people."

"Ah, that's what I find strange." Looking at the uncomprehending Irisviel, Kiritsugu patiently explained. "No matter what this man does, he cannot reach the 'first-rate' level. When it comes down to it, he's not some sort of genius, just a normal man. But his achievement of quick results through complete and total effort is indeed scary. Certainly he has to exert ten or twenty times more effort than other people to achieve this level, but he actually stops when there's only one step left, and then without any lingering love transfers into another region. All the things he raised laboriously all along are tossed out like trash."
    [QUOTE vol 4]Pre-battle intelligence gathered from other fields:

According to the magecraft teaching result reports obtained from Tōsaka Tokiomi, Kotomine Kirei’s tutelage of magecraft had not progressed beyond the degree of a beginner. His most outstanding skill was spiritual healing. If he were to use any effective magecraft during battle, then the only predictable one would be physical enhancement; his most adept skill, used to exert even greater physical strength.[/QUOTE]

Turns out Kiritsugu was full on giving a standing ovation to a guy who did half of every class tutorial before deciding to main a monk.

Also
    That had not been within the scope of Kiritsugu's predictions. The Origin round fired from his Contender gun had been nullified – Kiritsugu couldn’t figure out the reason. Even Kirei himself wouldn’t have imagined that the uniqueness of his magecraft had nullified Kiritsugu’s killing blow.

Kirei had never been an orthodox magus. He, whose Magic Circuits had yet to be developed properly, had only obtained a source of prana through utilizing the spare Command Seals he received from Risei. The disposable, single-use Command Seals were all that saved Kirei. The moment the Origin round made contact, the Command Seal that served as his source of prana simply disappeared from Kirei’s arm.

His one-turn-kill plan now aborted, Kiritsugu could only progress onto the next step. He had not expected the opponent to have the opportunity to attack. Kirei’s attacks would only be a waste of effort if he couldn't touch Kiritsugu, but the overwhelming destructive power of his martial arts was evident. The man was a high-level martial artist, and if pulled into melee range, Kiritsugu's chances of victory were slim.
    at least in Zero his circuits are crap too
    Last edited by You; January 22nd, 2020 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    I don't remember any sort of quote on that, but we nerded it out- Herc doesn't have a bladed weapon, he has a piece of construction equipment, Saber & Archer weren't summoned, Kojiro can't leave the temple and probably hadn't been summoned, Hassan didn't exist in 2/3 routes, Medusa doesn't have blades and drinks blood instead anyway, and Medea has a thousand better ways to gather mana.
    maybe that was it. I do remember thinking it had to be lancer because medusa would have been drinking blood and medea was very explicitly not killing the people she was draining. She was going out of her way to avoid doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    Except I never ignored it. It's simply not good enough to justify your opinion, and you've corrected nothing. Surpassing humanity and being on the realm of gods and demons is frankly, not good enough to suggest a servant is equal to someone with Cu's statements in skill, let alone your opinion, which has Karna and Achilles being above Cu in skill. Ultimately, this discussion has been about me talking providing a strong, repeated accolade for Cu that puts him on the top 3 Lancers in spear usage. Your counter is "oh, Achilles and Karna are really skilled" with a generic statement. The result is you larp your feelings as facts. Then you have the gall to call me, who rejects your headcannon and sticks with the comparisons between Lancers presented to us, delusional. The irony.
    No, you've repeated your own ideas that Cu's accolades are somehow worth more than Achilles or Karna's own feats and accolades that somehow puts Cu above them in terms of skill. Apparently we can just dismiss or ignore the idea that Cu might be less skilled for no real reason and act like there is no information that suggests such a thing.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    "This guy is more skilled than all the other guys from the same class" is a precise statement which isn't debunked by "OMG that another guy is very, very strong" (especially considering how Higashide is terrible with everything flowery language). Not to mention that comparing "feats" with "accolades" is a fruitless effort as there is no common reference point between them. You could compare Cu and Achilles' performances if they at least fought the same enemies but that's not the case either.

Retreading the same grounds and neither side budging is fun and all, but at least try to figure it out when to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Retreading the same grounds and neither side budging is fun and all, but at least try to figure it out when to agree to disagree.
    Well, Cosmos Shield being comparable to Raw Ass seems to kill that argument in favour of Gay Bulge

Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    Lancer Gareth vs Astolfo Saber.
    Saber Astolfo has a pretty crazy kit considering how he's not a very notable person at all. God-binding net-whip-sword (is the Chain of Heaven a prototype to this?) and an infinite ninja clone ability (admittedly sealed, but we don't know the conditions), instant trashmob erasing tuba and A-rank Magic Resistance spellbook that can get even stronger if it's cloudy.
    Gareth's kit is pretty plain in comparison, especially since she doesn't have mats yet.

^
    Sure, if you take that one statement literally and don't take any other context along

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Saber Astolfo has a pretty crazy kit considering how he's not a very notable person at all. God-binding net-whip-sword (is the Chain of Heaven a prototype to this?) and an infinite ninja clone ability (admittedly sealed, but we don't know the conditions), instant trashmob erasing tuba and A-rank Magic Resistance spellbook that can get even stronger if it's cloudy.
    Gareth's kit is pretty plain in comparison, especially since she doesn't have mats yet.
    Kinda, but Astolfo's legend was about being basically the good-hearted but not a strong knight on an adventure finding and giving away all sorts of magic crap at the drop of a hat.

We're just lucky he doesn't have a jar that he can store other people's sanity in.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    That's debatable. There were a bunch of people killed by bladed weapons early on in the war, at a point when only Cu was active and free to roam.
    Oh, he definitely kills people, don't get me wrong - we see it when he goes after Shirou, for instance. But I really doubt he'd eat people, and I really, really doubt he'd eat the orphans in the basement even if he did - he's visibly disgusted with both Kirei and Gilgamesh in those scenes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, Cosmos Shield being comparable to Raw Ass seems to kill that argument in favour of Gay Bulge
    Cosmos = A+
    Projected Rho Aias = ~ B+ as kind of blocked B+ Gae Bolg
    +1 rank from projection degradation
    Original Rho Aias ~ A+

Therefore, Cosmos on the same level as Rho Aias =/= Cosmos on the same level as projected Rho Aias
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Cosmos = A+
    Projected Rho Aias = ~ B+ as kind of blocked B+ Gae Bolg
    +1 rank from projection degradation
    Original Rho Aias ~ A+

Therefore, Cosmos on the same level as Rho Aias =/= Cosmos on the same level as projected Rho Aias
    I see no "kind of" when your arm gets blasted off.

Good thing for +1 rank rune upgrades to Gay spears, amiright?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    ^
    Sure, if you take that one statement literally and don't take any other context along
    Feel free to add context

Do you just ignore other people's posts that provide said context, or is reading really that hard?