Page 6255 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 525557556155620562456250625362546255625662576260626563056355 ... LastLast
Results 125,081 to 125,100 of 128223

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Whether he could kill them depends on whether they have some conceptual immortality hax that puts them back together no matter what, or whether they can just be vaporised to end them. Musashi was only chopping off heads and limbs, which they put back on. Arondight beamu would straight-up remove them from the playing field.

That said, there's a reason one of the most asked for matches in this thread is Lancelot/Kojiro. Kojiro's so good he breaks reality, and Lancelot's shtick is that he's the (magically proven) greatest knight of his age.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Well, on Lancelot VS Kojiro, I do believe that Saber Kojiro /=/ Assassin Kojiro. However, if we were to scale them to a similar level (we know they have the same skills, and if there's a differnce, it's Tsubame Gaeshi), then we can get an idea of how it would work. Lancelot is a better CQB fighter than Artoria, and it was indicated that she could beat Kojiro on even ground......right up until they introduced Tsubame Gaeshi. Lancelot would also be above Kojiro in the general sense. The flip side is Lancelot has nothing in his kit to counter Tsubame Gaeshi. It perfectly counters someone like him, and all Kojiro has to do is assume a stance to use it. Course, there's the whole issue of Lancelot getting a beam application of Arondight in the form of Overload. Lancelot could just survive Kojiro until he can get the opportunity to charge it up.

I favor Lancelot overall.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It wasn't said that she could beat him on even ground, it was just that the high ground gave him an advantage.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Well, Kojirou can also be bruteforced and a lot of what kept him relevant in the fifth war is the combination of the temple bounded field, the gateway and Caster being around. In a neutral ground fight he can fight well when it comes to the normal swordfighting but he's going to lose the battle over time or in options and trumpcards.

Not an easy battle for Lancelot but it's a battle that Kojiro generally won't win between superior stats, Knight of the Lake allocation and Arondight Overload. But it's a better match up against an Artoria who could just strike air him or excalibur him when not limited, a Tristan or a Gawain who just gorillas at him.

I am doing this again. Both have already appeared and showed their skills in their respective anime. Rider Quetzalcoatl vs Lancer Karna.

Chaldea version.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Big Sister > Little Brother

祖 Ancestor
    Karna can stop whatever Quetz dishes out using that forced NP activation thing in LB4, but like, I think that might have consequences he can't go back on. He loses regardless. Quetz punches too hard and likely beats out VS in firepower.

JP Friend Code
    Is Karna's "protection against lesser divinities of the same type" exclusive to him, or is that a general thing for Divinity?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Is Karna's "protection against lesser divinities of the same type" exclusive to him, or is that a general thing for Divinity?
    Based on what Quetz pulled with the bull of heaven I'm going with general now.
    I used to be a staunch exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

祖 Ancestor
    I'd go with general. Authorities/divinities probably don't work too well on others of the same rank or higher. That's actually how Achilles' invincibility works. It doesn't get nulled by divinity outright, but those that are on his level or higher. D and E rank still get cuts in efficiency.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Based on what Quetz pulled with the bull of heaven I'm going with general now.
    I used to be a staunch exclusive.
    I barely remember that, can you refresh my memory?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I barely remember that, can you refresh my memory?
    I am also goddess of venus so i have authority over you. Suplex.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Ohh, right-o
    Well that does paint a bad picture for Karna

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'm gonna say VS is the only thing he has that could secure a win. Flamey Brahamastra or flamey eye lasers seem like a bad idea against a literal sun deity, and while he's ridiculously good at melee, I don't see him taking down a principal deity with just his spear.

Then it comes down to Basically The Sun or That Comet That Killed The Dinosaurs versus the god-killing... spear? Dart? thing.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It wasn't said that she could beat him on even ground, it was just that the high ground gave him an advantage.
    Narration indicates otherwise.

"The enemy's excellent skill and the definitely disadvantageous ground.Saber bites her lips, thinking she would not have this much trouble with that longsword on flat ground."

" To relinquish his advantage of being overhead is the same as losing for Assassin.Assassin is certainly a skilled swordsman, but that is only with the conditions of these geographical features."

"If they are on the same level, it is possible for Saber to repel Assassin's attack and slash his neck.
    But Assassin would know this as well.
    So why?"

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2048/

Summary of fight.

-Saber is statistically better (mana burst) and uses a technique that maxes out her speed and power, leveraging her physicality with her technique.

-Assassin focuses on subversive techniques, focusing on parrying and countering, and can use his sword in any position.

-Assassin has the high ground and leverages it, making it impossible for Saber to push through.

-Invisible air is the only reason Assassin can't immediately kill Saber.

-Assassin figures it out.

-Assassin goes on a level playing field, giving Saber the edge instead of himself under normal circumstances.

-Oh shit, Tsubame Gaeshi is a thing.

If Tsubamae Gaeshi weren't a thing, Artoria even under Shirou is good enough to kill Kojiro in a sword duel if Kojiro doesn't have a terrain advantage. Granted, TG does exist, and it makes Kojiro nearly invincible in a dedicated CQB duel (that don't involve hard counters like God Hand), and the requirements for it are hilariously low (just a stance, and no indicated consumption of ME).

Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    I am doing this again. Both have already appeared and showed their skills in their respective anime. Rider Quetzalcoatl vs Lancer Karna.

Chaldea version.
    Why do this to poor Karna? With wank, Karna's max firepower/defense is simply enough to match Quetz's max firepower, meanwhile her on-average power is just absurdly greater than his.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    Why do this to poor Karna? With wank, Karna's max firepower/defense is simply enough to match Quetz's max firepower, meanwhile her on-average power is just absurdly greater than his.
    ... What's max power Karna supposed to do against "Literally Immune to Good" Quetzalcoatl?

... What's max power Karna supposed to do against "Literally Immune to Good" Quetzalcoatl?
    Well........considering I was thinking of firepower and not that hax ability.............. Do we know if she lost it along with the majority of her divinity?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sigurd versus Licht Bach (Plunderer).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I think Servant!Quetz doesn't have that ability.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I think Servant!Quetz doesn't have that ability.
    Christmas 2018 mention she does, but at a reduced level. Think it was half. If so, this might mean Chaldea! Quetz operates at 50% divinity like the latter half of Babylonia.