Page 991 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 49189194198198698999099199299399610011041109114911991 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,820 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    tough call. of the two, it seems like fluffy tail has more fire power, but elf ears I gather, is a better magus, so might have some affinity. on the other hand, elf ears couldn't do much to zero caster, but I am actually not certain how well the monster would do against an attack like a merciful sky enhanced deathstone. or hell, even a sutra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Mae and Medea would have trouble with the Horrors, but I think Rule Breaker hitting Prelati's Spellbook would be...interesting.
    Any clue what that would do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    seeing as how prellati's spellbook is a noble phantasm, the answer is either cut off the connection to the monsters as long as it was in contact, or it might just be a big fat nothing. probably the former, however actually tagging the rulebook would take some doing.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    seeing as how prellati's spellbook is a noble phantasm, the answer is either cut off the connection to the monsters as long as it was in contact, or it might just be a big fat nothing. probably the former, however actually tagging the rulebook would take some doing.
    Sounds about right.
    Considering the sutra I've seen Mae able to use, I'd say she has a better chance against Gilles. Though Medea has Divine Words that could do the same...just not sure how effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Gille spams tentacle beasts, Medea spams Dragon Bone Golems.

Gilles goes Cthuhlu mode, Medea goes Ion Cannon.

Now, can the Ion Cannon match the fire power of Excalibur?

Blog Entries
    presumably not, going back to the fact that medea can at best deal damage 2 or three times before losing effectiveness against berserker, as opposed to an excaliblast which would probably punch his ticket right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    an excaliblast which would probably punch his ticket right then and there.
    Citation needed. We should have someone look up the Realtu Nua script and see if any changes have been made to clarify what Illya was talking about in that one scene.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On an off note, I don't know if Black Barrel Repilca (also Obelisk) is considered a nuke since SoK is immune to a nuke bomb (but it's different universes so I shouldn't say anything) If anything Sion would have been shot down by the bullets before she fires it. Yeah. I should stop now.

On a serious note:
    Sion (Normal or Tatari infused) Vs Sion TATARI (MB with Ries Last Arc or MBAA with part DoO AKA had a last arc related to DoO or something.)

Doppels go!

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Not it doesn't. It says he "was" unmatched in the world. You are also irgnoring the fact that Primate Murder and ORT were stated to be on a different level compared to Heroic Spirits (the former due to its ability to kill primates), or the fact that Nasu wasn't including Arc's inner personality during that other interview.
    Meant to say something but didn't. Nasu never said anything about them being on a different level. He said ORT doesn't follow the rules of Earth and that Primate Murder would have an affinity advantage over the primate heroes. Which is slightly different. Edit: okay never mind, he "supposes" they are in a different league of their own (oh Nasu) but
    so the only thing that can be said is that it all depends on the situation the moment it comes done to ""having the means of killing the other guy somehow"
    this part is the main point he is trying to make. Guess who has almost every means of killing something.
    Also the "was" isn't much of a qualifier when he "was" unmatched in an age of gods, the most horrible monster, and Divine Beasts that could consume all the world's food and water.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

He clearly considers them to be on a different level. Which is why he excluded the first 5 DAA from the DAA vs Servants interview.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Also the "was" isn't much of a qualifier when he "was" unmatched in an age of gods, the most horrible monster, and Divine Beasts that could consume all the world's food and water.
    It doesn't matter. Since at that time Earth didn't have an Ultimate One.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

I'm pretty sure in the timeline ORT and Gilgamesh are both on Earth at the same time. And he doesn't exclude the top 5 in the original interview, that's aria/deadfish's notes at the end there.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

We don't know when ORT crashlanded, it could very well have been after Gilgamesh's time.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

We don't know the exact date it seems but it was somewhere within range of his lifetime.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Citation needed. We should have someone look up the Realtu Nua script and see if any changes have been made to clarify what Illya was talking about in that one scene.
    No changes to that line, but it didn't really need clarification to begin with. The Japanese is explicit that it's talking about Berserker dying for good.

Blog Entries
    Which scene was that?

That would have saved us a few arguments if some had just said that to begin with. Now all we have to do is argue to death how reliable Illya's "might" is.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Fallacies and devil's proof are not acceptable arguments in a debate
    You're using fallacy fallacy here. I never even once said, that Gilgamesh absolutely should be able to have something to neutralize SoK. I only said that it is probable, that he has something like that, based on his amounts of supernatural weaponry with high versatility. I also supposed, that if he have means to avoid two unavoidable attacks, it isn't unreasonable to assume that he would able to dodge bullets.

None of if is fallacy.

or the fact that Nasu wasn't including Arc's inner personality during that other interview.
    You're talking about it?
    Q: Who is stronger, Gilgamesh or Arcueid (30%)? While Arcueid has the strength of 4 Servants, I remember there being a scene in hollow implying that Gil was the equivalent of 5 Servants + a.
    A. In the definition of Arcueid's strength, there's this thing where "her output changes according to her opponent". As an absolute order taken from her backup, the planet, she is allowed only an output a little stronger than her opponent. And. Single entity abilities of Arc and Servants are roughly on the same level

Servants use their respective Noble Phantasms while Arc uses her unlimited backup to fight, and differences occur depending on affinity. A simple-is-best Arc is an all rounder, and so generally her chances of winning are only high, but there are those opponents that she just has helplessly awful compatibility with.

For example, in cases where even if the guy's stats are about the same as Arc, he has a ridiculously large number of weapons with high versatility. As the amount Arc is allowed to take out is based on "single entity ability", against types like Gil-sama, well, you see?

And the "5 Servants + a" line is a comparison of simple "firepower". Like with the "corpses", foot soldier level opponents aren't going to be avoiding their attacks, so the ones who'd have the advantage are the ones who have more weapons. The reason why Servants excellent at one-on-one combat didn't stand out in Broad Bridge was because of this. Also, for normal Arc, she would get approximately the equivalent of 2 Servants single entity stats.
    Well, I don't see anything remotely like "I don't include Arc's inner personality" and "Arc's inner personality is much stronger than Gilgamesh" in Nasu speech, so, I guess, it is your interpretation?

You are also irgnoring the fact that Primate Murder and ORT were stated to be on a different level compared to Heroic Spirits
    You're talking about this interview?
    Q: Who would be stronger if Servants fought the 27 Ancestors? Servant's also have superhuman battle ability, but the 27 Ancestors are also superhuman monsters... I got the impression that ORT, Primate Murder, Altrouge Brunestud, and so on were obviously stronger than Servants.
    A: All I can is they're both powerful... They're both beings that live in mystery, so the only thing that can be said is that it all depends on the situation the moment it comes done to "having the means of killing the other guy somehow". Among those, Earth rules won't even apply to ORT in the first place and Primate Murder has the super advantage against primates so they're in a league of their own, I suppose. Speaking of which, for one Primate Murder, seven Guardians would be the appropriate amount.
    Well, he doesn't says that their level is higher. ORT ignores Earth rules and Primate Murder is super-effective against primates, they're in a league of their own because of what.

We don't know when ORT crashlanded, it could very well have been after Gilgamesh's time.
    The only date that I can remember is 5000 years before C. E. Gilgamesh's was in rule approximately 2500 years ago.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; March 10th, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Well, he doesn't says that their level is higher.
    "...league of their own..."

Well, I don't see anything remotely like "I don't include Arc's inner personality" and "Arc's inner personality is much stronger than Gilgamesh"
    30% Arc

Blog Entries
    Now all we have to do is argue to death how reliable Illya's "might" is.
    That doesn't sound tedious and annoying in the least!

Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    I have no idea what that means. After reading FSN "league of their own" and "whole other level" have turned into meaningless noise to me. Like when you say a word so many times in a row it doesn't sound like a word anymore.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; March 10th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    "Among those, Earth rules won't even apply to ORT in the first place and Primate Murder has the super advantage against primates so"

They themselves are not on different level, its just their abilities (alieness and primate-murdering) that place them in a league of their own. You also should note, that he was talking about Servants in general, and that includes beings from level of Hassan's to Gilgamesh.

30% Arc
    I meant, he (Nasu) didn't specified about which Arc he is talking about.