Page 6209 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 520957096109615961996204620762086209621062116214621962596309 ... LastLast
Results 124,161 to 124,180 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Spartacus is wide open to all attacks, though; not only he doesn't wear armour, his entire fighting style as a Berserker revolves around getting damaged and hitting back. His EX-Rank Endurance doesn't seem to mean he has invulnerable skin (well, not any more than action anime characters in general), it means he has a boatload of Hit Points because he's getting +7 HPs per Hit Die.

I mean being able to tank a big noble phantasm to the face is a big deal. Isn’t Blasted Tree B tank? Considering a C rank Noble Phantasm is suppose to be equal to around a A+ hit... Well, in any case a good solid straight on normal hit is enough to often be crippling or even fatal at times.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Doesn't Mordred have like, no armour at all on her upper arms?
    Spoiler:
    mo

Seems to me that Vlad could porcupine her just as well if not better then Karna. Moedred's Armour is pretty good by Anime Standards, but there are still holes in it. And if even one stakes gets through she's fucked.
    That might actually be right, but look under the helmet- there's some protective layering there, and I'd argue she's got that under the red decorative fabric, but yeah, she does have a few openings.

Still, though, he'll actually need to target those relatively small, fast-moving areas on an A-tier Servant with Instinct. At the same time, he has no defensive abilities beyond the stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatchar View Post
    I just reread the Apo LN in Vol 2 Ch 3 part 7, idk if this a good example how strong her armor is, so basically...

Chiron said that her armor dont have any special abilities like other defensive np. It just hide her true name and stat until she open her helmet. It does have a good defense tho since it was enchanted by Morgan but definitely inferior compared to other defensive np in that HGW.

Modred able to tank a CS buffed Frankenstein (C STR+CS) but it injured her and bend her armor as well. Sieg able to pierce and damage Modred on that area with Astolfo's sword even tho he is as weak as other human.

Modred able to tank Fran's np and heavily wounded but its not buffed by CS. Long explanation but basically Caules and Shishigou's CS cancel each other and because of this Fran dont get any boost
    Yes. She took on a Noble Phantasm. A finishing move. A gigantic tree made of lightning. And still walked away. That's how good her armour is.

Wooden stakes <<< A Servant's weapon.

Sieg is literally plot armour incarnated, I wouldn't take anything that involves him as anywhere near serious. Vlad turns Karna's insides into a pincushion, Karna's fine ten seconds later. Sieg stabs him once, Karna's suddenly the biggest wimp in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatchar View Post
    Saying it just a mere wood is a bit understatement. Yes it is an ordinary stakes and the damage is low but it still able to pierce servant like Spartacus with ease and the material said it does has penetration power. Its the number that should be feared. Modred may able to tank those stakes with her armor, 10 or 20 stacks its not a problem but can her armor withstand 20k stakes that literally come from anywhere simultaneously? Plus she still has to face Vlad as well, so its Modred vs 20k stakes+Vlad
    It isn't an understatement because they are literally just wood. If a thing hits magical armour and does 0 damage, then 20,000 of that thing hitting the armour will also do 0 damage.

Also he definitely can't pull numbers that high simultaneously, and when he tries to drop a big number on her, he still loses because he has to trade with an A+ ranked NP, and said Anti-Fortress NP will utterly destroy him and all the stakes he can put up to defend himself.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    On the armor thing, is it just penguin king saber that can use prana burst to create extra armor or can any prana bursters do thatI’m honestly not sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I think she's the only one who's done that so far.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I've never seen the armour linked with mana burst in any materials. I'm fairly sure they're entirely different things.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I've never seen the armour linked with mana burst in any materials. I'm fairly sure they're entirely different things.
    I don’t...think so? I could be wrong. But I am fairly confident saber alter’s increased END is a function of her using her extra magical energy via prana burst to soak herself in magical energy and increase her armor mass. That’s why she is wearing more of it.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It isn't an understatement because they are literally just wood. If a thing hits magical armour and does 0 damage, then 20,000 of that thing hitting the armour will also do 0 damage.

Also he definitely can't pull numbers that high simultaneously, and when he tries to drop a big number on her, he still loses because he has to trade with an A+ ranked NP, and said Anti-Fortress NP will utterly destroy him and all the stakes he can put up to defend himself.
    Yes, a normal wood that can pierce and kill magical being like servant which also does continuous damage for every stakes it hit. Able to pierce Spartacus along side with huge golem above him and even stop his movement.
    There is no guaranteed that her armor will take 0 damage from Vlad's stakes, especially when Amakusa prefer to send Karna to face Vlad rather than Modred

What make you think he cant do that? The story or atleast in Karna's perspective stated that there are 20k stakes in total. If he cant summon all of them then there is no way Karna can counted it, afterall everytime Karna destroy the stakes it immediately regenerate a new one
    Last edited by BlackWatchar; December 12th, 2019 at 11:16 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Isn't K&K a decent armor outside of the 90 percent reduction thing?
    Or does it only do 90 percent reduction against everything period?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I'm pretty positive it has inherent defenses as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Before addressing some other comments, I'm gonna answer this one. Vlad outright states that Karna's armor stopped his stakes, and Karna was only wounded 3 times. By definition, his armor also functions as actual armor, not just damage reduction, which is the backup if he's hit somewhere it doesn't protect and/or reduce effectiveness of blunt attacks, the weakness of IRL armor.

it’s not actually a question that even in the saber kit, arguably the strongest class container, mordred is a 5 star even in a gacha not weighted towards waifus

Jack the Ripper, Okita, Murasaki, Astolfo, Bradamante, Cleopatra, Nightingale and Hijikata are also 5 stars

Rarity just means popularity in FGO and an indicator of what the developer thinks "what would sell best"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Which 5 star Servant is the least deserving of 5 star hood
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Which 5 star Servant is the least deserving of 5 star hood
    Jack, she's weaker than any Hassan.

also Amakusa, there's no way he's better than other saints.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; December 13th, 2019 at 06:37 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Void Shiki. Not even a Heroic Spirit, just a chick with Brain Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Jack the Ripper, Okita, Murasaki, Astolfo, Bradamante, Cleopatra, Nightingale and Hijikata are also 5 stars

Rarity just means popularity in FGO and an indicator of what the developer thinks "what would sell best"
    He's talking about the gacha of KOTR through the table shard catalyst, not FGO.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Imagine using FGO Rarity ratings to judge power levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    He's talking about the gacha of KOTR through the table shard catalyst, not FGO.
    I don't think KOTR Servants are given ratings up to 5 Stars in anything apart from FGO Gacha though.
    Last edited by AAM1232; December 13th, 2019 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post

im aware you have already been called out for it and all but seriously.

it was like 3 sentences. You could have actually read it first.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    im aware you have already been called out for it and all but seriously.

it was like 3 sentences. You could have actually read it first.
    I mean you made a statement by rating Mordred using FGO's Rarity values, without explaining why this should be taken seriously (proper context). Hard to understand what a 5 star Saber is when there are quite a lot of good Sabers.

祖 Ancestor
    It was just a metaphor to rate her top tier in a hypothetical gacha that didn't have waifu/popularity bias.
    I figure it was clear enough.

Anyways.
    Ibaraki vs Bedivere

Battle of the weird right arms.