Page 6015 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 501555155915596560056010601360146015601660176020602560656115 ... LastLast
Results 120,281 to 120,300 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Link almost certainly does have some innate swordsmanship experience from his past lives. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense that some random farmboy can instantly become a master swordsman after being handed a blade, with minimal to no training. Of course you could write it off as simply a videogame conceit, but there's no reason to do so when a logical in-universe explanation actually exists.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    So marbles hurt Cloud?
    What does cloud and my patients have in common?

they have lost their marbles
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yeah, Link almost certainly does have some innate swordsmanship experience from his past lives. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense that some random farmboy can instantly become a master swordsman after being handed a blade, with minimal to no training. Of course you could write it off as simply a videogame conceit, but there's no reason to do so when a logical in-universe explanation actually exists.
    Even beyond just the sword, he picks up an item and is able to instantly use it with proficiency despite never having used it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    What does cloud and my patients have in common?

they have lost their marbles
    Marbles hurt people.

Cloud is a people.

Therefore marbles hurt Cloud.

US Friend Code
    Okay then.

Still though Link swordsmanship doesn't really equal Servant swordsmanship. I'm not really aware of a Link being able to deflect bullets just with his sword for example.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Let be real, none of the servants are actually good swordsmen, Saber mostly swings her sword like a friggin bat with little to no martial art behind it.

And also

Swordsmanship skill=/=deflecting bullets.

That's entirely related to reaction and speed.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    You are absolutely correct. None of the heroic spirits, the greatest humans who have ever lived, are any good at their jobs.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Let be real, none of the servants are actually good swordsmen, Saber mostly swings her sword like a friggin bat with little to no martial art behind it.

And also

Swordsmanship skill=/=deflecting bullets.

That's entirely related to reaction and speed.
    No Servant's do tend to be great fighters, realistically. it is just that this is an anime franchise and thus flashier fights are more entertaining. We have explicit references in the VN that Saber is a very, very good swordsman. If she wasn't she would have been decapitated by Kojirou in a second. Servants are supposed to be history's greatest heroes, and that tends to mean they are crazy good fighters.

As for reaction and speed, that's my point. You won't find a more influential factor in a fight then that.

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Except it was noted everyone was weaker. Likewise, Cloud was being weakened by geo stigma.
    Everyone else was weaker - Tifa notes Cloud never lost his edge, and in fact, after dropping all the metaphorical weight he had been carrying, he's much stronger than at the beginning of the movie (just compare his performance against Bahamut Sin and Sephiroth to his earlier fights against Kadaj and the others).

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Anyone else would be blown away because even NPs don’t have the raw power of a summon.
    Eh, I'd say that's debatable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Of course you could write it off as simply a videogame conceit, but there's no reason to do so when a logical in-universe explanation actually exists.
    And yet, he still needs to level up and learn swordsmanship maneuvers from others in Zelda II.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    You are absolutely correct. None of the heroic spirits, the greatest humans who have ever lived, are any good at their jobs.
    Thhhhaaaannnkkk you?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    No Servant's do tend to be great fighters, realistically. it is just that this is an anime franchise and thus flashier fights are more entertaining. We have explicit references in the VN that Saber is a very, very good swordsman. If she wasn't she would have been decapitated by Kojirou in a second. Servants are supposed to be history's greatest heroes, and that tends to mean they are crazy good fighters.

As for reaction and speed, that's my point. You won't find a more influential factor in a fight then that.
    Apologies. The way you phrased it made it sound like if you have enough swordsmanship skill you'd be able to deflect bullets.

US Friend Code
    Poor phrasing on my part. The reason I noted Servant swordsmanship has less to do with the Swordsmanship then it has to do with the Servant, the beings who fight so fast normal humans can't track them.

anywhere than here

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    And yet, he still needs to level up and learn swordsmanship maneuvers from others in Zelda II.
    He learns moves in Twilight Princess too. I was never arguing all of Link's past experience carries over, just a certain bare minimum like how to swing a sword.

Even beyond just the sword, he picks up an item and is able to instantly use it with proficiency despite never having used it before.
    Literally every videogame with powerups ever. What even is this argument?

Also the initial argument that Link is good because he inherits the experience of his other incarnations doesn't make much sense or hold much weight either.

1) If you go by this Avatar-esque theory, then the early incarnations of Link would have less experience accumulated overall, and this just isn't true.
    2) The Links at the end of each timeline wouldn't have the experience of all the other Links, only 4 + 7/3/3 respectively.
    3) Explain BotW Link, since BotW doesn't fit into any canonical timeline (as far as anyone knows).
    4) If he already inherits this experience through some conceptual line of heroes, then why doesn't TP Link already know the moves taught by the Ancient Hero, who is a previous incarnation of the Hero of Time (not to mention the Ancient Hero literally regrets the fact that he couldn't pass on what he learned).
    5) The most logical reasoning behind the multiple Links is that they're basically the center characters of a prophecy, except for the ones that are literally the same person, or the ones who are descendents (confirmed in child timeline), and not a literal reincarnation or an incarnation that got passed down through a bloodline (which doesn't work, just in case you thought about it, since most of them aren't related, and there are even cases where Link dies), like how Hylia incarnated as Zelda and her powers got passed on to the other Zeldas in the royale bloodline.

BAD take sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    So in the end what IS Link's best feat that could beat Cloud
    Raff?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    So in the end what IS Link's best feat that could beat Cloud
    Raff?
    DEATH BATTLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

An unfunny joke, not the "so bad it's good" kind like a pun.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Well what did you expect when I brought it up in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    5) The most logical reasoning behind the multiple Links is that they're basically the center characters of a prophecy, except for the ones that are literally the same person, or the ones who are descendents (confirmed in child timeline), and not a literal reincarnation or an incarnation that got passed down through a bloodline (which doesn't work, just in case you thought about it, since most of them aren't related, and there are even cases where Link dies), like how Hylia incarnated as Zelda and her powers got passed on to the other Zeldas in the royale bloodline.
    I'm so glad the last one I played was A Link to the Past.

Blog Entries
    Well, you shouldn’t be

Well what did you expect when I brought it up in the first place?
    Well, you said "by that logic Link beats Cloud", when I was clearly deriding it, so... I dunno, not that?

I mean Tifa losing to a kid still in training whose best feat was small building level while she scales to country busters like Sephiroth and the WEAPONS was just sheer dumb.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Well, you said "by that logic Link beats Cloud", when I was clearly deriding it, so... I dunno, not that?

I mean Tifa losing to a kid still in training whose best feat was small building level while she scales to country busters like Sephiroth and the WEAPONS was just sheer dumb.
    Well, that's just what happens when you don't hit the Yeah!s, yeah? No accounting for a bad spin of the slots.