Page 5779 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4779527956795729576957745777577857795780578157845789582958796279 ... LastLast
Results 115,561 to 115,580 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Excalibur one rank down would be B++

Also we don't actually know its performance because
    Excalibur
    Sword of Promised Victory
    and
    Excalibur Image
    Everdistant Golden Sword
    are not the same.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I want to say it’s above Kuro’s paper mache Excalibur

but its fucking Prisma so maybe not

A++ ranked down isn't A+, it's B++ (projection always gets a full rank demerit outside of the Avalon situation in Fate).

EDIT: Beaten.

But eh. I still don't see Archer being able to take down Medusa any easier in the moon cell.

It's not like either of those options are better for Archer in comparison to BP Caladbolg II.

Excalibur Image requires him to have UBW up if I remember correctly as well.
    Last edited by Megas; May 17th, 2018 at 02:05 AM.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean people forget but the two did fight briefly in HF.

EMIYA wound up halfway to petrified before someone intervened.

Medusa is actually a pretty hard counter to Emiya

JP Friend Code
    Make him fight offscreen and he'll be able to even put some fight against a serious Karna

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    >Karna
    >Not Technique oriented

.....Uncrowned Martial Arts not being acknowledged is part of the skill I guess lol.

Without prep I can honestly see Lu Bu and Karna just taking on team Nero alone. Medusa, Liz, and Tamamo could probably sit back and watch.
    Obviously by technique I don't just mean martial ability. After all, Lu Bu is supposed to be divine-level skilled with the Houtengeki as well. But both him and Karna favor straightforward fights as opposed to luring the opponent into a trap or, say, sneaking around freaking invisible.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Emiya's not beating Medusa, even if he has knowledge this time.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    He has his butt cape, he can make a nice blindfold out of it.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Do we actually have any concrete examples of how EMIYA's rank down works? The only projections that i know that have a stated rank is K&B at C- so I took that as the (-) being how the rank down is represented. Since if all A ranks are B when projected, then how did Emiya put those sword wounds in Herc?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    That’s too good

about OG matchup, yeah, if we’re just counting Servants and no Regalia, Tamamo faction wins

im gonna assume Foxtail didn’t have the lower sun Divinity clause with Gawain Numeral or Numeral is equivalent to Karna’s Divinity. All I know about that fight is that full power Gawain wins against a nerfed Karna

oh yeah, Robin Vs Emiya
    Gawain wasn't sun buffed. By the same token Karna didn't have his armor. The battle had to do with a difference of quality of master, the Servants themselves were pretty much equal in the fight.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Do we actually have any concrete examples of how EMIYA's rank down works? The only projections that i know that have a stated rank is K&B at C- so I took that as the (-) being how the rank down is represented. Since if all A ranks are B when projected, then how did Emiya put those sword wounds in Herc?
    Actually yeah, Caladbolg II is still A rank which implies the plus modifiers are what drop.

Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Actually yeah, Caladbolg II is still A rank which implies the plus modifiers are what drop.
    Caladbolg II =/= Caladbolg

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Isn't it A-Ranked only as a Broken Phantasm, though?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Caladbolg II =/= Caladbolg
    The modifications don't change the rank drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Isn't it A-Ranked only as a Broken Phantasm, though?
    Probably, not sure if that's confirmed anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

But wait that would mean the plus modifier is also gone. So it's a whole rank + drop?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    The modifications don't change the rank drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably, not sure if that's confirmed anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

But wait that would mean the plus modifier is also gone. So it's a whole rank + drop?
    Rin says BP Calabolg II is A rank so the modification + rank down seems to have changed Calabolg from A+ to B.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Karna, Medusa and Lu Bu attacked Nero's team at the beginning of Golden Arc and he held back. Hakuno said that if Karna wanted to actually fight, he woud've already smoked them.
    would Hakuno of all people be a reliable estimator of how a fight would unfold? he has little direct comvat experience and Fate MC's often make mistakes in such matters. HF Shirou thought that Kotomine had no chance against him, Mash thought that Scathach could never lose in America, etc...

as a counter to that, Archer, who has more experience, stated that all of the top servants in Altera's team were Karna level. i think Gawain or Cu can take on Iskander or Jeanne, dont you?

also, for example, Zouken said that even Hercules couldnt win a 3v1 fight and assassin is one of those 3 so he aint exactly impressive. both Hercules and Karna are strong heroes whose biggest asset is their durability, so i think the same logic would apply to karna and Gawain could probably match BK and Cu with Runes could probably do something on that level.

Basically, i think there is way more to the scenario than just "lol, Karna stomps"
    Last edited by fire_mountain_30; May 17th, 2018 at 02:54 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    would Hakuno of all people be a reliable estimator of how a fight would unfold? he has little direct comvat experience and Fate MC's often make mistakes in such matters. HF Shirou thought that Kotomine had no chance against him, Mash thought that Scathach could never lose in America, etc...
    He said it base on what happened. Lu Bu recklessly charged in and gave Gawain (no sunbuff) a hard time while Medusa also joins so Nero had to dispatch the entire team to deal with him. Due to having Regalia buff, they managed to restrain Lu Bu so Medusa decided to retreat. Karna then jumped down out of nowhere, he was just observing, that's when Hakuno and Nero realized he could've joined the fight and destroyed them, as they don't even realize he is there watching. But he wasn't there to fight, he was testing to see if Nero's team is capable of getting through the defense of Tamamo's capital to persuade her, so he put them through a death or alive situation with Lu Bu. Once he saw that Nero with Regalia is good enough, he pretended to not knowing anything and let them know where Tamamo's capital is so they can go there and talk to her.
    as a counter to that, Archer, who has more experience, stated that all of the top servants in Altera's team were Karna level. i think Gawain or Cu can take on Iskander or Jeanne, dont you?
    Karna soloed Altera's faction in his side story and then arrived to face off against the titan.

Basically, i think there is way more to the scenario than just "lol, Karna stomps"
    If most of the scenarios is "lol Karna stomps" then I see no need to explore other minor scenarios.

are we counting sidestories now? almost anyone goes on to do things that would usually be thought as being impossible for them in their respective sidestories. doest arturia beat both Iskander and Gil at the same time in hera, for example?

- - - Updated - - -

also, "soloed the Altera faction" only means anything if he fought all 4 of them at the exact same time

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    are we counting sidestories now? almost anyone goes on to do things that would usually be thought as being impossible for them in their respective sidestories. doest arturia beat both Iskander and Gil at the same time in hera, for example?
    Yes we count side stories because they are also scenarios. I don't see any impossible here. Artoria is at her best cuz she is fully supported by Moon Cell, plus Gil and Iskandar didn't get defeated, they just retreated. Her side story is basically her rushing through the enemy's team to reach Altera.
    also, "soloed the Altera faction" only means anything if he fought all 4 of them at the exact same time
    Your logic is weird. He took them down by himself so yes he soloed them.