Page 5934 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 493454345834588459245929593259335934593559365939594459846034 ... LastLast
Results 118,661 to 118,680 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Its not unique stop uniqueing it
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Muh mergeGoddamit zurvan

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Muh mergeGoddamit zurvan
    y-you too

Blog Entries
    Also just want to say but dragon core is not the prequisite for having magic energy burst, and Scathach is a Star type servant to begin with

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Annoyingly, Scathach's Wisdom says nothing about skills that induce a burden on the body like Imperial Privilege does.

- - - Updated - - -

I like to think that in Presage Flower Cu feels the dirks coming and flexes hard enough that the wind pressure blasts them aside.
    at first, I had thought PfA worked like Cu had that much skill that it didn’t really matter if he got shot at as long as it was within range

but then Presage happened and thinking about it, it actually fits, I just didn’t visualize that way.

Caster Cu, who's probably better than Scathach magic-wise considering he can make a Gate of Skye-alike and rip off her Wisdom with runes.

- - - Updated - - -

He warps away Caladbolg in First Order.
    its crazy to me that happened because Caladbolg can warp space too. Blows Medea the fuck out but then Cu happens. I guess Rune stuff is really that good.

Also just want to say but dragon core is not the prequisite for having magic energy burst, and Scathach is a Star type servant to begin with
    I kind of feel that magical energy bursting is technically achievable by anybody who can control magical energy, just MB is the highest level possible

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    at first, I had thought PfA worked like Cu had that much skill that it didn’t really matter if he got shot at as long as it was within range

but then Presage happened and thinking about it, it actually fits, I just didn’t visualize that way.

its crazy to me that happened because Caladbolg can warp space too. Blows Medea the fuck out but then Cu happens. I guess Rune stuff is really that good.
    I always thought PfA was just an automatic wind shield, but I guess the flex idea works somewhat.

Also, Cu has some Primal Runes, don't forget, and even if Medea does have High Speed Divine Words, Cu has a faster casting time and the aforementioned runes, which are ridiculously powerful.

Blog Entries
    Cu does not necessarily have faster casting times tho

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Mana Burst is the equivalent to what Sakura in Naruto does. Yes, any ninja in the series can expell chakra. No, not everyone has the reserves to spend or actual vectoring control to expel it focused enough to punch hard.

Cu does not necessarily have faster casting times tho
    Runes are automatically faster than spell chants. That's why Scathach taught Cu runes.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Mana Burst is the equivalent to what Sakura in Naruto does. Yes, any ninja in the series can expel chakra. No, not everyone has the reserves to spend or actual vectoring control to expel it focused enough to punch hard.
    saber has one good fight and then is more than useless for the rest of the show, wakaru wakaru
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Also the love interest to a guy that sometimes gets black marks on his skin, calls himself an Avenger when he's at his edgiest, but normally has an unhealthy obsession with a deceased family member and likes copying other people's abilities while screaming in a Sugiyama voice.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    In the first summer event Scathach gave herself animal dialogue. At throat time the only Servant with that skill was Kintoki. By the logic your using that shouldn't happen since he was the only who had it thus unique. Thus that way of thinking doesn't work. By unique it isn't talking about skills that are unique because few people have them. But skills that are calls unique since their inherently special with unique effects. Like Numeral for example. A skill that Scathach wouldn't be able to give herself that is a little common would be imperial privliage I think. Tho that's just my guess
    Lobo is also revealed to have animal dialogue now and logically speaking I doubt those are the only two who have it. Regardless animal dialogue isn't like PfA which is a divine blessing (Touta's might not be, but we don't know where it comes from), I have a hard time believing Scathach can copy something like that. The fact that Imperial Privilege has a line specifying burdens of the body can be acquired suggests skill acquisition skills can't always grant those.

Although honestly, this is all speculation either way.

US Friend Code
    I don't think Cu used his makeshift Gate to shift Caladbolg away. It looked like it got sucked of its magicap energy wh8ch is one thing the Gate can do
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Regardless animal dialogue isn't like PfA which is a divine blessing (Touta's might not be, but we don't know where it comes from),
    It doesn't actually matter where it comes from. It matters whether its unique. It isn't unique, therefore, its up for grabs.

It's basically why she's partially a god, she spent so much time in the realm of the gods she's capable of their sort of dominion.

US Friend Code
    Lobo is also revealed to have animal dialogue now and logically speaking I doubt those are the only two who have it. Regardless animal dialogue isn't like PfA which is a divine blessing (Touta's might not be, but we don't know where it comes from), I have a hard time believing Scathach can copy something like that. The fact that Imperial Privilege has a line specifying burdens of the body can be acquired suggests skill acquisition skills can't always grant those.

Although honestly, this is all speculation either way.
    It being Divine doesn't make it unique. That's not how it works.

Wisdom can give skills that are of the body, like Clairvoyance. That said the one thing to keep in mind that all skills it gives can also be taught. Now you can say that makes it that PoA can't be given since Cu was born with it, but I don't think so.since in the VN the skill was described as Cu responding to air currents and killing intent. I think the skill can be trained.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    It doesn't actually matter where it comes from. It matters whether its unique. It isn't unique, therefore, its up for grabs.

It's basically why she's partially a god, she spent so much time in the realm of the gods she's capable of their sort of dominion.
    I don't think unique literally means only one person has it. It can still be unique if it's restricted to a small enough group.

Then again, as of GO most skills are personalized, so I don't know actually...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    It being Divine doesn't make it unique. That's not how it works.

Wisdom can give skills that are of the body, like Clairvoyance. That said the one thing to keep in mind that all skills it gives can also be taught. Now you can say that makes it that PoA can't be given since Cu was born with it, but I don't think so.since in the VN the skill was described as Cu responding to air currents and killing intent. I think the skill can be trained.
    It depends on how you interpret divine blessing I suppose, if it's something Cu could acquire because of divine heritage or if there's actually a god actively imposing the blessing upon him. The former is more likely upon reflection.

I don't think PfA can be taught though, at least not at the level Cu has. I think there's definitely an element of projectiles straight up being forced to miss, the way the VN described it Cu shouldn't have been able to block them all just swinging around his spear, and that some of them did get through the gaps in his swings. That implies it makes at least a few projectiles miss.

saber has one good fight and then is more than useless for the rest of the show, wakaru wakaru
    Also the love interest to a guy that sometimes gets black marks on his skin, calls himself an Avenger when he's at his edgiest, but normally has an unhealthy obsession with a deceased family member and likes copying other people's abilities while screaming in a Sugiyama voice.
    Cant' believe I didn't see that earlier. At least Saber quit whining once she got with Avenger boy.

JP Friend Code
    Scath can probably give herself some form of Protection from Arrows, but I don't think it would be as good as Cu's at least.

Scath can probably give herself some form of Protection from Arrows, but I don't think it would be as good as Cu's at least.
    So like a Protection of Arrows (False) Rank C?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Runes are automatically faster than spell chants. That's why Scathach taught Cu runes.
    That's normally true but not in the case when you compare it to high speed divine words.
    Single runes are single actions (step).
    High Speed divine word are faster than single actions (step).
    Rin's Gandr shot and Rider's Mystic Eyes were Single Action. Shirou and Archer's lengthy incantation of more than five Bars approached Ten Count.
    Caster's spells were only one Bar, but she could activate them faster than one Step, trumping mages of the same level in speed.
    Even though Caster's spells were merely one Bar, their power was equivalent to spells of more than five Bars. Normal mages could not match them.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.