Page 6013 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 501355135913596360036008601160126013601460156018602360636113 ... LastLast
Results 120,241 to 120,260 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    And well, what can you say when consistently X things tend to be at certain speeds, then something else comes out as a big outlier? Is it some inconsistent thing that should be more like the others? or is it meant to be a big exception? Considering it's release is suppose to be about super big speeds, I'd say it's probably an exception.
    It is inconsistent in that if it was just as easy as that Artoria wouldn't have needed her motorcycle to chase after Iskandar/Lancelot(or that if Lancelot was that fast why could Artoria be able to keep up with him). Servants are fast yeah, but there's a difference between moving your arms and jumping around then a constant sprint. The main thing is that like everything Servants have a fuel limit, you don't ask a man to outrun a horse because your gonna spend to much energy to get at that speed, plus the fact you body isn't built for something like that. Servants do move faster then the speed of sound, but that's different then saying they can outrun a Servant mount, they can't except for a few exceptions. It is thanks to their speed they can react to it, but they aren't faster then it, thats not how that works.

As for Achilles, for all his speed we do have explicit statements that on his chariot he is faster.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; October 15th, 2018 at 07:41 AM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    you don't ask a man to outrun a horse
    Not unless you're trying to settle a pub bet:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon

Blog Entries
    Judging from that article they give the human runners a 15 minute head start each race
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Like you said it's going to be a drawn out battle, so I'd put my money on the person whose designed for drawn out battles.
    But does George have anything that can protect him from Gáe Bolg? Either the regular hearstab version or the Anti-Army one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    [...] you don't ask a man to outrun a horse because your gonna spend to much energy to get at that speed, plus the fact you body isn't built for something like that.
    Technically, if it's long-distance running, humans tend to have the advantage in terms of endurance.

Blog Entries
    His magic horse of invincibility?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    But does George have anything that can protect him from Gáe Bolg? Either the regular hearstab version or the Anti-Army one?

- - - Updated - - -
    Instinct, Invincibility sword, high luck, Guardian Knight, Battle Continuation, budget Avalon horse... yeah George is as tanky as a Servant can get.

Technically, if it's long-distance running, humans tend to have the advantage in terms of endurance.
    Yeah but that's if they take their time. They will out tire the horse, that's good for hunting. In a full out sprint tho, no no.

anywhere than here

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Heartstab: A+ Luck and Instinct C take care of it.
    Thrown: Magic Horse of No-Sell.

Also, even if he gets hit that A Rank Battle Continuation means George'll Probably keep trucking.

Which is of course why that article Mcjon linked earlier mentions that they had to shorten the race because it was too hard for the humans to keep up.

Oh, right, forgot about it.
    How does it work, again? Does it take the bullet for George or something?

US Friend Code
    Oh, right, forgot about it.
    How does it work, again? Does it take the bullet for George or something?
    It's called Phantom War Horse, as I said its probably a budget Avalon. But really all we really know that it can negate a lethal attack just once, but what that could be is literally everything

anywhere than here

Hmmm. Saber needed Luck A and Instinct A to turn a fatal strike into "only" a serious one... George's Luck is higher, but his Instinct is quite a bit lower - and he seems to be geared more toward tanking hits than parrying or evading them. I don't think he'd lose his heart, but I do think the end result would be a more serious injury than the one Saber received (unless George uses the horse, of course).

Anyway, if it comes down to a straight-up war of attrition, I agree that George would win by virtue of being tankier, but if Cú Chulainn takes full advantage of his hit-and-run kit (something which he doesn't tend to do, admittedly), I'd say he would win.

US Friend Code
    Hmmm. Saber needed Luck A and Instinct A to turn a fatal strike into "only" a serious one... George's Luck is higher, but his Instinct is quite a bit lower - and he seems to be geared more toward tanking hits than parrying or evading them. I don't think he'd lose his heart, but I do think the end result would be a more serious injury than the one Saber received (unless George uses the horse, of course).

Anyway, if it comes down to a straight-up war of attrition, I agree that George would win by virtue of being tankier, but if Cú Chulainn takes full advantage of his hit-and-run kit (something which he doesn't tend to do, admittedly), I'd say he would win.
    When Saber survived Gae Bolg she didn't have A rank luck, it was B.

- - - Updated - - -

Also his instinct is lower because it's purely defensive focused, in that if it's not for defense his instinct doesn't buzz

anywhere than here

Oh, I see. Hmmm, so Cú Chulainn's trump card can't take George out in a single hit, but George can still use his trump card. Yeah, if Cú Chulainn doesn't make it into a one-man guerilla war, I don't see him winning.

US Friend Code
    Oh, I see. Hmmm, so Cú Chulainn's trump card can't take George out in a single hit, but George can still use his trump card. Yeah, if Cú Chulainn doesn't make it into a one-man guerilla war, I don't see him winning.
    The problem I'm seeing with a guerrilla war is Georges BC really, even if taking in account Gae Bolg's no healing property thanks to that skill you can't really decrease the battle power of George since no matter how injured he is it would seem like he would still be fighting at top condition. Not saying it can't be done but it would be exponentially harder to do then it would normally be.

anywhere than here

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hitomi Uzaki (Killing Bites) versus Beowulf. Hitomi is in Origin Beast mode (the form she used when fighting Pangolin).

And for the sake of the fight, let's just say that being a Therianthrope gives Hitomi mystery, which lets her attacks harm Beo.

Cloud Strife w/summons vs Arturia w/Rin as master. Resposted because I'm curious.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Final Fantasy characters summon god-dragons and shit pretty regularly. It's pretty obvious where this goes.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    The only two I can think of who would beat cloud would be arc and Gil. I say that because f7 summons are functionally reality marbles so plausibly anyone who could kill an RM would have a shot. Anyone who couldn’t do so would face a planet killing attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Eh, Advent Children showed Cloud at his strongest (except for the lack of Materia), and I think a strong Servant would take him.

Eh, Advent Children showed Cloud at his strongest (except for the lack of Materia), and I think a strong Servant would take him.
    Except it was noted everyone was weaker. Likewise, Cloud was being weakened by geo stigma.

It was like a sick cancer patient decided to spend the rest of their days fighting against giant dragons and one wing angels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    The only two I can think of who would beat cloud would be arc and Gil. I say that because f7 summons are functionally reality marbles so plausibly anyone who could kill an RM would have a shot. Anyone who couldn’t do so would face a planet killing attack.
    You just made me realize that FF7 had literally zero lore about summons, which is kind of weird given how much focus they got in all the previous and subsequent games. It's like they're just there because Final Fantasy is supposed to have summons.