Page 5944 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 494454445844589459345939594259435944594559465949595459946044 ... LastLast
Results 118,861 to 118,880 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Gilgamesh skewers him. Thanos' piercing resistance is iffy and he's far too slow to compete.
    I'm thinking that someone who can tank everything the GotG, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man and the Avengers threw at him is far from having an "iffy" piercing resistance, and someone who can beat Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, and Captain America in hand-to-hand is far from being "too slow".

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I'm thinking that someone who can tank everything the GotG, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man and the Avengers threw at him is far from having an "iffy" piercing resistance, and someone who can beat Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, and Captain America in hand-to-hand is far from being "too slow".
    Yeah, and that's assuming he doesn't use the Space Stone to warp the projectiles away from him, or Reality to turn them all into bubbles. I still think Gil could probably win, but only if he used the more esoteric powers of the Noble Phantasms in his arsenal (there's got to be something he could use to get the gauntlet off Thanos' hand, for instance) instead of trying to overwhelm Thanos with raw firepower.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    None of those heroes actually use bladed weapons of any kind. Marvel apparently doesn't like their heroes stabbing people. I wonder why.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    None of those heroes actually use bladed weapons of any kind. Marvel apparently doesn't like their heroes stabbing people. I wonder why.
    Well, Iron Man tried to stab Thanos with a nanomachine blade made from his suit. Didn't connect though, so who knows how effective it would've been. Also, Black Panther totally uses his claws to fight, what are you talking about?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Iron Man scratched Thanos with a nanomachine arm blade, Drax uses daggers, Black Panther has vibranium claws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Iron Man scratched Thanos with a nanomachine arm blade, Drax uses daggers, Black Panther has vibranium claws.
    Pretty much what I said, though I forgot about Drax's daggers.

Well, comics and their spin-offs are hardly what we'd call realistic, but I still say that a skin tough enough to tank laser beams and concussive force capable of pulverising steel isn't going to be easily-pierced.

Well, comics and their spin-offs are hardly what we'd call realistic, but I still say that a skin tough enough to tank laser beams and concussive force capable of pulverising steel isn't going to be easily-pierced.
    You think that, but comics have this odd split durability.

Spiderman can withstand hits from the hulk, a Phoenix force enhanced Colossus, and even the shockwave of a large missile, but try and stab him and he'll cut just like a normal person.

Like I said, I know they aren't realistic (you see it with Wonder Woman, too, who in the Golden Age could withstand superpowered punches but still had to deflect bullets with her bracelets), but in the absence of explicit evidence of Thanos being somehow more vulnerable to piercing / slashing attacks, I don't think it's fair to assume he's more vulnerable to those attack types.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    iron man scratches thanos and thor spikes out his heart but you never see him bruise from blunt force, thanos confirmed weaker to slash/pierce damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

manga often has that sort of low durability against cuts. first noticed it in fairy tail

I mean, there is the axe Thor throws

but thats probably more the force behind that thing than its cutting edge blade

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    iron man scratches thanos and thor spikes out his heart but you never see him bruise from blunt force, thanos confirmed weaker to slash/pierce damage
    Thanos has the Gomu Gomu no Mi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I mean, there is the axe Thor throwsbut thats probably more the force behind that thing than its cutting edge blade
    That, and Stormbreaker was hyped as the ultimate Thanos-killing weapon. Now, if Drax, Nebula or Gamora had done the same with their blades, I'd have agreed.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; August 18th, 2018 at 06:42 PM.

Why Doctor Strange didn't cut off Thanos' arm with portal magic is beyond me

Blog Entries
    Why Doctor Strange didn't cut off Thanos' arm with portal magic is beyond me
    The Space Stone probably gives him protection against spatial warping attacks. At least, that's why I'd assume.

When he's asleep?

Blog Entries
    When he's asleep?
    Don't see why not. It would explain the situation and isn't contradicted by anything in canon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Gamora and Loki both seemed to believe they could kill Thanos with knives and he chose to defend against Iron Man's knife despite knowing Tony can't really hurt him.

Even if you ignore those instances and Stormbreaker, the only piercing resistance feats for Thanos are tanking bullets and Drax's knives. So he lacks feats to survive anyway.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Don't see why not. It would explain the situation and isn't contradicted by anything in canon.
    There's the fact that to use the stones he has to clench his fist.