Page 5945 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 494554455845589559355940594359445945594659475950595559956045 ... LastLast
Results 118,881 to 118,900 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The Space Stone probably gives him protection against spatial warping attacks. At least, that's why I'd assume.
    The stones have no passive abilities in the MCU and need to be activated so that wouldn't be enough. But he'd probably just destroy the portal with the reality gem. Also I think the writers have made comments that suggesr the group wouldn't have beaten him even if they removed the gauntlet and Strange would've known that.

EDIT: If the question was why didn't they cut his hand off while he was held in place then there's really no answer unless Strange has a long term plan. Although it might just not work, portal chop worked on Cull but he's less durable.
    Last edited by 8000; August 18th, 2018 at 07:09 PM.

The Space Stone probably gives him protection against spatial warping attacks. At least, that's why I'd assume.
    With this kind of thought you can assume he has protection from Reality, do you think that sounds sensible?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    There's the fact that to use the stones he has to clench his fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    The stones have no passive abilities in the MCU and need to be activated so that wouldn't be enough. But he'd probably just destroy the portal with the reality gem. Also I think the writers have made comments that suggesr the group wouldn't have beaten him even if they removed the gauntlet and Strange would've known that.

EDIT: If the question was why didn't they cut his hand off while he was held in place then there's really no answer unless Strange has a long term plan. Although it might just not work, portal chop worked on Cull but he's less durable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    With this kind of thought you can assume he has protection from Reality, do you think that sounds sensible?
    Fair enough. I'll admit that line of reasoning doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

Still though, portal-cutting Thanos wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. Strange probably can't form a portal around an object directly, so he'd have to shove Thanos' arm into one, which would risk hurting Peter and Tony who were holding said arm in place. And trying to pull the same trick when Thanos was awake would almost certainly lead to him countering with the Space or Reality Stones.

And don't forget, the team came very close to prying off the gauntlet as is. It was only Peter losing his cool and attacking Thanos that ruined everything...

JP Friend Code
    Fair enough. Still though, portal-cutting Thanos wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. Strange probably can't form a portal around an object directly, so he'd have to shove Thanos' arm into one, which would risk hurting Peter and Tony who were holding said arm in place. And trying to pull the same trick when Thanos was awake would almost certainly lead to him countering with the Space or Reality Stones.
    He can make the portals move.

Blog Entries
    He can make the portals move.
    I just thought of that after writing my post. Still, wouldn't that be just as dangerous to Peter and Tony as trying to shove Thanos' hand into one?

JP Friend Code
    I just thought of that after writing my post. Still, wouldn't that be just as dangerous to Peter and Tony as trying to shove Thanos' hand into one?
    No. They could just hold him till the last second then jump. Also if portal chop is considered as an option they should've made a plan to use it.

Blog Entries
    No. They could just hold him till the last second then jump. Also if portal chop is considered as an option they should've made a plan to use it.
    Presumably at least some of the possible futures Strange explored in his vision did involve trying to portal-cut Thanos. As for why that didn't work, you'd have to ask Strange himself. (Or not, given the ending)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Gamora and Loki both seemed to believe they could kill Thanos with knives [...]
    Sure, and Gamora especially would probably know, but that was before he got the Power gem.

[...] the only piercing resistance feats for Thanos are tanking bullets and Drax's knives. So he lacks feats to survive anyway.
    Reminder that even MCU!Drax is hella strong, and even with Stormbreaker embedded in his chest Thanos still had enough strength and awareness to use the gems.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Sure, and Gamora especially would probably know, but that was before he got the Power gem.

Reminder that even MCU!Drax is hella strong, and even with Stormbreaker embedded in his chest Thanos still had enough strength and awareness to use the gems.
    He already had the Power gem, but the gems don't amp his durability.

Drax's strength doesn't matter if there's no evidence his knives are especially strong. Stormbreaker had to go through the gauntlet blast before it hit Thanos, he wouldn't have taken anywhere near the full force of the throw.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    He already had the Power gem, but the gems don't amp his durability.
    Sure they do - or rather, the Power gem, at least, does. We saw it with Ronan, for instance.

Drax's strength doesn't matter if there's no evidence his knives are especially strong.
    ...Physics and biology don't work that way.

Stormbreaker had to go through the gauntlet blast before it hit Thanos, he wouldn't have taken anywhere near the full force of the throw.
    Perhaps. Why do you think, then, Gate of Babylon's barrage would hit Thanos at full force, if it even does hit?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Why Doctor Strange didn't cut off Thanos' arm with portal magic is beyond me
    I wondered that as I walked out of the theater.

it's all part of dr. strange's master plan
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Sure they do - or rather, the Power gem, at least, does. We saw it with Ronan, for instance.
    Thanos doesn't use the Power Gem the way Ronan did, but none of this matters, he had the Power Gem the whole movie.
    ...Physics and biology don't work that way.
    If the knife isn't made of sufficient material it'll just break.

Perhaps. Why do you think, then, Gate of Babylon's barrage would hit Thanos at full force, if it even does hit?
    He's not fast enough to react to them and Gil can fire them from all angles.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

Has to be. Strange saw the future, but somehow missed Mantis fucking up because Gamorah died. Even Tony saw that trainwreck coming a mile away.

Has Buzzcola vs Kerry been done yet?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Has Buzzcola vs Kerry been done yet?
    what does buzzcola get?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Scathath vs Chiron, who is the best teacher?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    what does buzzcola get?
    sprites

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatchar View Post
    Scathath vs Chiron, who is the best teacher?
    probably chiron

like, chiron is theory based and sca is bit of a hardcore practical

chiron will make you sit and listen to lecture and then go training so you got better
    scathach will try to kill you and if you survive you got better

id take the less deadly course for my tuition
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    what does buzzcola get?
    He's got a sidearm with anti-magecraft bullets or whatever, right?
    Kerry gets the usual I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

Seems so far Dr Strange's master plan comes down to a coin toss of whether or not captain marvel lives
    unless that finger snap wasn't actually random

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    probably chiron

like, chiron is theory based and sca is bit of a hardcore practical

chiron will make you sit and listen to lecture and then go training so you got better
    scathach will try to kill you and if you survive you got better

id take the less deadly course for my tuition
    It's the other way round, I thought. We saw Chiron's practice regime for Achilles and it was basically "yo kid try and dodge ten thousand arrows in this cave, ahahaha, what do you mean you'll die, you silly fool, you're immortal, now get dancin'".
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP