Page 6254 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 525457546154620462446249625262536254625562566259626463046354 ... LastLast
Results 125,061 to 125,080 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber Diarmuid runs the Swordmasters gauntlet in Shimosa. How does he do?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Saber Diarmuid runs the Swordmasters gauntlet in Shimosa. How does he do?
    Any info on how Moralltach's "certain victory" effect works yet?

Blog Entries
    Richard , Hassans, and Ozy tag team agaisnt the Lion King and her roundtable. I just wanted know if the real Richard would make any difference in the Camelot singularity

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Any info on how Moralltach's "certain victory" effect works yet?
    Moralltach: Surging Seas of Fury
    Type: Anti-Personnel
    Range: 1~20
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1 person

If one were to nominate the most powerful armament among the many armaments Diarmuid Ua Duibhne handles, it could be none other than this fearsome magic sword. Bringing certain death in one blow; bringing certain victory on the first strike. This unsheathed magic sword bestows certain victory to Diarmuid and brings about defeat and death to his opponent.

This sword, as if it can manipulate even fate, was gifted to him by Manannán[1], who was to the Celts the God of the Sea and the Otherworld. Manannán was surely the deity who bestowed Noble Phantasms such as Fragarach to the Sun God Lugh and an existence who owned and offered Noble Phantasms in great numbers.

After making use of a super jump that goes beyond human understanding, which became apparent due to his materialization in the Saber Class, he executes a falling attack at the moment of its True Name release. At this occasion, Moralltach becomes three blades – resembling even the “legs of the god Manannán” that were spoken of in legends – and cuts the opponent to pieces.

According to anecdotes, it is said that Diarmuid would carry the magic sword Moralltach and the magic spear Gáe Dearg when betaking himself to adventures where life and death truly hung in the balance, and in cases where he judged the danger of the trip to be little, he would take the magic sword Beagalltach and the magic spear Gáe Buidhe.

————When Diarmuid died, the equipment he had been carrying was the latter set. If he went into the mountains with the former set of equipment, the demon boar would have been killed, and it might go without saying that he would have lived a long life.
    From Clyton's TL.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    Richard , Hassans, and Ozy tag team agaisnt the Lion King and her roundtable. I just wanted know if the real Richard would make any difference in the Camelot singularity
    I don't think Richard can replace Sanzang, or Arash.

Protection of Faith doesn’t like make swords and ect bounce off you, it’s mental protection in the end so. Plus we are talking about a Noble Phantasm.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Protection of Faith doesn’t like make swords and ect bounce off you, it’s mental protection in the end so. Plus we are talking about a Noble Phantasm.
    Description does say it's an absoluteness of the body and soul, so it might have some physical effects too. But that aspect is kind of vague and it's obviously not to the extent of making attacks bounce off harmlessly.

- - - Updated - - -

From Clyton's TL.
    So still pretty vague then. Makes it kind of hard to put him in versus battles.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Description does say it's an absoluteness of the body and soul, so it might have some physical effects too. But that aspect is kind of vague and it's obviously not to the extent of making attacks bounce off harmlessly.
    Absoluteness in body is about making the body resistant to change. The most explicit example is from the goddess divine core skill e.g. the parvati can't get fat meme
    Goddess' Divine Core: B
    A Skill representing one's status as a goddess perfected since birth.
    Has the effect of preserving the absoluteness of mind and body. Repels most mental interference, halts body growth, and no matter how much calorie she consumed, her figure does not change.
    Due to her being a pseudo-Servant, the rank stopped at B.
    But who cares about that anyway.
    Her figure! Does not! Change!
    Either way, what just came to mind is the possibility that protection of faith in Extra!Vlad seals Innocent Monster and its physical transformations to an extent? Like, if you were to break his faith his Saint Graph might transform.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Either way, what just came to mind is the possibility that protection of faith in Extra!Vlad seals Innocent Monster and its physical transformations to an extent? Like, if you were to break his faith his Saint Graph might transform.
    I really is a weird set of skills, huh.

I kinda wanna see Exta!Dracula now.

Blog Entries
    Parvati can’t get fat? So she does have a difference between her and Sakura then. No cankles
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I feel like if Diarmuid tried to use Moraltach on Tomoe she'd shoot his manwhore face with her B-rank fidelity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    The Lion King is basically invincible to everyone in the singularity except King Hassan and maybe Sanzang. So I'd say their chances are approximately zero.

[QUOTE=RoydGolden;3043821

So still pretty vague then. Makes it kind of hard to put him in versus battles.[/QUOTE]

Well, going by the text, it's basically his mana-burst jump + Tsubame Gaeshi except he's not skilled enough to pull of a technique with the effect, the sword does it for him. So he's basically inferior Kojirou.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Absoluteness in body is about making the body resistant to change. The most explicit example is from the goddess divine core skill e.g. the parvati can't get fat meme

This isn't the whole story. It obviously can't be super battle-continuation + super-Bravery.

"Aegis of the Divine [A+++]
    An ability bestowed upon those who have sacrificed themselves for what they believe to be greater good. Although obstinately a form of divine protection, it does not necessarily mean that one has received the blessing of the gods. Instead, it is a manifestation of one's absolute faith and self-righteousness...

However, the more powerful this ability becomes, the more detrimental the effect it has on a person's sanity and personality."

On divinity "It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig."

Odds are that POTF is both having a tough body, and pretty much "Ha, I can undo any damage you do to me." to an extent(Unlimited Lost Works disabled Extra Vlad in one attack). Divine core isn't the only comparison, Saver's hax ability has similar mechanics. It's body effects aren't limited to simply keeping good looks.

I imagine divinity going through POTF is less purge defense/Ploy defense style stuff and more I believe I have the power of anime and god on my side vs I actually have the power of god and anime on my side.

Beast Tiamat vs Beast Mara.

Blog Entries
    The one with firm stance.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    Beast Tiamat vs Beast Mara.
    Tiamat spreads chaos tide and consumes Mara's dimension and her clones, if possible. Kama will die eventually or nothing happens.

JP Friend Code
    Tiamat was a whole Beast

Kama-Mara was only half a Beast

1 > 0.5

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber Lancelot goes up against the Heroic Spirit Swordmasters in Shimosa. How does he fare vs them?

Saber Lancelot goes up against the Heroic Spirit Swordmasters in Shimosa. How does he fare vs them?
    Considering they're immortal and Lancelot can't counter their hax, terribly. Though in all seriousness, with the servants themselves, Lancelot makes it up to either Raiko, Yagyu, and Kojiro. I say makes it up as in these are the only ones that have a closer fight. Lancelot VS Kojiro would be particularly interesting.