Page 5649 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4649514955495599563956445647564856495650565156545659569957496149 ... LastLast
Results 112,961 to 112,980 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    That sounds stretching it.
    It's not, because True divine spirits (just another way of saying kamigami that I made up) are beyond servants and divine spirits in the first place. Tiamat is an example of "just because you have this super anti-god thing it doesn't mean that thing will work on your target. Why? because your target is a super duper god". And reminder that Nobu's RM is FIRE EVERYWHERE. Beat the fire and you win, simple as that. And considering God Quetz's power, the RM shouldn't be a problem at all.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Remember Tiamat breaking out of the chain of heaven? It's simple as that.
    Was Tiamat even a full Divine Spirit when we faced her? She seemed like she part monster but maybe that's just my impression.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Was Tiamat even a full Divine Spirit when we faced her? She seemed like she part monster but maybe that's just my impression.
    She only obtained "body of god" after dropping down the underworld. Prior to that she's just a divinity. And just because she looks like a monster doesn't mean she is part monster. There are alot of deities across many religions and fictions that look like something came out of Lovecraft stories.

US Friend Code
    It's not, because True divine spirits (just another way of saying kamigami that I made up) are beyond servants and divine spirits in the first place. Tiamat is an example of "just because you have this super anti-god thing it doesn't mean that thing will work on your target. Why? because your target is a super duper god". And reminder that Nobu's RM is FIRE EVERYWHERE. Beat the fire and you win, simple as that. And considering God Quetz's power, the RM shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Nobu's NP is just fire yes, but in the description it states that those with Tons of Mystery have trouble even existing in the space. No matter how it looks that's not just gonna leave some measly burns. Also is it fair on putting Quertz on the level of Tiamat? Quertz is hella strong but I always thought Tiamat was on a level above even that, but if I'm misunderstanding then if you clear that up for me that would be nice.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Nobu's NP is just fire yes, but in the description it states that those with Tons of Mystery have trouble even existing in the space.
    You do realize that's poetic expression right? Just like many NPs out there with hyped statements. And to add more to the vagueness, we don't know if that statement is applied to non-servants or just servants. Taking it as face value is not something I would agree with when we yet to even see an actual case of it being used on a target where it shows peak power. That's like saying Vasavi Shakti will surely destroy all kind of kamigami because the NP is "stated to be able to kill kamigami" when we've never seen it being used on a kamigami b4.

No matter how it looks that's not just gonna leave some measly burns.
    It's simple. Both Nobu and the enemy is trapped inside the RM and the fire will burn both. The fire will get stronger the higher mystery/divinity the target is. That is assuming the target has no way to counter or mitigate that, or just stand there and take the burn. As long as you have a way to nullify the flame (being a flame god works imo) or destroy the RM, or 1shot Nobu,...etc, you win. And considering kamigami, who fought with those like Titan Sefar, crushing a mere servant like Nobu is easy (unless the said god has no combat power ofc)

Also is it fair on putting Quertz on the level of Tiamat? Quertz is hella strong but I always thought Tiamat was on a level above even that, but if I'm misunderstanding then if you clear that up for me that would be nice.
    I did not put Quetz on Tiamat level. I literally just said that it is an example of just because you have anti X doesn't mean it will be a trouble for X when you use it on X.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; December 13th, 2017 at 08:31 AM.

US Friend Code
    You do realize that's poetic expression right? Just like many NPs out there with hyped statements. Taking it as face value is not something I would agree with when we yet to even see an actual case of it being used on a target where it shows peak power. That's like saying Vasavi Shakti will surely destroy all kind of kamigami because the NP is "stated to be able to kill kamigami" when we've never seen it being used on a kamigami b4.

That's not a poetic expression but the actual example of the effects it gives us. The poetic expression it gives us would be the" turns her into a being with absolute power over those with Divinity and Mystery". That phrase I gave you was the actual example it gave against opponents with Divinity.

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Y know, i would actually understand what you meant better if you said kamigami instead of true divine spirits to begin with

And its shorter to type to boot!

Anyway, its still stretching it. You can be a true divine spirit or kamigami or whatever and can still be weak as fuck, like the Gorgon twins

Being a kamigami isnt the prerequisite to shrug off dairokutenmaou, being a strong one is.
    Last edited by castor212; December 13th, 2017 at 09:23 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    That's not a poetic expression but the actual example of the effects it gives us. The poetic expression it gives us would be the" turns her into a being with absolute power over those with Divinity and Mystery". That phrase I gave you was the actual example it gave against opponents with Divinity.
    If you get burned by the fire too much without doing anything about it obviously you will struggle to stay alive, duh. "Being burned by fire that gets more intense and painful the more your mystery/divinity is" is the effect, "struggle to stay alive (or dead) cuz you got burned so badly" is the result. You got it backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, its still stretching it. You can be a true divine spirit or kamigami or whatever and can still be weak as fuck, like the Gorgon twins

Being a kamigami isnt the prerequisite to shrug off dairokutenmaou, being a strong one is.
    Gorgon twins are not kamigami. The kamigami are embodiment of the world, of nature or aliens dated back before Sefar arrives. Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    And considering kamigami, who fought with those like Titan Sefar, crushing a mere servant like Nobu is easy (unless the said god has no combat power ofc)
    And like I said, you just need a way to counter the flame, be it fire immunity, super defense/resistance, you name it.

US Friend Code

I think what mizu's trying to say is that if youre literally badass enough even when your enemy has advantageous correction youd still pound.

Like how Gil and Karna is badass enough to match Tenka Fubu, a kamigami who is badass enough can win against Burning Temple
    I get that, but i can't be satisfied with an answer like that. I can understand Gil if it's because of GoB, i can undertand Karna if it's because of his Armor and willpower, I can evem understand God Quertz if you give me something like her authority as the reason, but if you were to say it's just because they just can and that it's perfectly natural, that type of answer irritates me to no end.

- - - Updated - - -

Also when was it stated that Quertz faught Sefer? That's the first time I'm hearing it.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Who ever said Quetz fought Sefar in the first place???

US Friend Code
    If you get burned by the fire too much without doing anything about it obviously you will struggle to stay alive, duh. "Being burned by fire that gets more intense and painful the more your mystery/divinity is" is the effect, "struggle to stay alive (or dead) cuz you got burned so badly" is the result. You got it backwards.
    There's nothing stating they are actually being touched by the fire, the description says in It's space, in other words staying inside the RM. There's nothing in it that states it's because of the flames, but just the effects one feels by just being in the RM.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    The gorgons were an embodiment human yearning hearts that manifested before Sefar aliens arrives.

Sure they arent nature manifested but they still count as kamigami. Davinci back in babylpn said that kamigami are concept personified, mostly but not necessarily concept of nature. Gilgamesh matrix also said that those born from human deification counts as kamigami.

Anyway my point is that you cant really say for sure all kamigami is strong as fuck.
    Last edited by castor212; December 13th, 2017 at 09:51 AM.

US Friend Code
    Who ever said Quetz fought Sefar in the first place???
    That's just my confusion by me reading your post to fast because you just equated Quertz with Gods in general then compared it how they fought Sefar, which I do think it's too broad of a statement since the fight with Sefar was one of compatibility and most got smashed with little effort.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    There's nothing stating they are actually being touched by the fire, the description says in It's space, in other words staying inside the RM. There's nothing in it that states it's because of the flames, but just the effects one feels by just being in the RM.
    You should reread swimsuit Nobu's profile. It clearly stated that the NP burns away both Nobu and the enemy. The fact that BOTH Nobu and the enemy is BURNED by the RM already proved that the flame is the cause. Nobu burned down temples and pagodas in history, only to die in a burning Buddhist temple by the end, such is the irony of karma catching up to Nobu portrayed through the RM.

- - - Updated - - -

The gorgons were an embodiment human yearning hearts that manifested before Sefar aliens arrives.
    Citation needed. For all we know they belong to the 2nd category of deities that Gil mentioned in CCC, which is after Sefar.

Sure they arent nature manifested but they still count as kamigami. Davinci back in babylpn said that kamigami are concept personified, mostly but not necessarily concept of nature.
    Go reread Solomon temple. Stheno basically said nature with the kamigami furigana, just like Tamamo did in Extella.
    Anyway my point is that you cant really say for sure all kamigami is strong as fuck.
    Do I have to repeat this until you got the point? It's the same as yours, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    And considering kamigami, who fought with those like Titan Sefar, crushing a mere servant like Nobu is easy (unless the said god has no combat power ofc)

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh still calls the second type as kamigami 神々

And stheno remember how Altera looked 14k year ago, so at the very least that means she came to be before that, before sefar.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh stheno calling nature kamigami does not deny other non nature concept being kamigami as well tho

Like, Da Vinci said concept, not specifically nature. If only nature can be kamigami then thered be no love god.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have to repeat this until you got the point? It's the same as yours, buddy.
    I know. Im just saying your original post, "true divine spirits shrugoff RM", is misleading, which is why i called it stretching it.
    Last edited by castor212; December 13th, 2017 at 10:02 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Gilgamesh still calls the second type as kamigami 神々
    You do realize that he also calls them shinrei right? "Interchangable terms until semantic matters" rule applies here.
    And stheno remember how Altera looked 14k year ago, so surely that means she came to be before that, before sefar.
    No? She only said Altera is the trauma of the Olympian gods, the titan of destruction from outer space. And using the fact that she knew about Altera as proof of her being around that time is quite shaky, even Quetz knew about the great extinction incident, are you telling me she's 100% from back then too?

- - - Updated - - -

Like, Da Vinci said concept, not specifically nature. If only nature can be kamigami then thered be no love god.
    Uh..dude...love is one of the most nature thing lol.

US Friend Code
    You should reread swimsuit Nobu's profile. It clearly stated that the NP burns away both Nobu and the enemy. The fact that BOTH Nobu and the enemy is BURNED by the RM already proved that the flame is the cause. Nobu burned down temples and pagodas in history, only to die in a burning Buddhist temple by the end, such is the irony of karma catching up to Nobu portrayed through the RM.

The RM is doing the burning yes, but the flames and the RM are the same thing. It's not that the RMs ability is that it produces flames that hurt divinity, it is an RM that is the fear held towards Nobu after death materialized as a burning hell. Flames aren't a byproduct of the RM, it is the RM. So the effect is has on you is gonna be the same whether Nobu hits you with flames as a Berserker or brings you into the hell as an Archer.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Actually on that specific scene of kamigami explanation gilgamesh never use shinrei, only kamigami. Tho this one is a cmiiw cuz its been a while since i play that scene.

Dont forget that stheno can compare current HS altera with how she was 14k year ago
    Thats kinda hard to do if you dont know how she was 14k years ago.

And Stheno also said while Medusa has forgotten, she and euryale "remembers" scene of 14k years ago. They can only remember stuffs 14k years ago if they were there 14k years ago.

Love and yearning isnt that far off.
    If personification of love can be kamigami then personification of yearning can be kamigami too.
    Last edited by castor212; December 13th, 2017 at 10:25 AM.

JP Friend Code
    The RM is doing the burning yes, but the flames and the RM are the same thing. It's not that the RMs ability is that it produces flames that hurt divinity, it is an RM that is the fear held towards Nobu after death materialized as a burning hell. Flames aren't a byproduct of the RM, it is the RM.
    Which means if you manage to resist the flame, you resist the RM -> my point about resisting the flame from the very beginning.

Blog Entries
    And this is off tangent but i wish it was 12k instead of 14k years ago

Couldve pulled ICHIMANNEN TO NISENNEN MAE KARA AISHITERU each time