Page 5932 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 493254325832588259225927593059315932593359345937594259826032 ... LastLast
Results 118,621 to 118,640 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm only really starting Jojo now, but I don't think not causing environmental damage means they aren't that fast. The damage caused by super speed is rarely shown in fiction.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    I'm only really starting Jojo now, but I don't think not causing environmental damage means they aren't that fast. The damage caused by super speed is rarely shown in fiction.
    Very true. It's just that the only quantified speed for a Power-type Stand in JoJo, at least in the original universe, is 300 km/hr per punch. Fast, but not light speed. Admittedly, the person in question admits this likely isn't his top speed. Honestly, just the idea that people can survive barrages of FTL punches kind of ruins my suspension of disbelief a little. Just based on pure visuals, I'd say their speed is typically on par with that of Servants, with variations case by case.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't there some mention in databooks of stands being FTL? It seems like most battles depend on your opinion of that. And starting distance.
    I'd always take things like databooks with a massive grain of salt.

There's only one Stand I'd consider to be truly FTL and even that's only the final end result of its power.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I'd always take things like databooks with a massive grain of salt.

There's only one Stand I'd consider to be truly FTL and even that's only the final end result of its power.
    Word. The same goes with most Stand stats in general. They don't indicate much in the way of actual rankings, unlike Servant stats. Also, that particular Stand is the only one with an actually indicative speed stat of EX or infinite.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I don't know how far you are into Jojo, but Stands in later Parts have some ridiculous power, as in Stands created solely to wipe out humanity and/or the Earth.
    Extremely. As in, I'm at the latest scanlated JoJolion chapter.
    And yes, sure, Made In Heaven, for example, is technically more powerful than, say, Vasavi Shakti, but if Karna nukes the area there's nothing Pucci can do.

祖 Ancestor
    We've been given clear evidence of FTL stands through Silver Chariot and databook statements.

Even Joseph, Caesar and Kars were reacting to UV light rays in Battle tendency.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    We've been given clear evidence of FTL stands through Silver Chariot and databook statements.

Even Joseph, Caesar and Kars were reacting to UV light rays in Battle tendency.
    Again, already addressed this. The Hanged Man fight wasn't FTL. He simply restricted Hanged Man's path and predicted his trajectory. Also, what do you mean Joseph, Caesar, and Kars reacted to UV light in BT? Space Ripper Stingy Eyes isn't light, but vampiric essence, and I'm not sure about the other two.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Again, already addressed this. The Hanged Man fight wasn't FTL. He simply restricted Hanged Man's path and predicted his trajectory.
    Even if he could predict where the Hanged Man was going, his speed would need to be tremendous as the hanged man was already in motion before SC struck.

Also, what do you mean Joseph, Caesar, and Kars reacted to UV light in BT? Space Ripper Stingy Eyes isn't light, but vampiric essence, and I'm not sure about the other two.
    Has nothing to do with vampires. It's the Aja stone that directs sun light and Stroheim's UV lasers. The three I mentioned reacted to and dodged them. Remember Stroheim is actually technology and sunlight was the most effective weapon against the pillar men
    Last edited by Ronove; August 13th, 2018 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Even if he could predict where the Hanged Man was going, his speed would need to be tremendous as the hanged man was already in motion before SC struck.

Has nothing to do with vampires. It's the Aja stone that directs sun light and Stroheim's UV lasers. The three I mentioned reacted to and dodged them. Remember Stroheim is actually technology and sunlight was the most effective weapon against the pillar men, which is why Hamon was effective.
    For the first part, I'm not denying Polnareff is fast as hell, but not necessarily lightspeed considering how he did it.

As for the second part, yeah I got you. Then again, this sort of ties into my whole complaint about JoJo speed. The feats are too inconsistent to actually measure and compare with other series or even internally.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I hate this acronym, but lol at trying to make sense of JoJo physics.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I hate this acronym, but lol at trying to make sense of JoJo physics.
    Yes. It really makes writing fanfics difficult. Especially in regards to scaling it to other series or trying to scale Parts I and II to Parts III and beyond.

EDIT: Speaking of JoJo, how would Stone Mask vampires scale against Dead Apostles or in the DA hierarchy?
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; August 13th, 2018 at 04:22 PM.

Arjuna vs Scathach

JP Friend Code
    Scathach falls to Gandiva. Hard to argue otherwise without extrapolating heavily on what her runes can do.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Speaking of JoJo, how would Stone Mask vampires scale against Dead Apostles or in the DA hierarchy?
    Phantom Blood vampires are fodder to Dead Apostle Ancestors if Lester is any indication (haven't read Tsuki yet), they are vastly outclassed in speed. Dunno about standard DAs.

Scathach falls to Gandiva. Hard to argue otherwise without extrapolating heavily on what her runes can do.
    Personally, i think Arjuna has better chance to win but in America singulary Cualter said he is no match to her (?)...

Let assume her fire/ice/something Rune magic can match Arjuna's Prana Burst, can Arjuna beat her?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    when did she fall to gandiva

is this Link thing
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    when did she fall to gandiva

is this Link thing
    No that's just his opinion. Really I don't think it be that easy since her Wisdom skill would give her all the abilties to evade the bow. Like Protection of Arrows. If not she could just parry arrows with a spear or 5.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    No that's just his opinion. Really I don't think it be that easy since her Wisdom skill would give her all the abilties to evade the bow. Like Protection of Arrows. If not she could just parry arrows with a spear or 5.
    Can Protection from Arrow affect Arjuna's arrow? based from Amerika CM, his Arrow can explode with pretty large area.

Is her spear strong enough? Idk how strong her normal trown Gae Bolg is but if we use her STR, she has B while Arjuna has A. Assuming she can boost her STR to A (like Cu), Arjuna can also boost his arrow with Prana Burst

Cu has transported caladbolg to a different dimension mid-flight and can make rune barriers that block high level NPs.

Scat should be able to do both

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Phantom Blood vampires are fodder to Dead Apostle Ancestors if Lester is any indication (haven't read Tsuki yet), they are vastly outclassed in speed. Dunno about standard DAs.
    do you perhaps mean jester?

yeah, Dead apostoles often come with some neat abilities of their own. if we are talking about just physical abilities, they are probably even or a bit higher than stone mask vampires

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatchar View Post
    Can Protection from Arrow affect Arjuna's arrow? based from Amerika CM, his Arrow can explode with pretty large area.

Is her spear strong enough? Idk how strong her normal trown Gae Bolg is but if we use her STR, she has B while Arjuna has A. Assuming she can boost her STR to A (like Cu), Arjuna can also boost his arrow with Prana Burst
    If it's a blast then she can offset it with Gae Bolg Alternative. As for STR, unless noted in the profile that is unnecessary for determining NP attack power. Since how strong your are rarely influences how big a bomb blows up. As for which is stronger, I don't know tho my guess roughly equal but thats what I think, maybe Agni Gandiva is superior?. As for Prana Burst. Arjuna mostly uses it to speed up his arrows which is useless against a skill like PoA. When actually using it to boost his attack you get Agni Gandvia
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    When did she give herself Protection from Arrows? The description for Wisdom says it can give her almost all skills, Protection from Arrows is a specific skill unique to Cu and Touta. I doubt she could get it.

Gandiva shots are more powerful than her Gae Bolg spam by feats unless she did something in Link.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Cu has transported caladbolg to a different dimension mid-flight and can make rune barriers that block high level NPs.

Scat should be able to do both

- - - Updated - - -

do you perhaps mean jester?

yeah, Dead apostoles often come with some neat abilities of their own. if we are talking about just physical abilities, they are probably even or a bit higher than stone mask vampires
    I wouldn't assume Scath can do everything Cu can.

I mean Jester yeah. And the physical gap isn't small at all, he literally kicked a water tower in the path of Alcides' arrow after it was fired. Jester doesn't believe he can beat Servants, but considering Gil could only barely catch those arrows, he seems to be faster than them. Phantom Blood characters are maybe slightly faster than eyesight, they don't register at that level. Kicking a water tower is also a better strength feat than any I can think for them. I don't know if Stone Mask vamps appear after part 2.