Page 5919 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 491954195819586959095914591759185919592059215924592959696019 ... LastLast
Results 118,361 to 118,380 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Comics are still the standard versions and source material, assuming it's the MCU versions by default would be like assuming we're using anime versions of Servants unless otherwise stated. The MCU versions aren't without inconsistencies either.

Also MCU Thanos would get pitifully stomped.

Blog Entries
    We do use the anime versions by default
    Nobody has read the VN here

Because then fate wins, and that's not fun.

Better to talk about all the ways Thanos fucks up the entire setting while staying on his chair, all accompanied by his shit eating grin.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Reminder that people like the Silver Surfer, Firelord, Captain Marvel and Drax the Destroyer actually have super-reflexes.
    "super reflexes" is a very broad term mate

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    How about he beats the tar out of people that have spider sense EX and can move at MFTL speed?

Anyway too fast to be tagged physically gets mind controlled assuming they don't just break their fists punching him. I have no idea what you expect them to do to someone who destroys planets as a side effect of fighting and casually defeats Thor and Silver Surfer, who would also solo every Servant.[/QUOTE]

servants have resisted petrification since FSN though.

anlot of them have anti-minfuck defenses and even those without it resisted Prellati's, which is on the same level as Merlin who mindfucked 4D Tiamat.

the only planet i know he destroyed as a side effect was against his son and the planet seemed really small to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    How about he beats the tar out of people that have spider sense EX and can move at MFTL speed?

moving from location A to location B at MFTL speed =/= fighting at MFTL speed.

especially when one uses a surf board, not his own body or just grabs on to a magical hammer

- - - Updated - - -

moving from location A to location B at MFTL speed =/= fighting at MFTL speed.

especially when one uses a surf board, not his own body or just grabs on to a magical hammer
    That he can snatch them while they move at those speeds means no servant will lay a hand on him unless he wants them to.

I mean, the fastest servant is like what? Mach 11? Bare minimum is that hes catching people moving 87,000 times faster than the fastest servant.

Even if Thanos can only move a fraction of that speed, he'll still be much faster than any servant in the history of fate excluding CCC, which is debatable.

Blog Entries
    Nah man Saber and Diarmuid were fighting at asymptotic light speed, Urobuchi saves the day again

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Nah man Saber and Diarmuid were fighting at asymptotic light speed, Urobuchi saves the day again
    Being real, if Thanos is in character than Fate wins because the flaw in Thanos' plans is always Thanos himself.

Dude hates winning.

JP Friend Code
    Being real, if Thanos is in character than Fate wins because the flaw in Thanos' plans is always Thanos himself.

Dude hates winning.
    This is only if it's some universe ending scheme where he gets omnipotence.

On the subject of Thanos' reflexes I don't believe him to be particularly fast. Powerhouses in comics neglect their speed often.

- - - Updated - - -

servants have resisted petrification since FSN though.
    Through magic resistance. Thanos doesn't use magic.

anlot of them have anti-minfuck defenses and even those without it resisted Prellati's, which is on the same level as Merlin who mindfucked 4D Tiamat.
    Thanos defeated Moondragon who has planet level telepathy. No Servant has shown mental resistance on that level.

the only planet i know he destroyed as a side effect was against his son and the planet seemed really small to me
    I'm not sure why you think it was small, it's not as if the artist would be able to show the planet in full scale. Regardless he also destroyed a planet while fighting Drax before he was resurrected and upgraded, and any planet is beyond the level of any Servant, the most powerful of which are country level at best.

Beta Ray Bill has also destroyed multiple planets and he was fodder to Thanos. Thanos is quite a bit beyond planet level.

Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    This is only if it's some universe ending scheme where he gets omnipotence.

On the subject of Thanos' reflexes I don't believe him to be particularly fast. Powerhouses in comics neglect their speed often.
    Yeah, but who wants to hear about his scheme to ruin a singular mans life by showing up every year at his birthday?

This is comics were talking about, give me some time and I'll find you a page showing Howard the duck handing galactus his ass on a platter.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I suppose you'll have to actually read the comics and judge for yourself, then. :-)

Beta Ray Bill has also destroyed multiple planets and he was fodder to Thanos. Thanos is quite a bit beyond planet level.
    Thanos beat up Beta Ray Bill, Kallark, Ronan the Accusar, and Quasar back to back with little to no effort. Would have likely creamed the Surfer had Adam not knocked him out for his own good.

JP Friend Code
    Thanos beat up Beta Ray Bill, Kallark, Ronan the Accusar, and Quasar back to back with little to no effort. Would have likely creamed the Surfer had Adam not knocked him out for his own good.
    Adam beat Quasar. The rest is correct.

That he can snatch them while they move at those speeds means no servant will lay a hand on him unless he wants them to.

I mean, the fastest servant is like what? Mach 11? Bare minimum is that hes catching people moving 87,000 times faster than the fastest servant.

Even if Thanos can only move a fraction of that speed, he'll still be much faster than any servant in the history of fate excluding CCC, which is debatable.

and Achilles' chariot is stated to move at light speed and chiron gives it the "lol nope" treatment.

and holmes and archimedes fire off light beams with nothing even hinting at them not being actual light and they are treated as fodder.

care to show me thanos shooting silver surfer or thor out of the air, mid flight?

- - - Updated - - -

Through magic resistance. Thanos doesn't use magic.

Thanos defeated Moondragon who has planet level telepathy. No Servant has shown mental resistance on that level.
    so stuff like cursing deadpool wasnt magic? could have fooled me.

Tiamat has infinite size. good luck getting the difference between that and planet. Kingprotea is also a universe level disaster and shouldnt be anywhere near Tiamat in power.

"servants are country level at most". pretty sure Enkidu greeting Gil was above country level.

and again, servants rely more often that not on hax.

i doubt thanos would beat an invisible melee durability negating and existence erasing guy like king hassan

- - - Updated - - -

and if you go ask comics explained, he will tell you that thanos is only olympic sprinter level in speed.

also, speed consistency in comics is a non existing concept. you can have a guy do a MFTL feat and the next second get hit by a bullet.

Code Break for example, had the main cast, at the start of the series, while near death, dodge multiple SoL attacks back to back on a regular basis, but they would still get screwed by a mach 1 guy

JP Friend Code
    so stuff like cursing deadpool wasnt magic? could have fooled me.
    I haven't read the issue in question. Thanos isn't normally depicted as magic based. There's a distinction between magic and general matter manipulation at least in Marvel.

Tiamat has infinite size. good luck getting the difference between that and planet. Kingprotea is also a universe level disaster and shouldnt be anywhere near Tiamat in power.
    Tiamat's size has nothing to do with mental resistance. She has no feats to be as powerful as Thanos to begin with. Where's the comparison between Kingprotea and Tiamat coming from? If Tiamat were universe level she should've willed her opposition out of existence regardless of how much she nerfed herself.
    "servants are country level at most". pretty sure Enkidu greeting Gil was above country level.
    It wasn't, at best Gil is capable of threatening a planet due to the nature of Ea but his actual output isn't close to that level. The space warping effect of Ea would do nothing to someone who survived black holes.

and again, servants rely more often that not on hax.
    None of their hax would actually affect Thanos unless you're going for NLF. His durability is beyond anything they've ever affected, and even Gae Bolg can be nullified by simple durability if it's high enough.

i doubt thanos would beat an invisible melee durability negating and existence erasing guy like king hassan
    We don't actually know how King Hassan's powers work and he can't damage someone who tanks planets getting destroyed.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Well, why not
    MCU is more consistent than the comics and quantitatively less silly
    Why should we bother trying to make sense of comic nonsense just because they came first
    Hahahah marvel comic has been roasted

- - - Updated - - -

How so, that guy can make a Primordial God mortal
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    How so, that guy can make a Primordial God mortal
    If you're talking about King Hassan vs Thanos, Tiamat is nowhere near as powerful as Thanos by feats and Thanos is already mortal so an attack like that would be pointless. Gramps couldn't kill Tiamat alone after mortalizing her.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Goddess Rhongomyniad vs Ivan the Terrible with his Mammoth
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    EMIYA versus Re:L Rayford (Akashic Records Of Bastard Magical Instructor)