Page 6053 of 6053 FirstFirst ... 505355535953600360436048605160526053
Results 121,041 to 121,054 of 121054

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

US Friend Code
    He didn't pass up everything, he's still Susunoo. From what I remember of the legend I got the feeling he passed of the duties that he didnt like though I'm unsure if I'm just adding my misconceptions to that
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    So what you're saying is that even a god of home life can be a retired badass? Seems like that would just lend support to Scáthach's hype. :-P Anyway, thanks for explaining about Susano-o, Mizukume! By the way, if he's passed on all his duties to his son, is he still worshipped as anything specific?
    Yes, he's still a storm and sea god, a god of heroes (because to ancient Japanese, you gotta be fierce like an oni to be a heroic figure)...etc. Hck his life story is basically a hero's story. Start as some brute, punished, became the hero of man, got the princess, changed to became good guy. In Shingon Buddhism he is the same as Gozu Tennou aka Indra aka Raikou's papa.

There were theories of him living in South Korea and the sword Kusanagi is symbolism for the arrival of Korean Peninsula's iron molding tech (in hindsight, Muramasa pulling it out in Shimousa chapter is pretty on point with this) and the defeat of Orochi is referencing the Battle of Baekgang, so he's also considered to partially be a blacksmith god, but let's not dive too far into that.

"ヴァレフォルちゃんはソロモンの魔神ですが、リリィ顔みたいですね?"
    "え?それは問題ない!Fateのアルトリア顔はより質悪い!"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I see. Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you, too, Iceblade!
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I'll try this once again, since nobody picked it up. Hansa Cervantes vs Rudol von Stroheim, the Holy Church's cyborg vs GERMAN SCIENCE IS NUMBER ONE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Now I'm picturing a perfectly loving and healthy Zouken and Shinji dining with Sakura while Shirou bangs on their window shouting. Shinji raises an eyebrow, then calmly tells Sakura, "We really have to do something about that guy, Sis."

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bedivere vs. Shutendouji
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Does Bedivere get his prosthetic arm?

Because if so, I'd say he might be able to clutch a victory.

Otherwise, I can't see him standing a chance.
    Last edited by Skull; January 21st, 2019 at 08:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He gets the laser arm that buffs him, shoots beams, and doesn't kill him.

- - - Updated - - -

Since he has a mental resistance skill I figured he wouldn't get instantly owned by Alcoholic Fruit, making it a more balanced match.
    Supports:

canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I'll try this once again, since nobody picked it up. Hansa Cervantes vs Rudol von Stroheim, the Holy Church's cyborg vs GERMAN SCIENCE IS NUMBER ONE!!!
    Remind me of Hansa's abilities, please.
    My fanfics:
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Marie vs. Medb, can she charm Medb's Good Looking Braves?

You can give Marie Sanson if she's screwed.
    Supports:

canon finish apo vol 3

Remind me of Hansa's abilities, please.
    From what I remember, he has Church-consecrated armaments throughout his body, such as black keys and missiles, he is highly skilled at Baji Quan (was trained by Dilo and Risei Kotomine, and he has a natural talent for fighting or something), and overall can keep up with a vampire like Jester.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Now I'm picturing a perfectly loving and healthy Zouken and Shinji dining with Sakura while Shirou bangs on their window shouting. Shinji raises an eyebrow, then calmly tells Sakura, "We really have to do something about that guy, Sis."

Well, the consecrated weaponry won't be much good against Stroheim, and Stroheim's body is supposedly capable of going toe-to-toe with Santana, who may be the weakest of the Pillar Men but is still much stronger than a regular JoJo vampire. That said, how strong is Jester, again? He didn't seem like a run-of-the-mill Dead Apostle, even if he's not Ancestor-level.
    My fanfics:

Well, the consecrated weaponry won't be much good against Stroheim, and Stroheim's body is supposedly capable of going toe-to-toe with Santana, who may be the weakest of the Pillar Men but is still much stronger than a regular JoJo vampire. That said, how strong is Jester, again? He didn't seem like a run-of-the-mill Dead Apostle, even if he's not Ancestor-level.
    The missiles definitely would though, and he probably has superior hand-to-hand skills. As for how strong Jester is, I cannot quantify, though I'd say in my gut that he may slightly edge out Straizo and Part 1 Dio, and both are stronger than average JJBA vampires.

JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Marie vs. Medb, can she charm Medb's Good Looking Braves?

You can give Marie Sanson if she's screwed.
    Medb is fine with yuri so a kiss should seal the deal.

"ヴァレフォルちゃんはソロモンの魔神ですが、リリィ顔みたいですね?"
    "え?それは問題ない!Fateのアルトリア顔はより質悪い!"

JP Friend Code
    Diarmuid vs Munenori (Both Saber and Lancer Dia get one round each)