Thread: Does anyone know the source of this?

Does anyone know the source of this?

The starting point of all events. It is considered the source of all existence, and the Akashic Records, which are said to encompass the beginning to the end of the world, are also a part of the Swirl of the Root.

US Friend Code
    When you ask the source of this, are you asking where that information is said, where the Akashic Records were first mentioned or where that image you posted is from?

I don't read japanese or know where that image is from, but this is something mentioned in most main Nasuverse works, starting from the oldest published work: Kara no Kyoukai, but also Tsukihime, Mahoyo, etc. It's also based on a real concept which you can easily learn more about by searching "Akashic Records".
    >How is the Counterforce so useless?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Because, as the embodiment of humanity's self-preservation instinct, it procrastinates until problems are too big to ignore but also too big to deal with easily and safely.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Oh hold on, is that saying "the Akashic Records that has recorded the world from beginning to end is also a part of the whirl of the root"? I thought they were the same thing until now

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disword View Post
    The starting point of all events. It is considered the source of all existence, and the Akashic Records, which are said to encompass the beginning to the end of the world, are also a part of the Swirl of the Root.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Oh hold on, is that saying "the Akashic Records that has recorded the world from beginning to end is also a part of the whirl of the root"? I thought they were the same thing until now
    I don't know where that exact picture is from. But that is not new information, it has always been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by knk vol 5
    "There is a goal. However, what you said is correct too. A mage is pursuing a zero. His life is pointing towards something that never existed in the first place.
    A mage's ultimate goal, you see, is to reach the 'maelstrom of origins'. It's also called the Akashic Record, but it may be better to just regard the edge of the maelstrom as having such properties attached to it.
    The thing called the maelstrom of origins, it is probably the birthplace of everything. All phenomena flow out from it. If you know the origin, the results are naturally produced. To describe it as it is, you could say that it is the 'perfect knowledge'. By creating a standard like perfection or the like, we are ultimately limiting the concept, so even that description is incorrect. But since that the easiest way of defining it, the name stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    One day I'll get off my ass and read Knk. maybe in 5 years when my japanese is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spheromancer View Post
    When you ask the source of this, are you asking where that information is said, where the Akashic Records were first mentioned or where that image you posted is from?

I don't read japanese or know where that image is from, but this is something mentioned in most main Nasuverse works, starting from the oldest published work: Kara no Kyoukai, but also Tsukihime, Mahoyo, etc. It's also based on a real concept which you can easily learn more about by searching "Akashic Records".

the text is an MTL of the image.

Is this even from a tm game or story is the question first and foremost

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I think it's sort of a case of trying to define what shouldn't/can't be. Seems unified enough of an idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Mhm,which is why I thought it noteworthy enough to ask; to my knowledge, they've always been treated as the same exact "concept"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Is this even from a tm game or story is the question first and foremost
    It has the kanji for swirl of the root, i'd be damned if it wasnt