Page 5928 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 492854285828587859185923592659275928592959305933593859786028 ... LastLast
Results 118,541 to 118,560 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyton View Post
    Any idea where Holy Beasts rank among the Phantasmal Species ranking, or are they still a vague classification in the Nasuverse?
    Holy Beast = Divine Beast
    They're the same thing
    like here 怪物 is monster but they also use 魔物 for monster too in some skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Okay first things first.
    For Phantasmal Species the ranking goes
    Monstrous Beast < Phantasmal Beast < Divine Beast

What downgrades your Divinity is if you are a Monster, different kanji to Monstrous Beast which is just a sub-classification of Phantasmal Species.

Can you be a Monster and a Monstrous Beast? Yes.
    Can you be one and not the other? Yes.

So Tiamat is a Monster sure but that body is the body of a God. So it's still got Divinity.
    Not the stat sheet Divinity that says "Aptitude as a Divine Spirit." But still divine.
    On a different note, poor Pegasus is "only" exceedingly close to being a Phantasmal. Meanwhile Saint Martha summmons a full Dragon like it ain't no thing and now Jeanne can apparently whiste up a Divine Beast (also, Ishtar and Gugulanna, but at least Ishtar was a full goddess).

Something something FGO powercreep something something
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I dunno how "creature that is normally in the lowest tier gets bumped up to mid tier but obviously there are regular old mid and high tier creatures out there" is powercreeped, like, they spell it out for you.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    On a different note, poor Pegasus is "only" exceedingly close to being a Phantasmal. Meanwhile Saint Martha summmons a full Dragon like it ain't no thing and now Jeanne can apparently whiste up a Divine Beast (also, Ishtar and Gugulanna, but at least Ishtar was a full goddess).

It's phantasmal beast rank
    its not moby dick see my post in story and lore about higashide and his love of B grade movies making it into GO
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I mean, it's anywhere between half-god and the scion of two gods. Why does it start at the lowest tier?

Although I suppose the one that's powercreeped is Medusa herself.

- - - Updated - - -

It's phantasmal beast rank
    its not moby dick see my post in story and lore
    I literally just read that, yup.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Napoleon vs Heracles in doing the impossible

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    A - did you not read YOU's input on the topic? we are probably talking about two different types of Divinity.
    Yes I did, and he is talking about the same thing I did. Divinity as a skill (what you've been babbling about the entire time) is different from Divinity as a trait, but they are grouped into the same thing in FGO gameplay because both indicate your Divine status.

Divinity as a skill indicates "how much of a divine spirit you are", and if you are a monster this might affect your rank as a Divine Spirit (but that did not happen to Tamamo, her Divinity is still A despite most of it already being sealed due to being a servant + self seal, her being considered an anti-hero Monster like Medusa didn't do shit to lower her rank). Divinity as a trait is "you are considered Divine". The chain of heaven works as long as you are considered "Divine", meaning it works on both types of Divinity.

Just look at that list, even Lahmu being born from Tiamat is considered divine, as it is considered part of her body - the body of a God, a divine as fuck being. Bull of heaven, sphinx are divine beasts, Ereshkigal is goddess who can turn huge ghost form, Greater Grail is ??? and Mitsuhide Mara despite taking the demon king of the 6th heaven role is also divine. As long as you are divine you are targets of anti-divine NPs, not that you must have a skill that give you a rating of how high you might be as a divine spirit.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; August 9th, 2018 at 09:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post

Iskander’s bulls are both divine beasts and the lightning they run on is Zeus so don’t go blaming FGO for the power creep
    Hell even before FSN came out, Nrvnqsr was spitting out dragons and crab gods so maybe the real lesson here is just that Medusa is shit

Does Enkidu`s NP in gameplay do bonus damage to divinity or something?

Also, why did we use bounding NPs to compare to nuke NP?

Why are we using completely different things to try to make a faulty argument, hu?

Why are we lumping all NPs together hu?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, again, kingu did.his. job for a substantial ammount of time

I don't think you understood the point Mizu was trying to make

What he means is that if you use Anti-X on that designated X it doesn't mean you automatically win, nor does it means that it can affect the entire thing. it just means to be used against that specific things because either it has bonus against that or because it cannot be used against anything except that or whatever the reason.

The Kingu example is good for that argument because Kingu is the anti-divine living Noble Phantasm of the God, but in the end he died to Tiamat.

You were saying

the designations are what they are meant to destroy. it would be pretty shitty if yiu were made to do something and yiu couldnt do it.

Which was why he brought up Kingu vs Tiamat

Because if it works like you were trying to argue, then either Kingu would had completely immobilized Tiamat for infinity, or he is pretty shitty

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    yeah the designations are what they are meant to target, not what they're meant to destroy, else man fuck those rice bales, don't go destroying my meals

Ozy vs Sigurd, who is the most devoted husband

Ozy. He didn't make Nefertari cry

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    I don't think you understood the point Mizu was trying to make

What he means is that if you use Anti-X on that designated X it doesn't mean you automatically win, nor does it means that it can affect the entire thing. it just means to be used against that specific things because either it has bonus against that or because it cannot be used against anything except that or whatever the reason.

The Kingu example is good for that argument because Kingu is the anti-divine living Noble Phantasm of the God, but in the end he died to Tiamat.

You were saying

Which was why he brought up Kingu vs Tiamat

Because if it works like you were trying to argue, then either Kingu would had completely immobilized Tiamat for infinity, or he is pretty shitty

Kingu still held her for a long time and she had insane monstruous strenght

And it is not a good example because I refferenced NPs that are designated for structures or landmasses and Mizu "countered", with an example where the target is a living being and an outlier to a bunch of things at that

- - - Updated - - -

A living thing can fight back. A rocky plain cant

JP Friend Code
    Kingu still held her for a long time and she had insane monstruous strenght
    You still don't fucking get it. The fact that you think Kingu is not shit countered your very point about "if X is to anti Y and it can't do what it is supposed to do then it's shit". The Kingu example here is "when X which is to anti Y get used against a super outlier Y then X can still get fucked but you can't just call it shitty". It doesn't matter if it's a damaging NP or a binding NP, it is the same classification which you got it completely wrong and ppl been trying to correct you.
    And it is not a good example because I refferenced NPs that are designated for structures or landmasses and Mizu "countered", with an example where the target is a living being and an outlier to a bunch of things at that
    No. The entire focus of the discussion is the fucking Classification of the NPs and that shit means "this NP is to be used against a certain type of targets". The NP can be used to destroy the target like structures and landmasses shit you were saying, to bind the target like Kingu, to protect you from the target...etc, to do whatever the shit on the target it doesn't fucking matter because the classification of anti-X is just "yeah you should use this on X it works better than normal". Whatever you've been saying about the range and destruction shit are meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read this and still don't get it, read it again 100 more times until you get it, because I won't repeat this again or I will shit talk you like previously, something I don't want to.

So you admit to using a nonsensical outlier example, got it.

Use a more reliable example, something like, say, excalibur failing to destroy a specific fortified structure
    Last edited by fire_mountain_30; August 10th, 2018 at 05:41 AM.

oh we're still doing this huh

JP Friend Code
    So you admit to using a nonsensical outlier example, got it
    No. A very sensible example to counter your nonsense logic, like I always do.