Page 6210 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 521057106110616062006205620862096210621162126215622062606310 ... LastLast
Results 124,181 to 124,200 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    It was just a metaphor to rate her top tier in a hypothetical gacha that didn't have waifu/popularity bias.
    I figure it was clear enough.

Anyways.
    Ibaraki vs Bedivere

Battle of the weird right arms.
    Without explaining what the standards are beyond all Sabers. Like Altaris pointed out, there are quite a few Sabers who can be said to be above Mordred, which wouldn't exactly make her a 5 star (since in this hypothetical it would be for top dogs by powa not waifus). Aka not that meaningul in the end.

What can Bedi do vs Ibaraki anyway? Seems like he gets outgunned quite a bit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I mean you made a statement by rating Mordred using FGO's Rarity values, without explaining why this should be taken seriously (proper context). Hard to understand what a 5 star Saber is when there are quite a lot of good Sabers.
    That’s not true. I explicitly noted this was in using the rating scale of 1 to 5 star, so she is quite a strong servant over all, but not in the sense of weighting it for marketability. As a result of this, references to five stars in fate go therefor were entirely irrelevant and immaterial.

further, this is not in reference to servants when including all classes. The point of the secondary material is that mordred is in the higher percentile when it comes to saber class servants. If there are quite a bit of strong sabers, which you correctly note, and mordred is better then 80% (ish) of saber class servants, that argues for her abilities.

also, on ibaraki, why do I feel like hearing she is much, much stronger then she presents in fate go. Like an actual top tier berserker but she is just to busy screwing around to fight seriously. (This is just something from kota’s book so don’t take it to seriously.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Ι know Ibaraki usually gets treated as a joke wherever she appears, but she IS one of the Two Great Oni of Mount Ooe, you know. She outstats Bedivere quite handily.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The only stat that Iba has greater than Bedivere is end. Bedi was the weakest KOTR but that was before he got excalibur arm that boosts his stats & sword attacks plus gives an A+ anti-army np. Mats mention that Ibaraki is pretty good at commanding other oni and guerrilla warfare but that doesn't really apply to a straight versus.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    . The point of the secondary material is that mordred is in the higher percentile when it comes to saber class servants.
    Pretty sure this was never stated. The only thing her mats mention in terms of the Class is that she has "the power worthy of the Saber Class" and that was it.

Blog Entries
    Unless it was retranslated the quote was more like “she isn’t as strong as her sire, but she is a strong example of a saber class servant.”

im getting that a bit wrong I’m sure, but essentially even when compared to other sabers she ranks into the upper echelons, was the gist of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Qin Shi Huang versus Ultimate One Kars (JJBA).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    That’s not true. I explicitly noted this was in using the rating scale of 1 to 5 star, so she is quite a strong servant over all, but not in the sense of weighting it for marketability. As a result of this, references to five stars in fate go therefor were entirely irrelevant and immaterial.

further, this is not in reference to servants when including all classes. The point of the secondary material is that mordred is in the higher percentile when it comes to saber class servants. If there are quite a bit of strong sabers, which you correctly note, and mordred is better then 80% (ish) of saber class servants, that argues for her abilities.

also, on ibaraki, why do I feel like hearing she is much, much stronger then she presents in fate go. Like an actual top tier berserker but she is just to busy screwing around to fight seriously. (This is just something from kota’s book so don’t take it to seriously.)
    Higher percentile of Sabers =/= being a 5 star in this theoretical ranking. Especially when you can't clarify who she's above and below other than saying she's one of the best. Being one of the stronger Sabers doesn't mean she's that far above the average to be a 5 star. So still, not that much of a meaningful comparison as opposed to her matching Siegfried a bit and similar statements.

祖 Ancestor
    Mordred's weaker than Artoria, Lancelot, Gawain and Siegfried, you can trickle this down to a number of others: Rama, Altera, Sigurd and Altera. If we're going feats, Charles, Fergus, Suzuka and Richard have more than a good shot. I wouldn't put her in the top brackets of Sabers. She's just above average.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Qin Shi Huang versus Ultimate One Kars (JJBA).
    I'd give it to Kars, unless QSH can figure out to just throw into space.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    QSH built an orbital great wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I mean you keep saying X and Y is better but what makes them actually better than they’re better. Look at their noble Phantasms, their stats, their skills. Some of them are better overall or in certain circumstances but I don’t see how armored Battle Con Prana Bursting Knight of the Realm with a holy sword level beam is out of their category.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean you keep saying X and Y is better but what makes them actually better than they’re better. Look at their noble Phantasms, their stats, their skills. Some of them are better overall or in certain circumstances but I don’t see how armored Battle Con Prana Bursting Knight of the Realm with a holy sword level beam is out of their category.
    Stats are probably some of the worst ways to go about judging a servant's level because author's treat them differently. Even Nasu admitted he has other, undisclosed ways of ranking heroes asides parameters. Why the Sabers listed are stronger?

Artoria, Lancelot, Gawain and Siegfried,
    All of these are proven. Mordred's called Artoria-lite. Lancelot is called the strongest of the KotRT at some points or another. Gawain is a similar contender, who has even been said equal to Arthur. Mordred flat out admits that Sieg after two more transformations would be stronger than her, with the only thing he lacked being experience. Sieg never becomes as strong as Siegfried so this is rather obvious.

The others mentioned either scale to the above (Altera for example is compared favorably to Artoria and overkill on the moon cell) or have really powerful skills. There's only so much Mordred can do with prana burst and a somewhat above average beamsword when you reach the tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    The only stat that Iba has greater than Bedivere is end. Bedi was the weakest KOTR but that was before he got excalibur arm that boosts his stats & sword attacks plus gives an A+ anti-army np. Mats mention that Ibaraki is pretty good at commanding other oni and guerrilla warfare but that doesn't really apply to a straight versus.
    Bedi's stats include his swordarm buffs, Ibaraki's dont take into account her Demonic Strength of the Oni skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Bedi's stats include his swordarm buffs, Ibaraki's dont take into account her Demonic Strength of the Oni skill.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    It was just a metaphor to rate her top tier in a hypothetical gacha that didn't have waifu/popularity bias.
    I figure it was clear enough.
    Yeah, "even in a gacha not weighted towards waifus" made his meaning pretty explicit.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, between Bedivere and Ibaraki, Bedivere is the better character.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you meant in battle? Then yeah, Ibaraki takes it.

Gacha is evil, it can never be trusted as anything reliable

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Summer Martha vs Raikou
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    All I can picture in that fight is poor Tarrasque either getting pummeled by the owner or skewered by Mystic Slayer skill.

It depends on how well Martha's martial arts is if Tarrasque got taken out.

Raikou takes it easily, imo. Martha isn't really supposed to be a fighter, memes aside. And Jacob'd Limbs is optimised to fight demons and angels, not people (even half-oni people).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I dunno if Raikou can take a dragon.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP