Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favourite servant?

Blog Entries
    Thankfully, they didn't make Drake a Saberface, despite having arguably good reason to do so; they Saberface'd Nero instead for no reason.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    for no reason?

They have reason. It's to attract players
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    ofc, being the postergirl, being an actual Saber and all that

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PioneerOfTheStarsEX View Post
    At this point I will assume that this is just one instance of a Nipponwank in a Nippon franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to make it on topic with the thread, I must mention that, tho there are worse servants, I don't like how they portray Francis Drake, mainly because of the genderbent. The genderbend, as always, is ridiculous and the "explanation" for why she was remembered as man is even more so (it seems in TMverse the Brits can't differentiate woman from man). Although the personality does seems very fitting, her design is just too terrible to look past. If they want a booby elder sister Servant to babysit Shinji there are many better choices.

With the alien they have as queen, can you blame them?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Boudica?
    OMG, that would be pretty good. Just make her a Berserker so she can't say why she hates Nero so much and have Shinji boast about how good he is at controlling Servants. Would also make his rant about his Servant being weaksauce siightly more credible. Moving Shinji to a later round could work too, but he can't be too far in, he's a necessary stepping stone for Hakuno building his resolve.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Although the personality does seems very fitting, her design is just too terrible to look past. If they want a booby elder sister Servant to babysit Shinji there are many better choices.
    Yeah, like Raikou.

TM Drake's personality is very fitting, actually. Her design, too.
    Last edited by Historia; August 11th, 2018 at 09:57 AM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    (it seems in TMverse the Brits can't differentiate woman from man)
    L O N D O N
    O
    N
    D
    O
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    TM Drake's personality is very fitting, actually. Her design, too.
    Yes, I do like TM Drake's personality actually, she is a good character in her own, but again, the genderbend just ruins everything. They might as well name her Grace O'Malley and it won't really be much of a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    L O N D O N
    O
    N
    D
    O
    N
    I don't play FGO and haven't read London yet, what happens there?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    There is also the Japanese rumors about Cu=Odin in the same vein with the above
    To be fair, interpretatio has done pretty damned stupid things in the past. But I do hope this doesn't turn out to be canon.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Blog Entries
    as t--->infinity, everything is everything and everything else is everything else in order to maximise the amount of REFERENCES for our """"""players"""""" to enjoy
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I don't play FGO and haven't read London yet, what happens there?
    It's a classic shitpost making fun of an average British woman's poorly executed dental plan.

(meaning it's no wonder they could not tell Queen Victoria apart from Francis Drake, because,)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It's a classic shitpost making fun of an average British woman's poorly executed dental plan.

(meaning it's no wonder they could not tell Queen Victoria apart from Francis Drake, because,)
    Ah, okay. Sorry to make you explain the joke lol.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Didn't you know? Shiva is Tamamo's daddy (cuz he is mixed with Isanaten aka Izanagi). Just revealed few days ago.
    Why? Also, this makes Tamamo more confusing now since she's also been equated to Surya, who is by no way related to Shiva.

And Isana is one of Shiva's 5 name so...yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not gonna pretend that I'm okay with it either. But I accepted that it's Japan's fault first then Nasu's fault later.
    Perhaps, but I'm actually okay with the real life shit Japan did regarding syncretism. I just don't like how Nasu has decided to handle it in his works.

they could make the whole syncretism stuff much more interesting yet they took one of the worst path possible, so disappointing...
    Exactly. *Sigh*

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Why? Also, this makes Tamamo more confusing now since she's also been equated to Surya, who is by no way related to Shiva.
    There are several sun-related gods in Hinduism tho. Base on some theories I've seen, she can be related to ushas or Aryaman or Savitr due to certain similarities. Or since Tamamo's NP mentions the name Suiten (Varuna), she might be Mitra in the Mitra-Varuna pairing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    Thankfully, they didn't make Drake a Saberface, despite having arguably good reason to do so; they Saberface'd Nero instead for no reason.
    I think back then they were afraid that a FSN spin off won't sell and need a "look it's Artoria but not really" kind of mystery to incite the fans to check it out to see why is Artoria wearing a dress with butt window.

US Friend Code
    My take on the whole sycretism thing. While I don't like it much I don't think one should take it completely literal. Like Izanagi is linked with Shiva, okay. Does this mean all of Izanagi's feats was just Shiva coming up and just using a different name? No. Izanagi and Shiva are different, to different to say they are the same. Sycretism doesn't mean that they are literally the same individual under different or at least it doesn't in this context. It means they are linked, that they have the same origin. Like Skadi and Scathach, Siegfried and Sigurd. They are all individual to the other but are linked, they all came from the same place. This goes back to a idea introduced in Extella, that the gods we know aren't the originals. They had predecessors, those they are all models based on something that came before. So I don't Izangi is literally Shiva and he's faking or vice versa. It's a trade of relationship as they become closer and mixing. If anything from Skadi and Scathach they can probably use the others powers for some neat tricks but it isn't there powers. They are borrowing. Or at least that's my take
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    My take on the whole sycretism thing. While I don't like it much I don't think one should take it completely literal. Like Izanagi is linked with Shiva, okay. Does this mean all of Izanagi's feats was just Shiva coming up and just using a different name? No. Izanagi and Shiva are different, to different to say they are the same. Sycretism doesn't mean that they are literally the same individual under different or at least it doesn't in this context. It means they are linked, that they have the same origin. Like Skadi and Scathach, Siegfried and Sigurd. They are all individual to the other but are linked, they all came from the same place. This goes back to a idea introduced in Extella, that the gods we know aren't the originals. They had predecessors, those they are all models based on something that came before. So I don't Izangi is literally Shiva and he's faking or vice versa. It's a trade of relationship as they become closer and mixing. If anything from Skadi and Scathach they can probably use the others powers for some neat tricks but it isn't there powers. They are borrowing. Or at least that's my take
    I would LOVE for this to be the case, but I still feel Nasu is prioritizing the Shinto aspect of the syncretism and giving Shinto gods more powers than I feel they should have, no matter what the mythology and complex Japanese syncretism say.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I would LOVE for this to be the case, but I still feel Nasu is prioritizing the Shinto aspect of the syncretism and giving Shinto gods more powers than I feel they should have, no matter what the mythology and complex Japanese syncretism say.
    God's are Gods. They spit on the face of what powers they are supposed to have. That's what gods are
    Last edited by Iceblade44; August 11th, 2018 at 02:04 PM.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    The text said Isanaten IS Izanagi.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; August 11th, 2018 at 02:23 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    How dare Nasu write that mythological figures derive from other, older mythological figures, which is what he's always done, since that's true in the real world too.

US Friend Code
    The text said Isanaten IS Izanagi.
    Isanaten is, not Shiva. You said Shiva was being mixed/confused/merged with Isanaten. Now I have no idea who Ishanaten so thats just what I thought. If there is more to it then my mistake.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Isanaten is, not Shiva. You said Shiva was being mixed/confused/merged with Isanaten. Now I have no idea who Ishanaten so thats just what I thought. If there is more to it then my mistake.
    Isana IS one of Shiva's names. He has 5 divine names noted in the book praising how amazing he is, O great Isana.