Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 817

Thread: Least favourite servant?

  1. #101
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,095
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Jeanne Alter is on the same tier as Scathach
    In making people throw money into the gacha, yes I think she is on the same level as Scathach and Tamamo

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I hate that Servant so much. Just a horrible character all around and she's not even the one I hate the most. Pretty much the antithesis of everything I like about Fate. On the upside, I'll never hear her in English, so there's that.
    Why is that?
    Spoiler:

    War bring nothing but loss for both sides

  2. #102
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Yeah, which was fine for Orléans. I mean, I think exploring Jeanne d'Arc's feelings of hatred and vengeance - or rather, the lack thereof - toward her captors and those who betrayed her has storytelling potential, and Jeanne Arter served that role admirably in Orléans. That she was later turned into a meme doesn't detract from that, I'd say.
    While I wouldn't go as far as to call her performance in Orleans "admirable", I will agree that her character arc was a solid one (if entirely too hammy for my tastes).
    Though to be honest, I'm a sucker for any and all tsundere, even not-particularly-well-written ones, so you could write me off as biased.

  3. #103
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    7,728
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    In making people throw money into the gacha, yes I think she is on the same level as Scathach and Tamamo
    I got both Shishou and Jalter as f2p only...

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO


  4. #104
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,095
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    yeah, It's you, not me and thousands of players out there
    Spoiler:

    War bring nothing but loss for both sides

  5. #105
    Dead Apostle Eater Historia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,112
    Blog Entries
    4
    This probably belongs here more than the other thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    I'd like Jeanne more if they combined her Vanilla and Alter versions.
    While I'm unsure how exactly how that would turn out, maybe dye her hair darker and give her some muscle -- then we're good to go.

  6. #106
    Cu Alter is definitely the worst alter

    You may not like Jeanne, nor Demiya, but they are much better as a character who's as bland as Sieg drinking bleacher

  7. #107
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Cu Alter is definitely the worst alter

    You may not like Jeanne, nor Demiya, but they are much better as a character who's as bland as Sieg drinking bleacher
    I dislike Cu Alter as a one note character. I hate the very fact that Emiya Alter exists.

    It's like "yeah you know the guy who was so desperate he tried to go back in time and kill his younger self so he could be unmade? Nope, that wasn't despair enough, here's how he'd look if he was R E A L E D G Y ".

  8. #108
    死徒 Dead Apostle King of Padoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The vast depths of the Kaleidoscope, second corner at the right
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    864
    US Friend Code
    878,709,144
    Blog Entries
    2
    Probably one of the Servants I dislike the most is Elizabeth. Turning a model for a vampire into a dragon idol loli is a big WTF for me even if I know her reasons to be like this

  9. #109
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,156
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I dislike Cu Alter as a one note character. I hate the very fact that Emiya Alter exists.

    It's like "yeah you know the guy who was so desperate he tried to go back in time and kill his younger self so he could be unmade? Nope, that wasn't despair enough, here's how he'd look if he was R E A L E D G Y ".
    also his art is shit
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  10. #110
    A Two-Named Thief Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,838
    US Friend Code
    139729726
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Going to be boring here and say Boudica.
    I do not accept this slander.
    Quest of Fate (Update: 10/10/2018)

    Hall of Hermes Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Saron View Post
    It's official. Hermes is the old man hipster of CaS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    ...Are you the protagonist of a YA novel? Perhaps an otome game?




  11. #111
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,572
    I like Cú Chulainn Alter, at least in his role in the America chapter, where he provides yet another facet of a recurring discussion in the Nasuverse about the nature of kings and of power. I can't imagine Servant!Cú Chulainn Alter providing anything meaningful in terms of story or dialogue, though.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  12. #112
    A Two-Named Thief Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,838
    US Friend Code
    139729726
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I like Cú Chulainn Alter, at least in his role in the America chapter, where he provides yet another facet of a recurring discussion in the Nasuverse about the nature of kings and of power. I can't imagine Servant!Cú Chulainn Alter providing anything meaningful in terms of story or dialogue, though.
    I agree, this was a good insight. I don't with the second though, his interlude was actually pretty good.
    Quest of Fate (Update: 10/10/2018)

    Hall of Hermes Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Saron View Post
    It's official. Hermes is the old man hipster of CaS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    ...Are you the protagonist of a YA novel? Perhaps an otome game?




  13. #113
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I don't with the second though, his interlude was actually pretty good.
    Really? Nice. I'll have to check it out - if there's a translation out there, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    While I wouldn't go as far as to call her performance in Orleans "admirable", I will agree that her character arc was a solid one (if entirely too hammy for my tastes).
    Though to be honest, I'm a sucker for any and all tsundere, even not-particularly-well-written ones, so you could write me off as biased.
    She wasn't a tsundere yet, though. And yes, she was hammy, that's part of the point - she's an impossible existence derived from Gilles' fantasies, a deliberate exaggeration of a person's distorted view of another.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  14. #114
    死徒 Dead Apostle TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Speak for yourself. I like Jeanne Alter

    And she's not a tsun
    I think she is just a tsun in fanwork. GO is an odd case where fanwork ends affecting the opinon of the characters

  15. #115
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,039
    JP Friend Code
    618,707,414
    Jalter is Tsun, dunno how anyone can read the last scene in Shinjuku and say otherwise. I agree it's overblown by the fan base. I don't hate her because I do really like her design outside last two ascensions.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Why is that?
    I'm not at home, so I'd rather not work myself up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    You may not like Jeanne, nor Demiya, but they are much better as a character who's as bland as Sieg drinking bleacher
    You can't be serious. You just can't. I don't understand at all. It's because you like her because you think she's pretty. As the other one, he's the one I hate the most for existing among other things.
    Last edited by Laserman; May 26th, 2018 at 10:29 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  17. #117
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,095
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    Better than Sieg
    Spoiler:

    War bring nothing but loss for both sides

  18. #118
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,156
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Better than Sieg
    ehhhhhh
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post

    You can't be serious. You just can't. I don't understand at all. It's because you like her because you think she's pretty. As the other one, he's the one I hate the most for existing among other things.
    I can like a character for her, you know, character

    I hate plenty of pretty characters because they have shitty character. Nero is a prime example

  20. #120
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    2,805
    Jalter is definitely tsun in the sense that she's nowhere nearly as EVIL and VENGEFUL and MURDEROUS and overall EDGY as she tries to paint herself as. You could make a case about her being just tsun without the -dere part, because she's not particularly affectionate towards anyone *full disclaimer, I've only read her character dialogue, not her interlude or her appearance in Shinjuku*. But I think that's more of a backlash from most fan works turning her into a more generic tsundere, complete with luminescent blushes and all that, than an actual oposition.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    I can like a character for her, you know, character

    I hate plenty of pretty characters because they have shitty character. Nero is a prime example
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hiYX75vgAA

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •