Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favourite servant?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Wasn't it 16? Not that it changes anything.
    she pulled the sword out on her 15th bday
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Every Saberface.

All of them.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Mysterious Heroine X Alter did nothing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Least Favorite? I might be hated on this idk but it's Sanson for me and mostly because of his lore. His lore pretty much straight describe him as a hypocrite, corrupt nobleman living in a luxury while executing people in which being found guilty enough to be executed. It's even emphasized by him being in Lawful Evil alignment but has one of his skills giving him bonus damage against evil.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramoelech View Post
    Least Favorite? I might be hated on this idk but it's Sanson for me and mostly because of his lore. His lore pretty much straight describe him as a hypocrite, corrupt nobleman living in a luxury while executing people in which being found guilty enough to be executed. It's even emphasized by him being in Lawful Evil alignment but has one of his skills giving him bonus damage against evil.
    That wasn't the impression I got from Sanson at all. He distributed medical care to people free of charge and invented the guillotine specifically to make executions less painful for the victim. It was obviously a dirty job, but Sanson was only killing people who were condemned anyways. It's not like they would've been spared if he'd stilled his hand.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Mysterious Heroine X Alter did nothing wrong.
    She appeared on my roll instead of tamamo. That's plenty.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    She just wanted you to be ready for the Quick meta!
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramoelech View Post
    Not really, Sanson isn’t what you could consider an arstricat. For one his family weren’t lords, they had no peasants or lands. They had an occupation, one which was given to the first Charles Sanson who was a soldier who was appointed the position of royal executioner by the King, which would be past down through his children. The royal executioner did tend to be well off, that Sanson could go to a university and had past times with music, but that would be the same if they were doctors, it was their job. The social stigma of being a executioner was pretty bad tho, everyone hated them. Sanson was kicked out from his preschool just because his father was a executioner. Which was why he went to university in hopes of becoming a doctor tho thanks to circumstances he had to take up his family job even when he was against it. Sanson didn’t enjoy his work as a executioner but it was a role he had to do because no one would do it. He has no control who he gets to kill and why, that’s the courts job and he can’t go against them, that’s how government works. They were wealthy because of their job but I wouldn’t say he live off like the Nobles whose wealth they just have because they do.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    She just wanted you to be ready for the Quick meta!
    Ha! Joke's on her. I didn't even try for skadi.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Iunno. I don't think i have a Servant that i dislike in particular. I think Saber Gilles was kind of meh and i like to compare Fate Tesla and Steampunk Tesla so there's that i guess

Or maybe Sieg since hes a Caster now

I see. So the wealth of Sanson comes from his job as an executioner which is a job he must do, and that he garnered hate from the people for it and he has no choice for other jobs hmm, so he isn't really bad then. Thanks

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That wasn't the impression I got from Sanson at all. He distributed medical care to people free of charge and invented the guillotine specifically to make executions less painful for the victim.
    Just to clear this up, he didn't invent the guillotine, it was literally a bloke called Guillotin. He was however a strong advocate of its use as he found executions to be quite torturous and wanted the make them as quick and painless as possible.

That aside, I'm not sure who I'd pick for the servant I like least. There's some designs I don't like, some backstories I'm not struck on and some power sets I'm not happy with, but no servant has a bad enough combo of all three to make me dislike them. In general though, I'm not a huge fan of when servants adapt modern culture too readily, like Kintoki or Dumas. Some adaptation is obviously required to function, but when the only thing marking Kintoki's appearance as the guy from Japanese myth is when he breaks out the axe, it feels a little off to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    he has red arms sometimes
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Just to clear this up, he didn't invent the guillotine, it was literally a bloke called Guillotin. He was however a strong advocate of its use as he found executions to be quite torturous and wanted the make them as quick and painless as possible.
    Thanks for the correction. Looks like I got a bit mixed up there.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar

That aside, I'm not sure who I'd pick for the servant I like least. There's some designs I don't like, some backstories I'm not struck on and some power sets I'm not happy with, but no servant has a bad enough combo of all three to make me dislike them. In general though, I'm not a huge fan of when servants adapt modern culture too readily, like Kintoki or Dumas. Some adaptation is obviously required to function, but when the only thing marking Kintoki's appearance as the guy from Japanese myth is when he breaks out the axe, it feels a little off to me.
    So do you think an Iskandar level of adaption is ideal? He readily embraced modern culture and all its trappings, but he kept his core values of conquest and kingship from his own time and his own life.

Also, I'm not particularly a fan of Raikou because she has the Vajra, which should rightly belong to an Indra Pseudo-Servant, and I am just annoyed that the Hindu Gods are synchretized to the Shinto Gods and not the other way round.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So do you think an Iskandar level of adaption is ideal? He readily embraced modern culture and all its trappings, but he kept his core values of conquest and kingship from his own time and his own life.
    Yeah, Iskandar seems more or less on point. Even the things he took on board from modern culture are largely coloured by his ideals, like his interest in conquest games, parading his plunder and getting trousers so he can walk among the people without arising suspicion.

Kintoki seems to have gone entirely towards a modern punk/gangster sorta outlook, and Dumas is just a weirdo, but upon reflection, that's probably a similar vein to Iskandar in that being a compulsive liar and jackass, he's just taken ideas from the modern era to inflate his image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Yeah, Iskandar seems more or less on point. Even the things he took on board from modern culture are largely coloured by his ideals, like his interest in conquest games, parading his plunder and getting trousers so he can walk among the people without arising suspicion.

Kintoki seems to have gone entirely towards a modern punk/gangster sorta outlook, and Dumas is just a weirdo, but upon reflection, that's probably a similar vein to Iskandar in that being a compulsive liar and jackass, he's just taken ideas from the modern era to inflate his image.
    Was Dumas like that in real life? I don't think so, and I think the whole crass boor portrayal of him in FSF kind of insults the real thing. That and I'm not sure if FSF Dumas is even black, which the real one was.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Alexandre Dumas, the French 18th century writer who wrote the Three Musketeers, was black?

Okay, that's news to me.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 9th, 2018 at 07:41 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Alexandre Dumas, the French 18th century writer who wrote the Three Musketeers, was black?

Okay, that's news to me.

Well, I
    He was a 19th century author, and yes, he was black, and his father was a black French officer in Napoleon's army who was also denied a pension later in life or something, and thus he actually was extremely bitter towards Napoleon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Was Dumas like that in real life? I don't think so, and I think the whole crass boor portrayal of him in FSF kind of insults the real thing. That and I'm not sure if FSF Dumas is even black, which the real one was.
    About the last thing, I've seen art of SF's Dumas that have him with vaguely dark skin, but others where he's white as snow. Are they any official arts of him in color, or is it just a fanon thing?