Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favourite servant?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    could you expand more? XD
    More on what? My dislike for him? I can't really explain what it is I hate about him. It's just...everything.

The fact that he's another Shirou. The fact that he basically can copy weapons and shit from other heroes, be they downgraded or whatever.

I don't like his banter, or his voice. I don't like his relationship with any of the characters, and I wish that he could have been an actual Hero from the Throne and not the protag of the game from another timeline and also from the future with the ability to copy weapons.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Both.

Plus the Counter Guardian thing. And the Unlimited Blade Works thing, and no, it's not because of wank and fanfics. I just don't like it.
    Not to criticize, but I think this the first time I've seen someone express that opinion. IMO F/SN as a narrative just wouldn't work without a character like EMIYA to show Shirou the darker side of his ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Not to criticize, but I think this the first time I've seen someone express that opinion. IMO F/SN as a narrative just wouldn't work without a character like EMIYA to show Shirou the darker side of his ideal.

Yeah, i respect nobodys opinion,but i think this means not likin a really big part of FSN. But hey, some people have the same dislike about , lest say, Sakura, so he is totally entitled to not like EMIYA

Maybe so.

And I don't know jack about enough history or philosophy to be able to work a counter argument of Shirou not needing EMIYA (or his powerset, but that's another discussion for another thread), but I still think it was a shame to have him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, i respect nobodys opinion,but i think thismeans not likin a really big part of FSN
    Ya got me.

Blog Entries
    Emiya should have been a knight in King Arthur's court but also actually Shirou who was sent back in time by the Grail in an alternate timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Emiya should have been a knight in King Arthur's court but also actually Shirou who was sent back in time by the Grail in an alternate timeline.

im sure there is several fan fiction on this fashion out there

Nero, Jack, Mordred and Cu Alter

マリーの味方
    edison

oh, i forgot Cu alter. Weird since "Vanilla" Cu, as i mentioned in the other thread, is maybe my fav male servant, but alter is too much of an edgy fantasy for me, everything about him ( and now i realized Medb is other of my least faves)n

JP Friend Code
    where’s the poll op

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    EMIYA for everything that he is.

And Nero and everything about her. They're both at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Liz and Astolfo too. Astolfo for being a trap and annoying, and Liz for being annoying.

And their voices make them doubly annoying.
    Oh,he's gone and done it now.

i dont see how i could make one with so much of them.Im not talking just about the original VN ones

Blog Entries
    Maybe so.

And I don't know jack about enough history or philosophy to be able to work a counter argument of Shirou not needing EMIYA (or his powerset, but that's another discussion for another thread), but I still think it was a shame to have him.
    I guess you could have a grizzled, cynical hero from myth/history to serve as the foil for Shirou's ideals, but having him be literally Shirou's future self makes the whole conflict way more meaningful IMO.

its funny that the Throne exist outside of time , but he is the only "future" hero. Looks like that was a convenient excuse to introduce him, alongside all those actual famous heroes

Blog Entries
    its funny that the Throne exist outside of time , but he is the only "future" hero. Looks like that was a convenient excuse to introduce him, alongside all those actual famous heroes
    Probably because finding a summoning catalyst for a hero that doesn't exist yet would normally be pretty much impossible. The only reason Rin could summon him through the pendant at all is because of a time-paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Probably because finding a summoning catalyst for a hero that doesn't exist yet would normally be pretty much impossible. The only reason Rin could summon him through the pendant at all is because of a time-paradox.
    ok, you won there.

This reinds me something. We will never know who Rin summoned in Archers timeline, or maybe it was just EMIYA (who died in a similar way to Fate rute) and this was always a perpetual paradox ?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    ok, you won there.

This reinds me something. We will never know who Rin summoned in Archers timeline, or maybe it was just EMIYA (who died in a similar way to Fate rute) and this was always a perpetual paradox ?
    The whole reason EMIYA is in the HGW at all is specifically to kill his past self, so if he were summoned in his exact timeline it's difficult to believe he wouldn't have paradoxed himself out of existence the second he got a chance.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    The whole reason EMIYA is in the HGW at all is specifically to kill his past self, so if he were summoned in his exact timeline it's difficult to believe he wouldn't have paradoxed himself out of existence the second he got a chance.
    Remember that in 2/3 Routes he never gets the chance to try, and we know that EMIYA's Grail war was very close to one of those Routes.
    Last edited by forumghost; May 20th, 2018 at 12:50 AM.