Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Servant VS Counter Guardian?

Question Grand Servant VS Counter Guardian?

1) What is the different between them?
    2) Who is more powerful?
    3) Why Grand Assassin has to give up his Grand title to fight Tiamat?
    4) What is their lore in general?
    5) Who is most likely a candidate for each Grand class?

Thank in advance to anyone for answering.

Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    CGs are the faceless, mindless entities humanity calls on when a human or human-made threat can't be stopped any other way than wholesale murder and destruction.

Grand Servants are there to take on bigger and way, way more powerful stuff.

Grand Servants are more powerful by orders of magnitude, CGs aren't usually on Servant tier.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    CGs definitely have faces
    and they're definitely Servant tier if the thread requires it so
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

1. Container, tool kit and job description
    2. Grands
    3. iirc he already gave up his title before, he gave up his grand container tho
    4. Grands are highest tier peepz that do their thing super super good, while CGs are mostly alright employees
    5. Saber for Grand Saber, for the rest your guess is as good as others' guesses

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    5) Confirmed, King Hassan for Grand Assassin, Solomon and Merlin can fit Grand Caster, Gilgamesh can fit at least one, but it's not clear which.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here are my bets for the Grand Servants that haven't been confirmed yet in canon. (People who follow my posts might remember a lot of these, but I feel it's worth noting them here for posterity)

1. Arturia would be the obvious choice for Grand Saber, but I'm going to be creative and guess Batraz- a Caucasian hero whose legend is thought to be a precursor to King Arthur's- instead. Of course, s/he'd be a Saberface.
    2. Either Sun Wukong or Odin for Grand Lancer, with the latter possibly being combined with Cu Chulainn if certain theories are true.
    3. Gilgamesh for Grand Archer. Given he's canonically the greatest Heroic Spirit, Gil certainly merits one of the Grand spots, and there's really no other Class that fits him better than Archer.
    4. Adam or Noah for Grand Rider. Adam had dominion over all the beasts of the world, while Noah gathered them all onto his ark. Either could justifiably have a "Gate of Babylon with animals" style NP.
    5. Viking of Stamford Bridge for Grand Berserker. Might be a bit of a stretch to have a nameless hero be a Grand, but since the Viking is basically the face of Norse berserkers in the western world I think it'd make sense.

JP Friend Code
    I'm sure Gilgamesh was never "confirmed" to fit at least one.

- - - Updated - - -

And I stand by my guess that the Grand servants are none of the ones we knew from previous works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And I stand by my guess that the Grand servants are none of the ones we knew from previous works.
    I agree with that in general, but since Gil is canonically the strongest Heroic Spirit, it would be odd for him to not merit a spot somewhere. If Gil was out of the picture though, another possibility for Grand Archer would be Hou Yi, the hero who shot down the nine suns in Chinese Mythology. Dude certainly has the feats to qualify for Grand status, plus he lost his divinity in his legend so unlike Wukong or Odin, it'd be easy for him to be summoned as a Heroic Spirit.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I sincerely hope Cu and Odin aren't combined. However, I also believe Archer Rama should be Grand Archer since in myth he is touted as the most peerless at basically everything, but especially archery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I sincerely hope Cu and Odin aren't combined. However, I also believe Archer Rama should be Grand Archer since in myth he is touted as the most peerless at basically everything, but especially archery.
    Can't believe I didn't consider an Indian hero for Grand Archer, both given the general power-levels involved and how many of them are ridiculously awesome at archery.

JP Friend Code
    Waiting for Grand ArcHeracles to be the answer

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Can't believe I didn't consider an Indian hero for Grand Archer, both given the general power-levels involved and how many of them are ridiculously awesome at archery.
    Yeah, if Fate were to adapt in several more Indian heroes that are at least somewhat true to myth, they'd dominate the Archer class the same way Irishmen dominate the Lancer class. Also, I say Rama above all others because even the greatest warriors of the Mahabaratha were not stated as equal to him, and Krishna was more a trickster and statesman than outright warrior. That, and he is one of three warriors to ever learn the Brahmanda Astra.

Grand Lancer Lugh tbqh fam

That would be nice. Also for Grand Berserker, I pick Parashurama. The dude was an avatar of Vishnu, he had a hair-trigger temper basically his entire life, he slaughtered over a million kshatriyas in a rage to avenge his father, and he possessed several weapons he could wield with expertise, including many gifts from Shiva, his guru. Also, in myth he kind of performed a CG-type role because the kshatriyas had become evil by then and according to the gods needed to be pruned.

Speaking of Indian Berserkers, I'd be okay with a Grand Berserker Hanuman/Sun Wukong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Speaking of Indian Berserkers, I'd be okay with a Grand Berserker Hanuman/Sun Wukong.
    Actually, yeah Hanuman would be a good idea, or even his brother from another mother Bhima.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Wait, didn't Caster Gil say he could exist as a Grand servant during Babylon? I thought that was a thing, but I could be misremembering.

Also, let me see, if I'm gonna speculate...

Saber - Artoria obviously qualifies given how much they hype Excalibur, but if I had to pick someone different, maybe Yamato Takeru since I think him and the Kusanagi have been referenced way back in F/SN.

Lancer - Probably the likes of Wukong would be likely, but I kinda wonder if they could do something epic with Shaka Zulu.

Archer - If not Gilgamesh, probably Nimrod.

Rider - Saw a great profile for Jesus (Jeshua) as a Rider that could be really cool, but I imagine we might get our first true dragon rider for a Grand one.

Berserker - Harald Fairhair, father of Eric Bloodaxe and the first guy who apparently both bear and wolf variants of Berserkers worked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

What about Honda Tadakatsu for Grand Lancer? He wielded Tonbogiri, one of the Imperial Regalia, and was considered a peerless warrior and general.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Wait, didn't Caster Gil say he could exist as a Grand servant during Babylon? I thought that was a thing, but I could be misremembering.
    Nope.