Page 1 of 39 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favourite servant?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Least favourite servant?

In the whole franchise?

For me, its honestly Gilles ( Caster). I thnk Zero was too nice with this guy , i would lock him in a room with Atalanta ( obviously after thell her about his antics )

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Going to be boring here and say Boudica. But honestly, there's almost no Servants I can think of that I truly dislike (as characters in a story, obviously there's many that are hateable personality-wise).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Going to be boring here and say Boudica.
    I do not accept this slander.

oh, yeah . It was hard to pick one , but i had to go with Gilles. I know there is other characters in the nasuverse, servants or not, that are despicable , like Zouken or Shinji, but even if i know they are not good people, i can see their usefulness to the story. Gilles just kill kids because is kooru , take him out and the story of Zero would not change so much, just would be less edgy.
    But im talking about servants, if i had to pick just one least favourite nasuverse character , it should be Celenike , a psychotic without any reddeming quality that was there just you would feel bad for Astolfo, and back to Gilles, Ryonosuke is other one ( im not a fan of characters that kill just because and dont have more to their actions)

JP Friend Code
    This sure wont end well specially for Nero

I'll say Chiyome, don't like the art and her ascensions just make her worse... If I can count theirs status as Servants in GO then also Illya and Kuro

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    This sure wont end well specially for Nero

I'll say Chiyome, don't like the art and her ascensions just make her worse... If I can count theirs status as Servants in GO then also Illya and Kuro

Hey, you are form Argentina also

you dont like how they totally overshadowed OG Illya? Because i kinda feel the same

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    you dont like how they totally overshadowed OG Illya? Because i kinda feel the same
    Basically, not a fan of what they did to her and all related to Kaleid

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Mostly other people's waifu that hate my waifu!

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Hector. Not so much what he is, although what he is is pretty damn low on my list already (manipulative fake-smiling scruffy "ossan" that could've popped out of a mindbreak doujin) as for the fact that this is supposed to be motherfucking HECTOR OF MOTHERFUCKING TROY. A true hero who, unlike literally everyone else in the Trojan war, fought not for fame or fortune or hot chicks, but to defend his hearth and home. The man who, even though his brother was an unreliable cuckolding piece of shit and even though he barely knew him (Paris was raised by shepherds, if you'll recall), still went to bat for him even in front of the rest of his brothers because he was family, dammit. The guy who, when his army was cowering after Zeus sent an omen of destruction upon them, said "One omen is the most important, defending the homeland". This is the guy they made into a shitty, lazy, scruffy, manipulative "old man".

Yeah, you could say I'm salty about him just a lil' bit.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 18th, 2018 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Hector. Not so much what he is, although what he is is pretty damn low on my list already (manipulative fake-smiling scruffy "ossan" that could've popped out of a mindbreak doujin) as for the fact that this is supposed to be motherfucking HECTOR OF MOTHERFUCKING TROY. A true hero who, unlike literally everyone else in the Trojan war, fought not for fame or fortune or hot chicks, but to defend his hearth and home. The man who, even though his brother was an unreliable cuckolding piece of shit and even though he barely knew him (Paris was raised by shepherds, if you'll recall), still went to bat for him even in front of the rest of his brothers because he was family, dammit. The guy who, when his army was cowering after Zeus sent an omen of destruction upon them, said "One omen is the most important, defending the homeland". This is the guy they made into a shitty, lazy, scruffy, manipulative "old man".
    good points. Hector was always my fav Myth hero , he deserved more

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scruffy old man act aside, I see nothing in GO's Hector that conflicts with what you're described.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Scruffy old man act aside, I see nothing in GO's Hector that conflicts with what you're described.
    How about Okeanos, where the honest hero fake-smiled and back-stabbed his way through the entire arc?

Blog Entries
    I don't play GO. So based on FSN, FZ, FA and FA...

Apocrypha's Jack the Ripper highlights the worst of Type-Moon's nonsensical gender bending and otaku baiting tendencies. Sure, you can play off of Jack's anonymity all you want. That doesn't make an underage stripper with a mommy complex somehow clever or interesting.

You could have played the fetus ghost hive mind for all kinds of horror, but all it really accomplishes is driving Atalanta mad and making her even more of a furry.

You could have made her a meditation on what it means to linger after death vs a soul immortalized upon the Throne of Heroes, but no one really gets into the guts of the different kinds of afterlife, which is what made Archer's dilemma so intriguing.

She's a half-baked idea saddled with a terrible character design.

Hector was also the guy who tried to desecrate Patroclus's corpse more than once, and when the time came to pay the piper for what he had done, he ran like hell.

If you're using a Fate base, then Achilles had to use his fite me irl field to get him to stand still long enough to stand and fight.

While he was a mostly upstanding guy, he also came across as an incredibly petty person who only wanted to fight when he had the upper hand.
    Last edited by Imperial; May 18th, 2018 at 11:04 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    He's far from my least favourite Servant, but I really dislike Beowulf's design. If it was absolutely necessary to make some kind of pop culture reference, I'd have preferred it to be closer to Zemeckis' animated movie than Tyler Durden.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    While he was a mostly upstanding guy, he also came across as an incredibly petty person who only wanted to fight when he had the upper hand.
    That's practically everyone in "The Iliad".

Hector was also the guy who tried to desecrate Patroclus's corpse more than once, and when the time came to pay the piper for what he had done, he ran like hell.

If you're using a Fate base, then Achilles had to use his fite me irl field to get him to stand still long enough to stand and fight.

Untrue. Fights over corpses, their own people's and their enemies', broke out all over the Iliad. Claiming (what he thought was) Achilles' corpse would be the ultimate trophy, enough to stop the war entirely. We don't know what he was actually going to do with it, because at that point the real Achilles went out of his tent and spread ten kinds of slaughter all over the Trojans. On the contrary, Achilles was the one that denied even his final request to be given an honorable burial after he killed him, and dragged his corpse around the walls of Troy for three whole days. A deal which, mind you, he offered BEFORE their duel began, to be extended to whichever of them was the loser. If anyone was petty in the Illiad, it was most certainly Mr. "You insulted me so Imma sulk in my tent" Achilles.

Also, I'm not using whatever Fate has concocted up for him, because that is exactly what I'm complaining about.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

To be fair, who the fuck would fight Achilles if he didn't make them? The guy who you literally can't even scratch unless you're god-born, the canonically fastest hero of humanity, the guy who, in Greek myth, comes in second only to Heracles himself.

But yeah, I'd like a far more fitting design for him- actual Greek war hero, not scruffy old dude.

There aren't many Servants I actually dislike, but I do dislike a bunch of designs & design choices:

Boudicca, holy shit the only way they could've made her more of a generic H-doujin game protagonist would be if they made her Brave Liz, but they didn't even have the balls to go that far and make it a joke or a reference.
    Parvati, Nezha. Meh art. I don't know what it is, but it just looks generic as fuck.

Shuten & Raikou, but only because Raita apparently doesn't know the purpose of a spine. If it weren't for those stupid stick-out-your-chest-and-arse poses they'd be amazing.

A lot of the early Servants. They were basically made as one-note jokes, and while some of them are handled better later on (Caesar talking people out of their Christmas presents is a great one, Blackbeard and his admiration for Drake in Okeanos), there are a whole lot of really colourless ones.

Beowulf. He shoud've been what GoW Kratos is. The full-bearded muscular monster of a man. The Jojo reference is half-arsed at best, and I really thought his NP was gonna be him ripping his opponent in half or breaking off his weapons inside the enemy. And why does he get blacker each ascension, it's weird.

Orion. I'm in Atalanta's boat here, I'm fairly sure Artemis isn't supposed to be some lovestruck bimbo, but then, the Greek gods always were a touch more Lovecraftian than the other pantheons. Shapeshifting's probably in all their repertoires.

Siegfried. The armour & hair are overdesigned, and make him look like he got rejected for the part of the Four Kings. Also why is the one bloke who doesn't need it the most armoured bloke in the series?

ROMA. What even is that design. The Y pose was a great design choice, though.

Jack. Kinda. It makes a certain amount of sense that she'd go with the prostitute lingerie, given her origins, but it's still an off-colour design choice.

Holmes. Not in his design, though the missing hat is a travesty. In his presentation- the dude was a druggie, a sociopath, probably had some kind of attention deficit disorder to boot, considering how often he was bored and high as a kite. He's more hungry for stimulation than Cu is for a fight, how does he fit into the Ruler class?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    To be fair, who the fuck would fight Achilles if he didn't make them? The guy who you literally can't even scratch unless you're god-born, the canonically fastest hero of humanity, the guy who, in Greek myth, comes in second only to Heracles himself.

But yeah, I'd like a far more fitting design for him- actual Greek war hero, not scruffy old dude.

There aren't many Servants I actually dislike, but I do dislike a bunch of designs & design choices:

Boudicca, holy shit the only way they could've made her more of a generic H-doujin game protagonist would be if they made her Brave Liz, but they didn't even have the balls to go that far and make it a joke or a reference.
    Parvati, Nezha. Meh art. I don't know what it is, but it just looks generic as fuck.

Shuten & Raikou, but only because Raita apparently doesn't know the purpose of a spine. If it weren't for those stupid stick-out-your-chest-and-arse poses they'd be amazing.

A lot of the early Servants. They were basically made as one-note jokes, and while some of them are handled better later on (Caesar talking people out of their Christmas presents is a great one, Blackbeard and his admiration for Drake in Okeanos), there are a whole lot of really colourless ones.

Beowulf. He shoud've been what GoW Kratos is. The full-bearded muscular monster of a man. The Jojo reference is half-arsed at best, and I really thought his NP was gonna be him ripping his opponent in half or breaking off his weapons inside the enemy. And why does he get blacker each ascension, it's weird.

Orion. I'm in Atalanta's boat here, I'm fairly sure Artemis isn't supposed to be some lovestruck bimbo, but then, the Greek gods always were a touch more Lovecraftian than the other pantheons. Shapeshifting's probably in all their repertoires.

Siegfried. The armour & hair are overdesigned, and make him look like he got rejected for the part of the Four Kings. Also why is the one bloke who doesn't need it the most armoured bloke in the series?

ROMA. What even is that design. The Y pose was a great design choice, though.

Jack. Kinda. It makes a certain amount of sense that she'd go with the prostitute lingerie, given her origins, but it's still an off-colour design choice.

Holmes. Not in his design, though the missing hat is a travesty. In his presentation- the dude was a druggie, a sociopath, probably had some kind of attention deficit disorder to boot, considering how often he was bored and high as a kite. He's more hungry for stimulation than Cu is for a fight, how does he fit into the Ruler class?

Didnt tought about Holmes hat. He certnaly would look better with it, and a coat

JP Friend Code
    bad thread op

well, he was less of a jerk that literally every greek hero ( the ones in troy, sure. I will not merge poor Chiron in this stuff, lol)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    You don’t see a lot of Servants with beards

Beowulf and Sigurd should probably have them but yeah