Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91417181920212429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 817

Thread: Least favourite servant?

  1. #361
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,365
    Blog Entries
    1


    I mean you guys say “tan” but I’d say there’s more going on there than a little sun yeah

  2. #362
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I'm not gonna get into the whole debate with you guys, but I will say, if my options are "Choco-Love" or "Tanned Frenchman" I'll take the latter. Fate has generally been good at avoiding racist portrayals of ethnicity, even if at times going the opposite direction and damn near erasing it (The age old Gilgamesh argument), but I think the question mark of possibly racist erasure is better than the exclamation point of definitely racist cartoon.
    I mostly agree with that, and I must say on Gilgamesh that his portrayal in Fate is understandable because he is something that isn't human, so of course he won't be bound by silly human phenotypic restrictions.

  3. #363
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,202
    Blog Entries
    1
    He's basically exactly how you'd picture an animefied 1/4 black guy to look like. Except for the teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  4. #364
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,503
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I'm not gonna get into the whole debate with you guys, but I will say, if my options are "Choco-Love" or "Tanned Frenchman" I'll take the latter. Fate has generally been good at avoiding racist portrayals of ethnicity, even if at times going the opposite direction and damn near erasing it (The age old Gilgamesh argument), but I think the question mark of possibly racist erasure is better than the exclamation point of definitely racist cartoon.
    D-Meme.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  5. #365
    BORN TO REJOICE Walnut Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    WORLD IS A CHURCH
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    962
    Is he meant to be missing every other tooth, or are they there but red for some reason?
    Kill Em All 2004
    I am executor man
    410,757,864,530 DEAD APOSTLES

  6. #366
    Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,837
    Blog Entries
    25
    They're red.

  7. #367
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    3,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    D-Meme.
    Should not exist for a variety of reasons, but being visually a walking stereotype (or at least dangerously close to one) doesn't help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  8. #368
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Emerald Isle
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,587
    Blog Entries
    13
    I don't know what D-Meme means, can someone explain it to me, and perhaps its context in relation to what I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff

    Gallery for GO Servant profiles
    http://imgur.com/a/AJLl4

    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

    Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

  9. #369
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    3,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I don't know what D-Meme means, can someone explain it to me, and perhaps its context in relation to what I said?
    One of many unflattering nicknames for
    FGO spoiler
    Emiya Alter.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  10. #370
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    One of many unflattering nicknames for
    FGO spoiler
    Emiya Alter.
    Oh. I see. Personally, I think he looks like Budget Enrico Pucci.

  11. #371
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,912
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'll concede your point, but the Curse of Ham thing was just me poking fun at the silly typo in your post. Sorry if you found it offensive...
    It's ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I mostly agree with that, and I must say on Gilgamesh that his portrayal in Fate is understandable because he is something that isn't human, so of course he won't be bound by silly human phenotypic restrictions.
    So your argument is that a 2/3 demigod who is supposed to be a perfect human specimen should be portrayed as a blond Caucasian instead of a Middle-Easterner. Lovely.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    [...] but I think the question mark of possibly racist erasure is better than the exclamation point of definitely racist cartoon.
    And if those were the only two possible options in existence, I'd see your point, but they aren't, so...
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  12. #372
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    So your argument is that a 2/3 demigod who is supposed to be a perfect human specimen should be portrayed as a blond Caucasian instead of a Middle-Easterner. Lovely.
    But he isn't a Caucasian at all. He's clearly inhuman in nature, and although he has pale skin and golden blond hair, he cannot be defined as white. Besides, gold is the color of perfection and holiness and has been for the longest time. It splits him from the rest of the pack, and perhaps the pale skin was done to separate him from the other humans at the time, who had mostly darker skin. Not trying to be racist or anything because I personally am dark-skinned, but just saying.

  13. #373
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    3,534
    Also he has red eyes, just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  14. #374
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Also he has red eyes, just saying.
    Yeah, I forgot to say that. That, and he looks like a race-neutral caricature of boy-band idols, especially both Justins and K-pop idols.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; August 10th, 2018 at 02:54 PM.

  15. #375
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Emerald Isle
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,587
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    And if those were the only two possible options in existence, I'd see your point, but they aren't, so...
    Oh no, you're right, a respectful portrayal of ethnicity is the ideal and shouldn't be beyond possible, but to be quite frank, I don't quite trust modern artists to pull that off without some issue. So I'm willing to accept the lesser of two evils without much complaint so long as we're not replaying the era of black face and other heinous stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff

    Gallery for GO Servant profiles
    http://imgur.com/a/AJLl4

    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

    Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

  16. #376
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,506
    Aside from what Gau and Deathhappens already added, given Gil's goal in original Fate was basically to commit genocide I think portraying him as dark-skinned could have its own sort of unfortunate implications...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Besides, we already have Ramesses, who looks pretty much how I'd imagine a "racially accurate Gil" would. (As well as being significantly less of an asshole)

  17. #377
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Aside from what Gau and Deathhappens already added, given Gil's goal in original Fate was basically to commit genocide I think portraying him as dark-skinned could have its own sort of unfortunate implications...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Besides, we already have Ramesses, who looks pretty much how I'd imagine a "racially accurate Gil" would. (As well as being significantly less of an asshole)
    Ramesses is basically also dark-skinned DIO, black bodysuit and yellow jacket-thing included, while also being less of an asshole.

  18. #378
    the rage of a thousand white hot blinding suns of hateful fury Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,515
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Boudica takes it for obvious reasons.

    Shuten Doujin is disgusting, makes me really uncomfortable whenever I see one in an event or under my friends list and I really wish TM never did go there.

    Musashi angered me so much, I dropped FGO for a year, and little did I know how much more Shimosa would make me hate her.

    Wasted Potential: EX
    Mephistopheles

    Wasted Potential: A
    Kintoki
    Attila

    Wasted Potential: B
    Tesla
    Paracelsus
    Calamity Jane (thank god they never put her in the game)

    Wasted Potential: C
    Helena
    Marie

    Wasted Potential: E

    Ivan

  19. #379
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Shuten Doujin is disgusting, makes me really uncomfortable whenever I see one in an event or under my friends list and I really wish TM never did go there.
    If you mean the "loli" thing, I read that Shuten's appearance was actually heavily modelled after her real life voice actress, Aoi Yuki.

    So calling Shuten a loli or disgusting, even if you don't mean it that way (which I'm sure you don't), is actually a little insulting towards the real person she's based on IMO.

  20. #380
    the rage of a thousand white hot blinding suns of hateful fury Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,515
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    I didn't really know how she came to be this way, but it does not matter that much, since it won't change the result.

    She is, like, really viscerally repulsive to look at. The thirst for forbidden money of perverts that this predatory jailbait seethes with practically condenses inside the phone, and leaves my screen all foggy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    To be clear: It's the fanservice looks of the absolute worst kind that do it. At least Jack has a rag to put all over herself.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •