Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant Redesign Thread

Hohenhiem is great.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Hohenhiem is great.
    It's a shame Unsho Ishizuka is dead. We'll never hear his voice again.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    It's a shame Unsho Ishizuka is dead. We'll never hear his voice again.
    Just remember, we'll always have this.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Just remember, we'll always have this.
    A true dub gem.

US Friend Code
    That's not my problem. It's the airheaded, ambiguously innocent little girl. I actually would have liked a benevolent King of Nature type, and honestly, I feel Gilgamesh comes across as the aggressor no matter what version.
    Humbaba is airheaded? When I read her scene in SF she was way more scary then that.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Yeah I mean read this to the only time Humbaba speaks, does this sound like an airhead and innocent?
    The numerous words reverberated from the world itself into the dirt clod's core. The clod simply existed in the shadows of the forest and searched as the words commanded.
    It must know humans. It must meet the "complete" human that Utu was said to have raised.
    Then, when the air of the forest grew colder, "it" appeared before the lump of earth. The voices within the clod swelled, and it instinctively understood that this was the "complete human."
    The "thing" — "it" could be called neither he nor she — that the mud became aware of as it simply spread through the forest raised a cry—

A cry of perpetual hate and unending resentment for the whole world.

X X

In a forest.

"What's wrong? You sounded like you were having a nightmare."
    Enkidu gently stroked the back of his Master, the silver wolf, as it slowly opened its eyes. Seeing the light filtering through the surrounding trees, it rubbed its head against Enkidu in relief. After it let out a number of barks, Enkidu's face grew clouded and he addressed it in tones of heartfelt apology.
    "…I see. That must have been a memory from before I was born. I'm sorry for frightening you."
    Enkidu quietly closed his eyes. Then, recalling an age that was now long past, he murmured, half to himself:
    "Utu and the other gods — all except Ishtar and Ereshkigal — genuinely believed that 'she' was a 'complete human being.' Actually… If I hadn't met Shamhat and Gil after 'her,' I probably would have believed it too."
    The silver wolf let out a gentle keening, as if to comfort the sad-eyed Enkidu. Enkidu flashed the wolf a smile. Then, looking up at a starry sky slightly different from that of his own day, he spoke of the fate of the gods.

"At that point, it was probably already too late to stop their parting with the people of Babylonia."
    The thing he's talking about is Humbaba, while she could be innocent she is undoubtedly a monster though.

Like Berserker Enkidu in monster form is him emulating her after all. And he ain't pretty

anywhere than here

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Really? That's not historically accurate, but whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

I know his skin turned tan due to digging for Semiramis' catalyst, but I don't remember reading anything about his white hair. In any case, it's such a common anime thing that I don't actually mind. Also, I want Astolfo to be a manly man in drag as opposed to best boy in drag.
    His hair turned white from the stress of incarnation.

Also:

me: marie shouldn't be a servant
    also me: marie is literally perfect and anyone who says otherwise will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes

- - - Updated - - -

Also what's this about ANCIENT ALIENS and Tesla, Ratman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Also about Amakusa's tan. I think this was clarified but he didn't get a tan when he was in the Middle East, he made himself look tan so he would fit in when he was searching. I think that was something that was found out when that topic was brought up last time.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Also what's this about ANCIENT ALIENS and Tesla, Ratman?
    I mean Tesla's lore and looks come across like someone has collected knowledge about him exclusively through history channel, and youtube videos with a lots of capital letters and exclamation marks in name.

Kids even have this whole Teslapunk think these days, and you'd expect Heroic Spirit Tesla to be affected by it and look more like something from Red Alert. But he just looks nothing like any technology Tesla has actually worked on.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    He should have looked like Ziggy Stardust.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    big board of DOOM

Time to make everyone mad. I'll look at the FGO index and go case by case, though it feels like rather than redesign, some servants like Marie and Ivan just need to be wiped off the face of Earth, because making servants based on them was never a good idea.

Saber

- Similarly to the above, delete Altera with extreme prejudice, and replace her with proper Attila the Hun servant if you really feel it to be necessary to have him. He does not need to have a beard or be stinky and hairy, either. He's somewhere between rider and archer, is a womanizer, and still has a weird conceptual relationship with civilization, but now it's actually a point rather than a meme.
    - Tune down the pauldrons on Mordred, otherwise fine design, keep her as she is.
    - Just leave Lancelot as long-haired in both versions, he looks like a retard now.
    - Make Nero's origin costume in CCC her default costume.
    - Make Caesar wear something like it too, and make his sword not look christian. Otherwise change nothing, he's perfect.
    - delete Musashi(fake) and replace with Vagabond dude

Archer

- Dress Atalanta in furs, she looks like a magical girl as she is, it's honestly surprisingly off-putting how off-era she is.
    - Come up with a better explanation for why Tesla looks nothing like himself, or make him actually look like Tesla, or don't have him at all. If you have him, have him written with more respect and less ancient aliens .
    - Get rid of the gay laser stuff Napoleon has going on, maybe make the cannon less ridiculous and his hair darker, he's fine for the most part but really hits the uncanny valley where too many details are off.
    (special prize for Archer class being either on point or having a good excuse for looking stupid on serious characters)

Lancer
    - Make Liz less pop-culture based outside of CCC. You can get pretty much the same thing without off-period concepts. This should let her clash less with Carmilla, who is a much better design as it stands.
    - Make Fionn bigger overall, though not as big as Fergus. Finn McCool has to be a big dude.
    - Bryn's concept is actually shockingly stupid when not allowed to slip into the other stupid concepts out there. The personality is good, but make her wear something that looks less like a school uniform. I mean she wields literally a heart-shaped giant popsicle and calls it a Noble Phantasm, do people really take this character seriously? Give her a real spear and make the NP something else, a heart locket, maybe.

Rider
    - George needs to have less of a mix of an armor and overcoat. There, I said it. You want to make him look like a knight, give him something less bafflingly impractical. I have high standards for my boy is all.
    - Take Boudica and Marie behind the shed
    - Make Summer Martha Martha's regular design, or get rid of the cleavage, you're depicting a saint.
    - Keep Drake as she is but make the queen bit openly canon.
    - Make Mary and Anne less One Piece - proportioned. Make Mary look like a person that can actually swing a sword, give her at least minimal muscle.

Caster

- Have Helena be older and more dressed but just as sassy, character and concept are fine, but they'd work much better (ie feel more obviously intentionally out of place) on a regular looking person.
    - Delete Mephistopheles, there's no saving him short of throwing the whole thing into trash.
    - Base Nursery Rhyme on actual depictions of females in fairy tales. Not just Alice, but also Little Red Riding Hood etc. Make it a whole thing, like Jack the ripper, sticking to the CCC design based on the one master that Nursery Rhyme kinda sorta had that one time in a timeline that does not really matter as an example of anything and could not connect to the throne anyway is one of the stupidest, laziest things that exist in Fate lore.
    - Make Sanzang look less obviously and more subtly slutty.
    - Get rid of the whole Skadi=Scat business, give her her own design, she is her own person.

Assassin

- Make more Hassans. Everyone likes Hassans. Make more Hassans that are not girls, they're much lamer than boy Hassans and have cooties.
    - Get rid of Sanson's stupid horse pauldrons, just the coat and a regular executioner's sword is fine.
    - Give Mata Hari a damn knife.
    - Give Jack the cloak and never let her take it off. Also make her much more prominently a terrifying mass of ghost fetuses that is not in any way cute or adorable unless you actually are Urobuchi Gen.
    - I don't know how to properly unfuck Shuten, but making her a dude and an actual Oni, club and all, would be a start. There is more stuff in her legend to draw onto, dammit. He was 50 feet in height, had a red body and a five-horned head, with fifteen eyes; one leg was white and the other black, while his arms were yellow and blue sounds pretty metal, I don't see how making him into this abomination of design is necessary or justified.
    - Much in the same vein, delete Wu
    - Give Osakabehime a more serious looking design, she could have potentials if not hardlocked into memes.

Berserker

- Use that one artbook design for Kintoki. You know, the one with the black hair and an axe. His regular design with the WH40k looking chainaxe is terrible. He looks nothing like himself and has no reason or excuse to look nothing like himself and it hurts because he's decently endearing. Give him a NP that is not golden spark and has actual reason in his legend to exist.
    - Frankenstein should be ugly. It's the whole point. She can be a woman, that's not an issue, but she needs to be repulsive.
    - Caligula should not be a servant
    - Make Darius less of a cliche, I guess.
    - Maybe give Beowulf some period clothing and make it his regular design next to the gay mag pinup he has going on right now.
    - Make Raikou look more respectable to legend, I guess. I don't know where to begin, unlike Shuten it does not feel like the entire thing quite belongs in the trash, but at least 50% of it does.
    - Ibaraki almost has it, but make her look even more inhuman.

Extra
    (rather than above, where 'the ones not mentioned are fine in given context', everyone not mentioned here does not deserve to exist)
    - Jeanne is good but hide the thighs and make the crown thing less dumb looking, go for a circlet if helmet isn't going to look good.
    - Marik is an unfortunate victim of wanting to mess with the fanbase through the whole 'kotomine shirou' thing, resulting in him not looking like himself at all. He shoulda actually be wearing late samurai armor and have black hair, plenty of depictions, alas. You had one opportunity to naturally do an interesting design with making a christian samurai and ya blew it. The entire magecraft thing you gave him doesn't even make sense because he died when he was like, 17.
    - Holmes should not be a Ruler, you just did it to have him be a special snowflake and you know it. The entire grail thing is a really paperthin excuse, but visually he's fine.
    - Gorgon should look more inhuman and should probably not be summonable.
    - Lobo doesn't really need the entire headless rider bit to be incredibly cool.
    - All the other Avengers are fine
    - The entire Alterego class goes into trash.
    - So does the entire Foreigner class, except Hokusai would be fine as Caster, as either a dude or girl.

I was with you up until making Frankenstein ugly.
    Sorry, I can't.

I'm gonna single out MAKE NURSERY RHYME MORE UNIQUE as the best suggestion of the lot, though.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Most of the time I wouldn't bother changing Servant designs even if I didn't care for them... However, there are two execptions to this.

Frankenstein - Being female is fine, but would've really preferred a more zombie look a la Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas or Cindry from One Piece.

Shuten Douji - The whole loli oni isn't nearly as badass as I wanted Shuten to be. I was hoping we'd get something closer to Shishime Iihiko from Medaka Box, now that is a dude you wouldn't want to run into a dark ally.
    Shishime Iihiko
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Rubber Band: EX
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Thanks for reminding me I need to maybe someday finish Medaka Box.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    I don't mind Shuten being petite. The One Piece's Kaidou look should be reserved for full oni mode Otakemaru.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'd say that'd make for some iffy Suzuka doujins, but Suzuka barely gets any as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, the real question is what kind of girl Sutoku is. If Tamamo is titty fox and Shuten is a loli oni, would Sutoku be a yamato nadeshiko?
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Have we got confirmation that Sutoku is a gender bend yet?

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Time to make everyone mad. I'll look at the FGO index and go case by case, though it feels like rather than redesign, some servants like Marie and Ivan just need to be wiped off the face of Earth, because making servants based on them was never a good idea.

Saber

- Similarly to the above, delete Altera with extreme prejudice, and replace her with proper Attila the Hun servant if you really feel it to be necessary to have him. He does not need to have a beard or be stinky and hairy, either. He's somewhere between rider and archer, is a womanizer, and still has a weird conceptual relationship with civilization, but now it's actually a point rather than a meme.
    - Tune down the pauldrons on Mordred, otherwise fine design, keep her as she is.
    - Just leave Lancelot as long-haired in both versions, he looks like a retard now.
    - Make Nero's origin costume in CCC her default costume.
    - Make Caesar wear something like it too, and make his sword not look christian. Otherwise change nothing, he's perfect.
    - delete Musashi(fake) and replace with Vagabond dude

Archer

- Dress Atalanta in furs, she looks like a magical girl as she is, it's honestly surprisingly off-putting how off-era she is.
    - Come up with a better explanation for why Tesla looks nothing like himself, or make him actually look like Tesla, or don't have him at all. If you have him, have him written with more respect and less ancient aliens .
    - Get rid of the gay laser stuff Napoleon has going on, maybe make the cannon less ridiculous and his hair darker, he's fine for the most part but really hits the uncanny valley where too many details are off.
    (special prize for Archer class being either on point or having a good excuse for looking stupid on serious characters)

Lancer
    - Make Liz less pop-culture based outside of CCC. You can get pretty much the same thing without off-period concepts. This should let her clash less with Carmilla, who is a much better design as it stands.
    - Make Fionn bigger overall, though not as big as Fergus. Finn McCool has to be a big dude.
    - Bryn's concept is actually shockingly stupid when not allowed to slip into the other stupid concepts out there. The personality is good, but make her wear something that looks less like a school uniform. I mean she wields literally a heart-shaped giant popsicle and calls it a Noble Phantasm, do people really take this character seriously? Give her a real spear and make the NP something else, a heart locket, maybe.

Rider
    - George needs to have less of a mix of an armor and overcoat. There, I said it. You want to make him look like a knight, give him something less bafflingly impractical. I have high standards for my boy is all.
    - Take Boudica and Marie behind the shed
    - Make Summer Martha Martha's regular design, or get rid of the cleavage, you're depicting a saint.
    - Keep Drake as she is but make the queen bit openly canon.
    - Make Mary and Anne less One Piece - proportioned. Make Mary look like a person that can actually swing a sword, give her at least minimal muscle.

Caster

- Have Helena be older and more dressed but just as sassy, character and concept are fine, but they'd work much better (ie feel more obviously intentionally out of place) on a regular looking person.
    - Delete Mephistopheles, there's no saving him short of throwing the whole thing into trash.
    - Base Nursery Rhyme on actual depictions of females in fairy tales. Not just Alice, but also Little Red Riding Hood etc. Make it a whole thing, like Jack the ripper, sticking to the CCC design based on the one master that Nursery Rhyme kinda sorta had that one time in a timeline that does not really matter as an example of anything and could not connect to the throne anyway is one of the stupidest, laziest things that exist in Fate lore.
    - Make Sanzang look less obviously and more subtly slutty.
    - Get rid of the whole Skadi=Scat business, give her her own design, she is her own person.

Assassin

- Make more Hassans. Everyone likes Hassans. Make more Hassans that are not girls, they're much lamer than boy Hassans and have cooties.
    - Get rid of Sanson's stupid horse pauldrons, just the coat and a regular executioner's sword is fine.
    - Give Mata Hari a damn knife.
    - Give Jack the cloak and never let her take it off. Also make her much more prominently a terrifying mass of ghost fetuses that is not in any way cute or adorable unless you actually are Urobuchi Gen.
    - I don't know how to properly unfuck Shuten, but making her a dude and an actual Oni, club and all, would be a start. There is more stuff in her legend to draw onto, dammit. He was 50 feet in height, had a red body and a five-horned head, with fifteen eyes; one leg was white and the other black, while his arms were yellow and blue sounds pretty metal, I don't see how making him into this abomination of design is necessary or justified.
    - Much in the same vein, delete Wu
    - Give Osakabehime a more serious looking design, she could have potentials if not hardlocked into memes.

Berserker

- Use that one artbook design for Kintoki. You know, the one with the black hair and an axe. His regular design with the WH40k looking chainaxe is terrible. He looks nothing like himself and has no reason or excuse to look nothing like himself and it hurts because he's decently endearing. Give him a NP that is not golden spark and has actual reason in his legend to exist.
    - Frankenstein should be ugly. It's the whole point. She can be a woman, that's not an issue, but she needs to be repulsive.
    - Caligula should not be a servant
    - Make Darius less of a cliche, I guess.
    - Maybe give Beowulf some period clothing and make it his regular design next to the gay mag pinup he has going on right now.
    - Make Raikou look more respectable to legend, I guess. I don't know where to begin, unlike Shuten it does not feel like the entire thing quite belongs in the trash, but at least 50% of it does.
    - Ibaraki almost has it, but make her look even more inhuman.

Extra
    (rather than above, where 'the ones not mentioned are fine in given context', everyone not mentioned here does not deserve to exist)
    - Jeanne is good but hide the thighs and make the crown thing less dumb looking, go for a circlet if helmet isn't going to look good.
    - Marik is an unfortunate victim of wanting to mess with the fanbase through the whole 'kotomine shirou' thing, resulting in him not looking like himself at all. He shoulda actually be wearing late samurai armor and have black hair, plenty of depictions, alas. You had one opportunity to naturally do an interesting design with making a christian samurai and ya blew it. The entire magecraft thing you gave him doesn't even make sense because he died when he was like, 17.
    - Holmes should not be a Ruler, you just did it to have him be a special snowflake and you know it. The entire grail thing is a really paperthin excuse, but visually he's fine.
    - Gorgon should look more inhuman and should probably not be summonable.
    - Lobo doesn't really need the entire headless rider bit to be incredibly cool.
    - All the other Avengers are fine
    - The entire Alterego class goes into trash.
    - So does the entire Foreigner class, except Hokusai would be fine as Caster, as either a dude or girl.

you kinda had me until the delete Musashi part. First, she is for other world, you still can have your male one. Second, how you dare...XD

- - - Updated - - -

about Amakua, it really doesnt make any sense that he have the tan look and white hair when we summon him in GO

JP Friend Code
    I'd say that'd make for some iffy Suzuka doujins, but Suzuka barely gets any as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, the real question is what kind of girl Sutoku is. If Tamamo is titty fox and Shuten is a loli oni, would Sutoku be a yamato nadeshiko?
    Well you see the actual original 3 great monsters of Japan are: Tamamo, Shuten-doji, Otakemaru. Sutoku being in there is much later fabrication. He is actually part of the group of 3 great vengeful spirits of Japan, together with Masakado and Michizane.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Yeah I mean read this to the only time Humbaba speaks, does this sound like an airhead and innocent?

The thing he's talking about is Humbaba, while she could be innocent she is undoubtedly a monster though.

Like Berserker Enkidu in monster form is him emulating her after all. And he ain't pretty
    Oh. I'll admit to fundamentally misunderstanding TM Humbaba then. I like her now.