Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant Redesign Thread

I feel like I'm the only in the world that doesn't like the helmet.

Blog Entries
    I like it more than I like looking at his dumb face

rude

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I feel like I'm the only in the world that doesn't like the helmet.
    It's not great but it's so much better than that cape.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Arthur's shortcape is rad and his helmet is only good for when he's slaughtering innocents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    It's not great but it's so much better than that cape.
    Eh. My only problem with the cape is that I have no idea how it's connected to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Now I'm stuck considering which is squickier, fucking someone with the mind of an adult but the body of a 10 year old or someone with the body of an adult but the mind of a 10 year old.

Latter seems to be winning.
    IDK ask Kiritsugu. If I were to redesign the Servants I'd probably reset them all to the Aesthetic standard set by Fate/Zero-Stay Night with a general rule that if I can't replace any of those characters with one of the new servants and not blink than their design needs to go. I'd probably redesign any Saberface that doesn't have at least the same level of deviation as Jeanne D'arc (and I wouldn't touch that one because it was actually a plot point.) As far as genderbending and re-genderbending, I could go either way on that but I'd feel a not so inconsiderable amount of spite towards anything made to pander to Otaku's. I'd probably try to balance out the frame's of characters that fell prey to Japan's boob fetish. Probably coming off as the no fanservice guy but I actually liked Medusa's design and I'd hardly consider that subtle.

Ivan could use an actual face

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As I probably mentioned before, Nezha could do with a dudou or lotus bikini... Also, an interlude where she is tied up in a compromising position by a red-haired crab demon lord, who wants to eat her (because that totally happened).

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Time to make everyone mad. I'll look at the FGO index and go case by case, though it feels like rather than redesign, some servants like Marie and Ivan just need to be wiped off the face of Earth, because making servants based on them was never a good idea.

Saber

- Similarly to the above, delete Altera with extreme prejudice, and replace her with proper Attila the Hun servant if you really feel it to be necessary to have him. He does not need to have a beard or be stinky and hairy, either. He's somewhere between rider and archer, is a womanizer, and still has a weird conceptual relationship with civilization, but now it's actually a point rather than a meme.
    - Tune down the pauldrons on Mordred, otherwise fine design, keep her as she is.
    - Just leave Lancelot as long-haired in both versions, he looks like a retard now.
    - Make Nero's origin costume in CCC her default costume.
    - Make Caesar wear something like it too, and make his sword not look christian. Otherwise change nothing, he's perfect.
    - delete Musashi(fake) and replace with Vagabond dude

Archer

- Dress Atalanta in furs, she looks like a magical girl as she is, it's honestly surprisingly off-putting how off-era she is.
    - Come up with a better explanation for why Tesla looks nothing like himself, or make him actually look like Tesla, or don't have him at all. If you have him, have him written with more respect and less ancient aliens .
    - Get rid of the gay laser stuff Napoleon has going on, maybe make the cannon less ridiculous and his hair darker, he's fine for the most part but really hits the uncanny valley where too many details are off.
    (special prize for Archer class being either on point or having a good excuse for looking stupid on serious characters)

Lancer
    - Make Liz less pop-culture based outside of CCC. You can get pretty much the same thing without off-period concepts. This should let her clash less with Carmilla, who is a much better design as it stands.
    - Make Fionn bigger overall, though not as big as Fergus. Finn McCool has to be a big dude.
    - Bryn's concept is actually shockingly stupid when not allowed to slip into the other stupid concepts out there. The personality is good, but make her wear something that looks less like a school uniform. I mean she wields literally a heart-shaped giant popsicle and calls it a Noble Phantasm, do people really take this character seriously? Give her a real spear and make the NP something else, a heart locket, maybe.

Rider
    - George needs to have less of a mix of an armor and overcoat. There, I said it. You want to make him look like a knight, give him something less bafflingly impractical. I have high standards for my boy is all.
    - Take Boudica and Marie behind the shed
    - Make Summer Martha Martha's regular design, or get rid of the cleavage, you're depicting a saint.
    - Keep Drake as she is but make the queen bit openly canon.
    - Make Mary and Anne less One Piece - proportioned. Make Mary look like a person that can actually swing a sword, give her at least minimal muscle.

Caster

- Have Helena be older and more dressed but just as sassy, character and concept are fine, but they'd work much better (ie feel more obviously intentionally out of place) on a regular looking person.
    - Delete Mephistopheles, there's no saving him short of throwing the whole thing into trash.
    - Base Nursery Rhyme on actual depictions of females in fairy tales. Not just Alice, but also Little Red Riding Hood etc. Make it a whole thing, like Jack the ripper, sticking to the CCC design based on the one master that Nursery Rhyme kinda sorta had that one time in a timeline that does not really matter as an example of anything and could not connect to the throne anyway is one of the stupidest, laziest things that exist in Fate lore.
    - Make Sanzang look less obviously and more subtly slutty.
    - Get rid of the whole Skadi=Scat business, give her her own design, she is her own person.

Assassin

- Make more Hassans. Everyone likes Hassans. Make more Hassans that are not girls, they're much lamer than boy Hassans and have cooties.
    - Get rid of Sanson's stupid horse pauldrons, just the coat and a regular executioner's sword is fine.
    - Give Mata Hari a damn knife.
    - Give Jack the cloak and never let her take it off. Also make her much more prominently a terrifying mass of ghost fetuses that is not in any way cute or adorable unless you actually are Urobuchi Gen.
    - I don't know how to properly unfuck Shuten, but making her a dude and an actual Oni, club and all, would be a start. There is more stuff in her legend to draw onto, dammit. He was 50 feet in height, had a red body and a five-horned head, with fifteen eyes; one leg was white and the other black, while his arms were yellow and blue sounds pretty metal, I don't see how making him into this abomination of design is necessary or justified.
    - Much in the same vein, delete Wu
    - Give Osakabehime a more serious looking design, she could have potentials if not hardlocked into memes.

Berserker

- Use that one artbook design for Kintoki. You know, the one with the black hair and an axe. His regular design with the WH40k looking chainaxe is terrible. He looks nothing like himself and has no reason or excuse to look nothing like himself and it hurts because he's decently endearing. Give him a NP that is not golden spark and has actual reason in his legend to exist.
    - Frankenstein should be ugly. It's the whole point. She can be a woman, that's not an issue, but she needs to be repulsive.
    - Caligula should not be a servant
    - Make Darius less of a cliche, I guess.
    - Maybe give Beowulf some period clothing and make it his regular design next to the gay mag pinup he has going on right now.
    - Make Raikou look more respectable to legend, I guess. I don't know where to begin, unlike Shuten it does not feel like the entire thing quite belongs in the trash, but at least 50% of it does.
    - Ibaraki almost has it, but make her look even more inhuman.

Extra
    (rather than above, where 'the ones not mentioned are fine in given context', everyone not mentioned here does not deserve to exist)
    - Jeanne is good but hide the thighs and make the crown thing less dumb looking, go for a circlet if helmet isn't going to look good.
    - Marik is an unfortunate victim of wanting to mess with the fanbase through the whole 'kotomine shirou' thing, resulting in him not looking like himself at all. He shoulda actually be wearing late samurai armor and have black hair, plenty of depictions, alas. You had one opportunity to naturally do an interesting design with making a christian samurai and ya blew it. The entire magecraft thing you gave him doesn't even make sense because he died when he was like, 17.
    - Holmes should not be a Ruler, you just did it to have him be a special snowflake and you know it. The entire grail thing is a really paperthin excuse, but visually he's fine.
    - Gorgon should look more inhuman and should probably not be summonable.
    - Lobo doesn't really need the entire headless rider bit to be incredibly cool.
    - All the other Avengers are fine
    - The entire Alterego class goes into trash.
    - So does the entire Foreigner class, except Hokusai would be fine as Caster, as either a dude or girl.
    Last edited by Ratman; October 5th, 2018 at 12:40 AM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I disagree about Holmes. Even in his source material, he often was an impartial arbiter of justice. He was there to enforce the law of the times, and he never voiced any opinions or commentary on it, even if it hindered his case. He was a man of the rules of his time, so him being a Ruler actually makes sense.

Saber
    Keep Atilla the Hun as the remains of the White Titan, but make him a dude and something more similar to the sparse records of him.

Make RAMA look LESS LIKE SITA, and GIVE HIM FUCKING BLUE SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditch Sigurd's glasses.

Assassin:
    Cannot disagree about Shuten.
    We do need more of the Hassans. There are 19, and we got maybe 6 at best?
    Strike loli Jack from canon

Rider:
    Make Drake a dude again. There are actual female pirates that could use Servant spots.

Archer:
    Arjuna. Make Pashupata as strong or stronger than Excalibur.
    Give us Karna, now.

Lancer:
    Make Karna not look like an anorexic elf or a JoJo Part V character. Give him darker skin, a mustache, and we're good to go.

Also, about Jeanne. How dare you want to hide her glorious thighs?! My libido wants them!
    As for Jalter...reset the universe so she never existed.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; October 5th, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Asking for the Drake = Elizabeth thing to be openly canon implies that right now it’s double secret eyebrow waggling canon when actually the canon is they’re ACTUALLY separate people for real but since they’ve got a connection Drake has a soft spot for female rulers (like Nero)

JP Friend Code
    sorry but napoleon has been claimed by the gays so the rainbow is required

heteros do not interact

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Asking for the Drake = Elizabeth thing to be openly canon implies that right now it’s double secret eyebrow waggling canon when actually the canon is they’re ACTUALLY separate people for real but since they’ve got a connection Drake has a soft spot for female rulers (like Nero)
    Is there really more material to extrapolate this from other than the one line in Extra?

Also, about Amakusa, basically all his thaumaturgy was a miracle from God, specifically his left and right arms, which fits his status as an apocryphal saint. Also, totally want a less fatass Caesar.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Regarding Amakusa, am I imagining this or was it stated somewhere that his hair was originally black like in history, but turned white from the trauma of seeing his fellow revolutionaries slaughtered?

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    sorry but napoleon has been claimed by the gays so the rainbow is required

heteros do not interact
    Really? That's not historically accurate, but whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Regarding Amakusa, am I imagining this or was it stated somewhere that his hair was originally black like in history, but turned white from the trauma of seeing his fellow revolutionaries slaughtered?
    I know his skin turned tan due to digging for Semiramis' catalyst, but I don't remember reading anything about his white hair. In any case, it's such a common anime thing that I don't actually mind. Also, I want Astolfo to be a manly man in drag as opposed to best boy in drag.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Is there really more material to extrapolate this from other than the one line in Extra?
    There was a line in Nasu’s notes in the Last Encore script where he was like “due to the connection between Drake and Elizabeth She has a soft spot for female rulers” or smth to that effect which I guess if you squint real hard yo could interpret the connection as being the same person but idk it kind of just sounds like they’re just Very Good Friends to me

Also, I want a non-joke, male Nobunaga who doesn't look like a messed-up 13 year old.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, replace Ishtarin entirely with FSF Ishtar. I like the fact that Ishtarin shows us Rin's better traits by virtue of them holding back Ishtar's worst traits, but at the same time, Filia/Ishtar is just badass.

JP Friend Code
    Broke: Drake and Queen Elizabeth are the same person

Woke: Drake and Queen Elizabeth were girlfriends