Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So concerning the new interview from Nasu and a personal statement

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

So concerning the new interview from Nasu and a personal statement

(This is my first post, I don't think there will be any mistakes, but please warn me if something happen)

So, first I will be referencing this new interview from Nasu WHICH HAVE SPOILERS FROM FGO OR AT LEAST LEAD YOU TO THEM OK good
    Original
    https://www.4gamer.net/games/266/G026651/20181228023/

Translation
    https://oneofepisodes.wordpress.com/...x-kinoko-nasu/

https://oneofepisodes.wordpress.com/...x-kinoko-nasu/

There are lots of things said there but I will focus on the fact that it is making the FGO subreddit filled with doomposts which is about FGO ending as a whole. This was already made clear that it is just Nasu implying that he won't be doing his overseer work anymore and I believe he won't be participating like he explained on production (although I might need to read again to see if I'm not wrong).

Anyway, the focus of this post and the uncommon initiative of posting here (as I kinda only use BL as a source and not really needed to participate before) is the fact that I made a promisse of abandoning Typemoon and all fan-dedication I had since I first watched Fate and Read Tsukihime which were more than 10 years ago.

I won't try to defend my reason for abadoning but for context I'll try to summarize it:
    Spoiler:
    There are some lore choices that came since Extra that are making me mad day by day. At the time when I played Extra I payed it no mind because "it was all just a spinoff that I should not mind too much" but when FGO started, and some aspects related to canonicity were revelead, I went nuts. This added by the fact that I want at least an update on Tsukihime Remake or whatever that is not Fate just make things worse. Moreover, recent Fate works are not even that good and I am tired of holy grail wars and what ifs. And the fact that the model for telling the most important things are on a mobile game, which is the single worst place to tell a story imo. Then add the fact that pretty much everyone beside me loves what is happening on the franchise which makes my rant only look weird. The conclusion was that things were not for me, maybe I became a boring adult and just have to move on. An so that was what I chose. I made an cliché promise like "If by the New Years won't have not a single update, even for 'I'm working on it' of any non-Fate work, I will never consume anything from the mushroom again". And well, here I am 3 days from New Years.

TL;DR I hated what FGO changed in the nasuverse, I'm mad because of no non-fate related updates and made a promise to abandon TM by new years if nothing shows up.

However, I know that I'm just frustrated for not having things that I really love (I'm more of a Tsukihime fan and I like Mahoyo and Kara no Kyoukai much more than whatever Fate has) so I came here to see other people opnions about my perspective. I already did it on other places, like the forum where first encountered people who loved TM as well. But it seems that most people don't care for what I said or just plainly disagree with what is happening, aside from 1 or 2. So, I thought "maybe going on a place like Beast's Lair should be something I needed to do before I give up everything". Ya know, much people think that BL has an aura of "TM senpai group which should be respected and preserved" which actually makes people don't want to post here (although it seems to be somewhat intended).

But anyway, go ahead and just throw whatever you have at me. Although it seems kinda dumb, this will be an important shift in my current objectives if I really do that, so I want to make clear I made the right decision.
    Last edited by migliole; January 2nd, 2019 at 01:42 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry but this is a pretty lukewarm take these days
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    I want more Tsukihime too but only if it comes with a gacha because my iPhone going “puchin!” on the currency purchase screen is the only thing capable of tickling my dopamine receptors anymore

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Drugs, sex and/or rock n' roll might help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by migliole View Post
    (This is my first post, I don't think there will be any mistakes, but please warn me if something happen)

So, first I will be referencing this new interview from Nasu WHICH HAVE SPOILERS FROM FGO OR AT LEAST LEAD YOU TO THEM OK good

There are lots of things said there but I will focus on the fact that it is making the FGO subreddit filled with doomposts which is about FGO ending as a whole. This was already made clear that it is just Nasu implying that he won't be doing his overseer work anymore and I believe he won't be participating like he explained on production (although I might need to read again to see if I'm not wrong).

Anyway, the focus of this post and the uncommon initiative of posting here (as I kinda only use BL as a source and not really needed to participate before) is the fact that I made a promisse of abandoning Typemoon and all fan-dedication I had since I first watched Fate and Read Tsukihime which were more than 10 years ago.

I won't try to defend my reason for abadoning but for context I'll try to summarize it:
    Spoiler:
    There are some lore choices that came since Extra that are making me mad day by day. At the time when I played Extra I payed it no mind because "it was all just a spinoff that I should not mind too much" but when FGO started, and some aspects related to canonicity were revelead, I went nuts. This added by the fact that I want at least an update on Tsukihime Remake or whatever that is not Fate just make things worse. Moreover, recent Fate works are not even that good and I am tired of holy grail wars and what ifs. And the fact that the model for telling the most important things are on a mobile game, which is the single worst place to tell a story imo. Then add the fact that pretty much everyone beside me loves what is happening on the franchise which makes my rant only look weird. The conclusion was that things were not for me, maybe I became a boring adult and just have to move on. An so that was what I chose. I made an cliché promise like "If by the New Years won't have not a single update, even for 'I'm working on it' of any non-Fate work, I will never consume anything from the mushroom again". And well, here I am 3 days from New Years.

TL;DR I hated what FGO changed in the nasuverse, I'm mad because of no non-fate related updates and made a promisse to abandon TM by new years if nothing shows up.

However, I know that I'm just frustrated for not having things that I really love (I'm more of a Tsukihime fan and I like Mahoyo and Kara no Kyoukai much more than whatever Fate has) so I came here to see other people opnions about my perspective. I already did it on other places, like the forum where first encountered people who loved TM as well. But it seems that most people don't care for what I said or just plainly disagree with what is happening, aside from 1 or 2. So, I thought "maybe going on a place like Beast's Lair should be something I needed to do before I give up everything". Ya know, much people think that BL has an aura of "TM senpai group which should be respected and preserved" which actually makes people don't want to post here (although it seems to be somewhat intended).

But anyway, go ahead and just throw whatever you have at me. Although it seems kinda dumb, this will be an important shift in my current objectives if I really do that, so I want to make clear I made the right decision.
    Your tl;dr is tl;dr and promise only needs one s. But yes, you're not the only one who dislikes FGO and its influence on Type Moon.
    Though one wonders why you visit the FGO subreddit if this is the case...
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's all fine and good and I think in general quitting is a lot better than sticking around to complain about other people continuing to like a thing you no longer like, but I don't really know what you expect us to do with a "here's why I'm leaving" announcement by someone who has never made a post before

Blog Entries
    Is there anything in that interview worth reading?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nasu comparing Undertale to Danganronpa

Blog Entries
    I liked undertale

whats a danganronpa
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Phoenix Wright's inbred cousin.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Its great
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Danganronpa is what happens when you mix 1999's Battle Royale with Boogiepop-era LNs and 07th Expansion, alongside a helping of the Truman Show. It's great.
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    GG new guy, have fun in greener pastures. Hating FGO and Fate would be a lot easier than liking a decent few parts of it.
    Is there anything in that interview worth reading?
    Nasu has entrusted authorial directorship of any and all FGO that comes after the conclusion of part 2 to Gen Urobuchi, as Urobuchi is the writer that most understands and bears out Nasu's creative vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    You lack subtlety, young one.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    You lack subtlety, young one.
    You summarised the interview over at the Grand Order Story and Lore thread, here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2939894.

Blog Entries
    nasu's favourite movies are Big Fish, Gattaca, and the utena movie
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Goddamit Universe, I'll watch the Utena movie, stop nagging already
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by migliole View Post

Spoiler:

TL;DR I hated what FGO changed in the nasuverse, I'm mad because of no non-fate related updates and made a promisse to abandon TM by new years if nothing shows up.

So you hate new lores, gotcha.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion on that tho so no I won't throw anything at you.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Migliole, isn't this a blog post?

I'm not judging, mind you. This just seems better suited to the blog section.

I won't deny that you have a valid opinion though.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Though one wonders why you visit the FGO subreddit if this is the case...
    I think it is important to see all perspectives, even of those you don't agree with, to have a good grasp of whatever is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    ...but I don't really know what you expect us to do with a "here's why I'm leaving" announcement by someone who has never made a post before
    This is not a "I'm leaving" but rather I would be something like a "visitor making a research". My focus is to read what people from this forum think about such decision, which is what you all are doing already. So, just keep going as you would naturally react, until there is no reason to answer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by An Abstract Platypus? View Post
    Migliole, isn't this a blog post?

I'm not judging, mind you. This just seems better suited to the blog section.

I won't deny that you have a valid opinion though.
    It might be, although it is just a random post and pretty much the only one I will make here for a long time. But I will check that section if I happen to need to post again.
    Last edited by migliole; December 29th, 2018 at 12:05 PM.

The sooner Nasu gives up on TM and indulges his passions with Ikuhara with an anime about space courtesans, the better.