Page 1 of 43 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

JP Friend Code

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

I had seen the 3 series sometime last year, but got hooked recently when was reading the mangas and reached Force, which is pure awesomeness (and strangely enough has a male MC). Now I'm going trough the sound stages.
    Played also the PSP game, which is strangely familiar, for some reason: the remains of season two big bad is creating copies of the characters from their memories and regrets and etc, including evil twins.
    And since this is lacking in debate, I think Nanoha should have paired with Yuuno. There, I said it.

So... well, I don't know, post pics or whatever.
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I loved Season 1 and I'm planning to see the other 3 seasons as well. Also, NanoFate forever!
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    I've seen the first, second, and third seasons of MGLN as well as the various mangas. I like it so far.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Crack/Fanon pairing Yuuno/Hayate forever.
    And PSP Battle of Aces is hilarious. DBZ RIP OFF WITH USE YOUR SUPER BY MASHING ONE BUTTON!!!

And on a more serious note, FORCE needs to be fucking animated. With a good budget and direction.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by MZeroX View Post
    And PSP Battle of Aces is hilarious. DBZ RIP OFF WITH USE YOUR SUPER BY MASHING ONE BUTTON!!!
    At least a couple of difficulty levels would have been nice

And on a more serious note, FORCE needs to be fucking animated. With a good budget and direction.
    This person speaketh the truth

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Blog Entries
    For the sake of continuity, though, I think Vivid should go first in animation. I mean, doesn't anyone want to look forward to Vivio's adventures? I know I would.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

JP Friend Code
    As for me, I'd rather see the Eclipse Virus bearers kicking ass rather than some tournament. But yeah, at least since its chronologically earlier.
    Though then Sound Stage X should need also adaptation, so people know who Ixpellia is.

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MZeroX View Post
    This. SO FUCKING HARD.

Well, let's see hear, MGLN and I have had an ... interesting relationship....

Season 1: MGLN - was pretty meh until the TSAB showed up and the plot kicked into high gear. Then it got cool. (FEITO~)

Season 2: MGLN A's - started off strong and was awesome (DEM WOLKERITTER, Signum in particular is ♥ =3 ), then it got a little slow near the end, but then picked up and ended strongly (although MGLN does seem to have a pennance for having slow-paced final episodes excluding StrikerS)

Season 3: MGLN StrikerS - Lots of new characters (and I mean LOTS), but I really had fun with this season. The slow bits/training scenes were SLOW, but like with it's predecessors it delivered rather well with the action. The show tended to cut off action scenes just as they were getting good, but that could be chalked up to the animation budget.

Speaking of the animation, it's not exactly top-knotch and always felt a little off to me, but it's not a serious issue because I've been pretty spoiled over the years when it comes to animation.

ViVid: Fun and fanservicey.
    FORCE: Awesome. 'nuff said.

Sound Stage X: Needs to be adapted.

I never really thought much of the series when I first saw it, but after I gave it another look over I fell in love for real.

So yeah, that's how IRUn's love affair with Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha went.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The movie was epic.

That is all.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    I downloaded the movie months ago thanks to a friend. I loved it as well. So before there is a Movie the 2nd, I should really watch A's.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

JP Friend Code
    The movie is about the best way a remake of a series could be made (excluding Rebuild of Evangelion), and it's actually better than the first season. I'm looking forward to the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Season 3: MGLN StrikerS - Lots of new characters (and I mean LOTS)
    I didn't learned the names of every android until I read the mangas and then rewatched StrikerS ending

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    For some reason, there's a lot of disappointment going on for StrikerS, the major complaint was that the characters weren't as developed due to the massive cast. Personally though, I loved every season of it, and even if StrikerS lacked character development, it more than made up for it with one of the few competent villains and amazing action. As far as another season of anime goes, I'd say go straight to Force, mainly because ViviD feels more of a slice of life side-story than an actual plot line. I don't really care about tournament arcs since all they're good for is showboating, and since the characters I'm interested in isn't participating, I care even less than usual. Also, hands up if the reason you want to see Force animated is because of the huge laser cannon add-on Raising Heart gets.
    What is man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Subaru needs a spin off of her own.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

JP Friend Code
    OTOH, no installment (but for the movie) has been an adaptation of another one, so if there's another series it would probably be an original one

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.

...amazing.

^ Wut, when, how.

There's nothing wrong with killing someone, even if you like them.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar

Mind=Blown

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That is win.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    That's, eh, uh.
    I have no words.

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    For the sake of continuity, though, I think Vivid should go first in animation. I mean, doesn't anyone want to look forward to Vivio's adventures? I know I would.
    VIVID:

"Where girls are men, and men are NONEXISTENT."

Although the artist was kind enough to let Zaphira use his human form again, poor guy.

And yes, Nanoha+Yuuno.

And on the subject of Yuuno, a clip from his character sheet at TVTropes.com:

Shallow Love Interest: Effectively treated this way by the creators, despite actually having a developed personality, loads of plot-potential, and plenty of combat power. Beyond his use as a romantic possibility for Nanoha, the writers simply were not interested in developing anything more about him; they don't even explain where or how he gained Raising Heart. So when they decided, as of Sound Stage X, not to Ship Tease Yuuno with Nanoha anymore, he disappeared entirely from the plot and never receives another mention. Even back when he was on-screen he had vanishingly few interactions with anyone else in the cast, even counting the supplementary material manga and drama CDs.

Answer me this: What does Fate honestly think of Yuuno? What does Yuuno honestly think about Fate?

Any answer you can give me is your personal fanon, since the two of them have absolutely zero dialogue with each other. They never once speak to each other, and the number of lines they speak ABOUT each other can be counted on one hand.

Considering that Yuuno was one of the major eye-witnesses whose testimony and legal help KEPT HER OUT OF JAIL, and considering that they once joined forces to save Nanoha's life, and considering that they are effectively rivals for Nanoha's affections and for who gets to be Vivio's second parent...

Well, it's just UNNATURAL that we don't have the foggiest clue what they really think or feel about each other.

And from the Your Mileage May Vary page on the franchise:

They Wasted A Perfectly Good Character: YUUNO. In a series so focused on how the ancient civilizations and technologies of the past are enormously impacting upon the present day, having an archeologist, scholar and librarian of ancient knowledge in the cast would seem like a great idea. If nothing else, Yuuno could have continued his roll as Mr. Exposition in StrikerS, Sound Stage X, ViVid and Force, considering that no one would be better qualified to explain about the Belkan Reunification War, the Sankt Kaiser dynasty, the Saint's Cradle, the Hegemon Klaus and his relationship with Olivie, Queen Ixpelia and the Mariage, and perhaps even the Bible of the Silver Cross and its Eclipse Virus.