Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big, Fat, Smelly, Awkward-But-Lovable, Shameless, Summer 2018 Animu Thread

JP Friend Code
    Unlike Grand Blue, High Score Girl's first episode was PERFECT. I'd say I imagined Haruo's voice to be less adult-like and I wasn't expecting CGI, but they handled it really well. The pacing felt just right, and you can't tell anywhere near as well that this is a manga adaptation. I've been disappointed with manga adaptations since Hinamatsuri last season so I'm happy to get something I feel actually captures the original work's charm, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    That's been bugging me too. The jokes seem to have less build up and the punchlines tend to be over and done with quickly. They lack the impact the manga makes. Also there was way too much clothes, more censor bubbles please.
    And the somewhat-subpar animation makes their nude bodies not as detailed or muscular or amazing which is kinda a shame, it lowers the macho feeling of this just a tad. And what the fuck is that Azusa in the OP why does she look so shit?
    updated 2019/1/10

The last 5 minutes of Revue Starlight's first episode were weird and awesome.

Also Banana Fish's second episode had some excellent BAR jumping.

I actually kinda like the way they're rearranging and changing some events in the anime. But please bring in Connie soon.
    Spoiler:
    Also guess they're really trying to build up to Ayano going into the zone. Can't wait for the Kaoruko blowout.

Blog Entries
    So, Hataraku Saibou...

Clever.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    So, Hataraku Saibou...

Clever.
    your wounds are healed by lolis, what could be better than that.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Revue Starlight feels like Utena by way of Sympogear.

I think the only thing missing was people drinking tea and shouting "For the Revolution!".

Has there ever been an anime where Idols are decided by deathmatchs? Most Battle Royal-ish stories have an idol in the cast, but has there ever been one with only them?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Hataraku Saibou is a cute show and White Blood Cell is bae

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is S;G0 on a break or something?
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

week off

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Has there ever been an anime where Idols are decided by deathmatchs? Most Battle Royal-ish stories have an idol in the cast, but has there ever been one with only them?
    Not an anime, but Idol Death Game TV is the closest in concept to what you're asking.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Asobi Asobase is incredible and makes me sad that the Chio-chan adaptation is so shit.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'm pleasantly surprised Olivia confessed to not knowing English so early, I thought for sure that gag would last longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight was Utena all along. Nonononono!No-this-shit again. Ok, I will be sincere, I'm not very smarth and until this day still I don't understand Utena or at least I don't think so. Why, who, how? that. If this would be like that I don't know i this is for me.

I knew this would be theatrical but no SO theatrical. I had a vague feel for the Utenian suit but in the end I thought it would be a Takarazuka thing.

Aside of that the characters and the setting like to me and the Opening? is good. And this seems to focus in the cast instead of the MC centric so that's a plus, but I only have a episode to work, so again 3 episode rule and we'll see.

Waiting on PAS-Chyuu before I try out Revue Starlight. I'm aware that's stall hell, but I'd still rather wait given the lack of song TL and Sentai script. Gonna check out Grand Blue with zero expectations and probably drop it in favor of eventually reading it, ditto for Banana Fish. Chio-chan is fun, but it could've been a lot better. Still gonna watch cause I like the seiyuu and it's funny enough. Cells at Work is fun and S;G0 is still S;G0. Yami Shibai is still shit and it'll never be like S1 again but I'll still toss in 4 minutes a week on the off chance there's a good story hidden in there. Jashin-chan and Asobi Asobase look decent and good (respectively), will probably watch after I'm done torturing myself and my friend with Shingetsutan Tsukihime and the Tales of Shiki's Man-Faced Harem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My spider-senses were tingling when shadow man appeared partway into this week's episode of Lupin. Who else thinks that the dude talking about wiping out half of human civilisation will be the final villain?

Fujiko was pretty good this episode. I hope that Jigen/Goemon don't get too shafted this arc, they haven't had much to do. :/
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Happy Sugar Life was decidedly not the experience I thought I was in for when I watched it but it's actually showing a bit of promise.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else find it odd that David Productions has to heavily censor Jojo, but the sort of educational anime they make has people getting gruesomely cut in half by combat knifes every other minute?

As for Lord of Vermillion, it looks likes it's a mash up of Seraph of the End and Deadman Wonderland, while failing at both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

As for Lord of Vermillion, it looks likes it's a mash up of Seraph of the End and Deadman Wonderland, while failing at both.
    The irony as Lord of Vermillion is older than both of them.
    Lord of Vermillion is a series of arcarde games that utilize collectible cards. Aoko and Alice from Mahoyo were actually featured in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I always really like the Overlord EDs.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The irony as Lord of Vermillion is older than both of them.
    It's always a bit disheartening to see an older property finally get an anime and it be lackluster. They always seem to be more about passion projects and seeing them fall flat on their face is a bit sad.