Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neverland (OOC)

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Getting banned over a fruitcake? How harsh.

Spoiler:
    On the other hand, do you even know what a goddamn joke is
    No. I mean, clearly.

A possible map

From Vampyr. I’ll try and get a version with more pertinent detail at a later time when I have access to a proper computer. Or maybe I’ll just add the labels myself. Yeah, I’ll do that. Easier.

Anyway, your game takes place 19 years after Vampyr, but for the purposes of this game, there are a few parts of it that might be kind of suitable. If you want more streets, I can add a few too.
    And it’s not like you have to use it. Just… don’t completely forget key landmarks. They aren’t hard to find. Well… they were certainly much less troublesome than this map.
    Last edited by Draconic; July 22nd, 2018 at 11:28 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    why does he need a map

we need a place to put character tokens obviously
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scrubbed
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    but what if i dont want a character token

character tokens are required by law
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

break the law

break it good

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic Author View Post
    Scrubbed
    Watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    why does he need a map
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    And it’s not like you have to use it.
    ^
    The only important thing to me is that we're not in a London that has no Thames, no Tower of London, no historical landmarks of any kind, has a clock tower but one with a nameless clock and isn't attached to the Parliament Building/Palace of Westminster (thank you Assassin's Creed Wiki), and is pretty much London 1938 in name alone, because if Satehi is going for atmosphere, it won't exist for anyone who knows even the most trivial things about London, if Satehi doesn't know even the most trivial things about London. I always do some form of location research whenever I write anything. Hell, I even tried to map Chaldea's facility (a fruitless effort, but it was still fun)

Look the only reason I'm being so critical here is because I like the looks of this RP so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    For the most part, treat London as unfamiliar (etc.)
    My point is that if we're all treating London as unfamiliar, what's the point of even setting it there? London's mood is set not by it's name, and to assume so is lazy. But the thing is, you can still be lazy, and get that anyway (and I'll get back to that in a moment). The mood you want is set by what it is. And 'what it is,' is created by its history. You can't set an RP in London and have done zero research. There are plenty of things that just can't be discarded. Even without the history, you at least should have some sort of idea for how certain things have changed, rather than just erasing their existences entirely. I have never lived in London either. Never even set foot anywhere in Europe, but if I were to host an RP that took place there, I would look up the landmarks, the locations they're in, a few minor locations that I think might be cool to have, and maybe create a few NPCs just for the hell of it.

I mean, let me put it this way: Had this RP been foreshadowed in the ideas thread, or placed in the archive I made so that people wouldn't have to specifically ask for help, (since that basically was always a step backward and a cue to be criticized whenever I asked for it in #regalia and I figured it would be a good idea to erase that necessity), I would have jumped on the opportunity to do something to help. If he wrote anything saying that he wanted to set his RP in London in 1938 in a universe where the king died in 1923 and the second world war never happened in place of a fantastical war with what sound almost like steampunk weapons but didn't know enough about London to set the stage... well... let me put it this way.

That isn't an advertisement. That's just me offering my admittedly obsessive, but hopefully useful services. (So, this is also the part where every cynic in the room calls me an egomaniac with ulterior motives).
    Free, no strings attached, with the only reason I'm doing it being because it sounds like fun to me. Oh, right, there is one condition: I'm finishing my character first, but I'll try to do that fast so that I can focus more on recreating London itself for you.

That's a lot of ground I covered, but oddly enough, I had a lot of fun doing it. And since I was combining fictitious locations with the Netflix series' partially historically accurate Wallachia, (Lupu and Targoviste are real places that still exist and also while I was doing it I found this, though it wasn't completely by accident. It was much more difficult than what Satehi would have to do. And make no mistake, I'm not discrediting them. I'm offering to do it for them so that they don't have to work but can have it anyway. Anything to make a good RP better. And I also want to encourage this type of generosity as well. ie. get more people to host games by giving them free rulebooks.

Would I go overboard if Satehi agreed to let me help in this regard? Almost guaranteed. I would readily volunteer to do any and all research you needed/wanted, given you access to all appropriate info, and even simplified it in the same way I have in that google doc I just posted. And just because I find it more fun than is rationally possible, I'd even look up 'location FCs' like what I've done in that Castlevania doc.

So, will you allow me to help out in this regard? Full disclosure, I'm already doing it, and I'm finding all sorts of crap that you'd be able to pick and choose from. Websites that date the origins of certain buildings and tourist spots, maps of london, and this abomination which is basically as filthy as the term TMI can get from a game cartographer's point of view. Don't worry I'm finding much more manageable stuff. I think I've almost acquired a better map.

Presently looking at Assassin's Creed Syndicate, because it's only about 80 years off, and the the Assassin fanbase is actually mapping it out with comparisons to modern day London, which turned what seemed like a somewhat dramatic undertaking into a walk in the park. Plus with your highly fantastical setting, it's entirely possible for London to still look more old fashioned than it would otherwise. We could even use game screenshots. I even have stuff for the sewers.

Seriously though, those assassins have motivation like I've never seen. It's amazing.
    Last edited by Draconic; July 23rd, 2018 at 12:12 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Draconic, the "authenticity" yandere.

Seriously, it doesn't need this much attention to background detail. Unfamiliar London is perfectly fine because it is not your damn job to create the atmosphere. It's Satehi's. By pushing your obsessive opinion onto Satehi you don't make anyone think "Damn, this lad would make quite a fine job by giving Satehi a hand." Quite the opposite.

I pretty much lost any desire to brainstorm a character background despite loving Princess Principal to death. Thanks, Draconic.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    (So, this is also the part where every cynic in the room calls me an egomaniac with ulterior motives).
    It begins.

I know it's not my job. No one needs to help anyone. That doesn't mean offering to help is a bad thing to do. I just wish I could have offered before this was posted and thereby avoided the criticism.

That said, I won't deny that everything in your second paragraph is more or less correct. Except for the part about me pushing my opinion onto Satehi. I didn't intend that, and I'm very sorry if I came across that way. I just meant to offer some help for a reason that I wanted to explain because I'm trying to be considerate to anyone who's enough like me that they can't understand something unless the specifics are given in detail, I tried to mitigate the effect of that, but if/since I came on too strongly, I will apologize for that.
    Last edited by Draconic; July 23rd, 2018 at 01:33 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

I mean, its good to try and help?
    but all things in moderation.

But perhaps most importantly, don't throw a pagewall of "help" to someone that never asked for help, if they needed help (and I highly doubt they do) they're plenty of places to ask
    Otherwise just PM that you have some ideas, and see if they'd listen

now to watch this thread become a slaughterhouse before the rp ever lifts off

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean you're definitely right. The length of my message was a problem, and I failed to even think of PMing...

That said, I can't handle being torn to pieces again right now. If you absolutely must have a reason, check the blogs, but it'd be better if you just took my word for it instead of reading something that would make it look like I'm unloading on everyone. Please, can we not?
    Last edited by Draconic; July 23rd, 2018 at 01:46 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Draconic rein yourself in. The setting doc preemptively states to ignore inconsistencies, there's no need to get obsessive over it. If Sat wanted setting building help, he'd ask. All you're doing is baiting a dogpile onto you, which is inevitably going to turn bad. Things go south for you because you demolish any northward facing roads and rebuild them to only go south. Put down the heavy construction equipment and relax.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spinach. That's a very good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just... avoid posting anything until I've finished my character, preferably without using the English language to create a shenanigan. Though I wasn't kidding about accidentally creating Rolanda Knox. It's kinda terrifying after all the mean things I've said about her.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll just... avoid posting anything until I've finished my character, preferably without using the English language to create a shenanigan. Though I wasn't kidding about accidentally creating Rolanda Knox. It's kinda terrifying after all the mean things I've said about her.
    Try not to create a carbon copy at least, thanks

-snip-
    I suppose I should say thank you for the offer, but I am not really looking for those services. I am fairly content with playing somewhat fast and loose here, since a lot of points of this setting were intended to differ dramatically and I prefer the flexibility to conform things to the RP itself rather than constraining to historical accuracy. If you wish to continue this line of discussion, I’d like to ask that you take it to PMs to avoid causing more trouble in the thread.

Blog Entries
    I should make a muscle woman.

Then maybe a fancy talking trap, played by bloble.

this will be Verg, the RP. everyone is verg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I should make a muscle woman.

Then maybe a fancy talking trap, played by bloble.

this will be Verg, the RP. everyone is verg.
    We should be muscle women together!

Verg is a muscular woman??