Page 101 of 209 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4179

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Timey-wimey shit.
    Spoiler:

If I understand it correctly, which I'm not terribly sure of either, the Incineration of history takes place in 2016/2019, it's just that in order for it to come about the past has to be destabilized in every era (singularities). So Goetia seeded his pillars into specific bloodlines with orders to reactivate at specific time periods, get a grail (possibly he sends it to them directly from the Timeless Temple), and make a history-destabilising Singularity. Also I guess he sent one directly back in time to create the Babylonia singularity since that one takes place before his time. Then he goes and sulks in the Timeless Temple for a bit before preparing to start the ritual in 2016/19, only he realises we've already started changing his script so he heads down to London to talk some shit at us.

So tl;dr humanity hasn't been incinerated yet, rather it's "future" has been set to incineration.
    Humanity is already incinerated. What wasn't incinerated entirely is human history, which is protected by the final foundation that is Babylonia. If Babylonia falls, the entire time tree is fully burnt and Avalon would also follow.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle onepieceuc1's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    ASK MP
    Just a quick question, did Goetia incinerated his specific timeline or every timeline? I can't remember XD

US Friend Code
    Pretty sure the KnK event said every timeline.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle onepieceuc1's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    ASK MP
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Pretty sure the KnK event said every timeline.
    Oh wow ! Thank you !

Fate/Grand Order Babylonia Episode 1: Do they have to wear those suits to rayshift? What happens to them when they get to the destination?

Mash is strong, she took down those demonic beasts with just one hit each like it was nothing. I didn't like how they showed up as CGI first though. I did like how they assumed Ishtar was a normal person with their concern, but she showed them what she could do, and just left them there. I also liked the opening song, even though I didn't see the actual opening. It was a great first episode, everything looked pretty nice. The fights were short, but they were definitely cool.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the latest episode this morning. Some thoughts:

-Lots of good Ritsuka moments this ep. Talking about how much he admired Ushiwakamaru as a kid and working out so he can at least be useful in battle despite not being a strong mage really helped to flesh out his character and make him more than just a generic blank-slate protagonist. Also that strategy where he challenged Ishtar to fight him one-on-one only to have Ana sneak-attack her was surprisingly guileful given how earnest he normally acts.

-So Ishtar and Erishkigal are in some kind of split-personality situation where they're both inhabiting Rin's body but switch roles every time the sun sets (with Ishtar's personality active in the day and Erishkigal's at night). At the very least that's the vibe I'm getting from this episode's ending. Either that or it was Erishkigal all along and she disguised herself as Ishtar with some kind of illusion magic, but that seems less likely.

-Merlin offhandedly saying "All the Mesopotamian gods are blonde" caught me off-guard. I could accept that as a merely visual conceit, but somehow hearing it brought up explicitly struck me as weird. Kind of brings up the odd implications of why a bunch of mostly tanned dark-haired people have their gods universally pale and blonde, but that's probably better left unexplored.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Just watched the latest episode this morning. Some thoughts:

-Lots of good Ritsuka moments this ep. Talking about how much he admired Ushiwakamaru as a kid and working out so he can at least be useful in battle despite not being a strong mage really helped to flesh out his character and make him more than just a generic blank-slate protagonist. Also that strategy where he challenged Ishtar to fight him one-on-one only to have Ana sneak-attack her was surprisingly guileful given how earnest he normally acts.

-So Ishtar and Erishkigal are in some kind of split-personality situation where they're both inhabiting Rin's body but switch roles every time the sun sets (with Ishtar's personality active in the day and Erishkigal's at night). At the very least that's the vibe I'm getting from this episode's ending. Either that or it was Erishkigal all along and she disguised herself as Ishtar with some kind of illusion magic, but that seems less likely.

-Merlin offhandedly saying "All the Mesopotamian gods are blonde" caught me off-guard. I could accept that as a merely visual conceit, but somehow hearing it brought up explicitly struck me as weird. Kind of brings up the odd implications of why a bunch of mostly tanned dark-haired people have their gods universally pale and blonde, but that's probably better left unexplored.
    I mean

They had a pale blonde 2/3 god king

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Fate/Grand Order Babylonia Episode 1: Do they have to wear those suits to rayshift? What happens to them when they get to the destination?
    No, they rayshifted without them in the Fuyuki singularity (at least Ritsuka didn't, according to this adaptation).

Seeing how they didn't have time to change, the answer is probably, you guessed it, magic clothes. Unless stated otherwise, it looks like Da Vinci added yet another feature to the Mystic Codes lol.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Merlin offhandedly saying "All the Mesopotamian gods are blonde" caught me off-guard. I could accept that as a merely visual conceit, but somehow hearing it brought up explicitly struck me as weird. Kind of brings up the odd implications of why a bunch of mostly tanned dark-haired people have their gods universally pale and blonde, but that's probably better left unexplored.
    If it make the bad implications any better, Merlin actually says the Mesopotamian gods have gold hair, but without specifying if he meant gold the color or gold the metal. It's still entirely possible that Kigal's hair is actually physical metallic gold, which would a lot more gross but potentially less racist(?)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    If it make the bad implications any better, Merlin actually says the Mesopotamian gods have gold hair, but without specifying if he meant gold the color or gold the metal. It's still entirely possible that Kigal's hair is actually physical metallic gold, which would a lot more gross but potentially less racist(?)
    I feel like at that point you're having to stretch the original text's meaning so far it's almost unrecognizable. 'Gold' referring to hair obviously means blonde, not literal gold, unless it's explicitly pointed out to the contrary. (True, Freya from Norse Mythology had literal gold-woven hair, but I've never heard of anything analogous in Mesopotamian legend so there's no reason to jump to that except pure wishful thinking).

To be frank, I wouldn't even have a problem having the Mesopotamian gods be blonde if it was purely a visual stylistic choice. Lots of anime characters have crazy hair colors that don't reflect their RL nationality after all, and the gods being, well, gods obviously have more leeway than most. It's just it being explicitly highlighted by the narrative makes me think it isn't just a visual conceit but meant to mean something more, which gets into skeevier territory.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Ishtar in PFALZ doujin (which had Gugalanna that became canon later) was blonde too.

Dumzi is also blonde.

and not just hair, red eyes are also traits of ancient Gods.

US Friend Code
    I feel like it was an idea made to explain Gilgamesh's design, not anything deeper. I mean there's unfortunate implications from the idea but they don't feel intentional to me. If Nasu was a white guy I could see the "what did he mean by this" throughline of pale-skinned blondes leading dark-skinned Sumerians, but he's Japanese, so I think it'd be weird to intentionally prop up a race he isn't even part of.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I feel like it was an idea made to explain Gilgamesh's design, not anything deeper. I mean there's unfortunate implications from the idea but they don't feel intentional to me. If Nasu was a white guy I could see the "what did he mean by this" throughline of pale-skinned blondes leading dark-skinned Sumerians, but he's Japanese, so I think it'd be weird to intentionally prop up a race he isn't even part of.
    blonde hair and red eyes are special in TM because... Arcueid.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's Takeuchi's idea, Gil is the French Chad who hooked up with that exchange student instead of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    blonde hair and red eyes are special in TM because... Arcueid.
    I love blonde hair and red eyes waifus, so I can see the appeal.

But I don't think it has any deep implications tho cuz Thrud also has that same color scheme.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I love blonde hair and red eyes waifus, so I can see the appeal.
    You're profile picture is certainly honest I see

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Merlin probably talks about their human form I feel like, as in when they got deified as concepts and left their old bodies like Olympian Gods. Because Tiamat is definitely not blonde and is said to be different from the Tiamat that Ishtar knew.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Ishtar in PFALZ doujin (which had Gugalanna that became canon later) was blonde too.

Dumzi is also blonde.

and not just hair, red eyes are also traits of ancient Gods.
    Dumzi is a fucking sheep with mechanical legs, I don't think he should be counted into that

JP Friend Code
    I wonder, is it worse than making the Taoism pantheon into blood-sucking species (well they suck energy, not blood, but you get the point) or Olympian pantheon into robots?

What's next? Shinto pantheon are all foxy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    You're profile picture is certainly honest I see
    I actually became involved with TM stuffs thanks to discovering similarities between Arcueid and her, from the color scheme to personality.

No, the Shinto pantheon is literally just Tamamo.