-
    Blog Entries
    I doubt even Tesla can do much in the Age of Gods

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like the pacing of this epsiode
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    never thought that Merlin's hero creation would be that fancy.

Ushi wanking Taira clan was funny.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Aren't they just covered by his palm because of the camera angle? The missing ring is supposed to be just a different color ring anyways, instead of not being there, which they did miss the opportunity to show.
    I can't make screenshots right now but the sort of angle that allows that is incredibly awkward, and I remember seeing the base of his middle and index fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Will chop off heads for headpats. Never change Ushi.

They better give her an animation update in FGO soon.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Melissa Fahn truly does purple-haired goddesses good.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Aren't they just covered by his palm because of the camera angle? The missing ring is supposed to be just a different color ring anyways, instead of not being there, which they did miss the opportunity to show.

Alright, I see what you mean. That being said it's impossible to make your hand look like that.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't get the top of your palm to show enough without revealing the bases of the index and middle fingers, and if you dip them enough to hide them then the base of the thumb takes up too much space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Fat Snek is fat.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Which part is fat? (lennyface) All I can say is big
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Like shooting a fat fish in a barrel w/ a shotgun.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    The skipping of the tablet scene was abrupt, more time should have been spent with Leonidas, the battle against demonic beasts near the end was limp and the gorgon scene overstayed its welcome without a more tense atmosphere to warrant it (it also makes the weakness of the CGI more apparent when its not restricted to the snakes) but overall I do like the episode and am looking forward to next week. RIP Ushi though

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Just now I thought how weird itis that Gilgamesh didn't summon any monster/god-slayer or mystery-killing Servant, like Herk or Raikou or Tesla.
    how could he? the future is incinerated so he can't use clairvoyance to see what his billion catalysts would actually summon.
    catalysts are a noob trap anyway, compatibility summon typically ends up better

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Just now I thought how weird itis that Gilgamesh didn't summon any monster/god-slayer or mystery-killing Servant, like Herk or Raikou or Tesla.
    He summoned servants fitting his tactic. He wants to stall for time with the walls, so he got Leonidas. A servant who can fight independently against large army like Tomoe is also a good choice. Benkei is hax and Ushi is similar to Tomoe with lots of tools. Ibaraki while betrayed him ended up kept Humbaba away. His true enemy here is not the Goddess Alliance, but real Tiamat. He doesn't want to destroy them but make them join his side to eventually fight Tiamat later. His plan worked out in the end.

Also if he couldn't keep Ibaraki, he won't be able to control the likes of Herc and Raikou. Tesla is Star, he's going to do nothing against Tiamat later on cuz Nega-Genesis.

He didn't summon the best possible roster to kill the goddesses and the demon beasts, he summoned the best roster who are most likely to cooperate and stall for Chaldea to arrive.

And keep in mind that Gil himself is supplying magic energy not just for his servants but also the wall and the man already died from burning out. If he summons the likes of Herc, Karna...etc...yah he's not gonna live long to see Chaldea arrive.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; November 17th, 2019 at 01:03 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    It's not like the underworld can keep him for long

JP Friend Code
    It's not like he can return as will without certain loopholes and tampering either. Not to mention if he die b4 Chaldea meeting Eresh and solve the goddess problem, he'll stuck within the control of Goddess Alliance.

The moment he's gone the cannons fail to function due to lacking his magic energy, the city will fall even b4 Chaldea arrive if he decided to show off needless shits by summoning a bunch of mana taxing servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    He summoned servants fitting his tactic. He wants to stall for time with the walls, so he got Leonidas. A servant who can fight independently against large army like Tomoe is also a good choice. Benkei is hax and Ushi is similar to Tomoe with lots of tools. Ibaraki while betrayed him ended up kept Humbaba away. His true enemy here is not the Goddess Alliance, but real Tiamat. He doesn't want to destroy them but make them join his side to eventually fight Tiamat later. His plan worked out in the end.

Also if he couldn't keep Ibaraki, he won't be able to control the likes of Herc and Raikou. Tesla is Star, he's going to do nothing against Tiamat later on cuz Nega-Genesis.

He didn't summon the best possible roster to kill the goddesses and the demon beasts, he summoned the best roster who are most likely to cooperate and stall for Chaldea to arrive.

And keep in mind that Gil himself is supplying magic energy not just for his servants but also the wall and the man already died from burning out. If he summons the likes of Herc, Karna...etc...yah he's not gonna live long to see Chaldea arrive.
    It's not like he can return as will without certain loopholes and tampering either. Not to mention if he die b4 Chaldea meeting Eresh and solve the goddess problem, he'll stuck within the control of Goddess Alliance.

The moment he's gone the cannons fail to function due to lacking his magic energy, the city will fall even b4 Chaldea arrive if he decided to show off needless shits by summoning a bunch of mana taxing servants.
    You know, this is actually a good explanation, one that I'm willing to accept and lift a weight off my shoulders, kinda.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I really liked the first half of the episode, and when I took a moment to figure out why, I realised it's probably because it was about the Servants doing their thing without Guda being involved directly. Merlin and Ana's talk flowed much smoother than I remember it doing in the game, too.
    The second half though, not gonna lie... it didn't look good. I get not every episode is gonna receive the same amount of polish, but come on, last episode was almost entirely filler, you couldn't spare some extra time to animate Ushiwaka actually cutting the beasts, or making sure Mash and Ritsuka don't look like blobs when they're the only thing on-screen to focus on?

- - - Updated - - -

And then Ana fighting and Merlin's scene are back to the usual quality standard. Weeeeeeeeeeeird.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my god what is wrong wtih "Tiamat" 's face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant Passerby View Post
    I'm pretty much feeling the same way about this episode as everyone else, weak overall but with a few good moments. The Merlin/Ana conversation was good, although it got a little exposition-y in a few places. Not too bad though, and the subject itself was pretty interesting.

Snek though, yeesh. Her reveal was real solid, both in terms of animation and framing, but boy did that intimidating atmosphere get squandered immediately afterwards. The impact of a kaiju reveal is significantly reduced when the camera immediately cuts to our main characters having the most stoic expressions possible, with no surprise, awe, or fear. They all have bland serious expressions with none of the momentary panic that should come from seeing a giant explode out from under your feat. This isn't helped by the following exposition cut with Romani and Da Vinci acting in the same manner. It's all just so... understated.

The soldiers freak out afterwards, but the urgency of the situation has already been dampened by the main characters' limp reactions.

This isn't helped by the fact that Snek just kinda stands there without doing anything during this time, and even when she does start talking she's mostly standing frozen in place (with floaty sneks). That's in large part due to the "eh" CG, but a flaw is a flaw. The shots of the environmental damage she's doing are nice and help take the focus off of it, but then the show cuts back to Ritsuka and Mash barely reacting to the mayhem and the tension in the scene falls flat again.

The close ups on Snek's more animated expressions are pretty nice though.
    Also true. A shot of some real "OMGWTFBBQ" faces would've really sold it. Characters really suck at face-emoting in this anime, which I'm squarely blaming ufotable for.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

About that, the cannons were built in a way they could be used without Gil's mana. Each cannon is loaded with lazulis, meant to be smashed to shoot the weapons. It just happens that they have an alternate firing way that could use Gil's mana

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Also true. A shot of some real "OMGWTFBBQ" faces would've really sold it. Characters really suck at face-emoting in this anime, which I'm squarely blaming ufotable for.
    Babylonia can definitely pull off more emotive expressions when it feels like it, as seen most consistently with Enkidu, but unfortunately those seem to be exceptions rather than the standard.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Characters really suck at face-emoting in this anime
    This is just blatantly false.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Which part is fat? (lennyface) All I can say is big
    I can't describe it exactly, the scales, the feathers, the snake lower half, the overall picture give me the sensation of fat. Besides, she turned away of the perfect greek form that is Ana, I'm sure Stheno and Euryale would agree with me.