Page 178 of 209 FirstFirst ... 78128168173176177178179180183188 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 4179

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

Not much to say about the episode that wasn't said already
    I love it, from the little moments between the characters to Quetz' epic scene. The cared details on the characters expressions was superb

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Speaking of, what is the reason for Quetz being associated with dinosaurs and the meteor that wiped them out anyway? Is it just because of the Yucatan crater?
    On the nasuverse yeah, it was heavily implied that meteor brought the bacterias that were Quetz and her whole pantheon to Earth

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Speaking of, what is the reason for Quetz being associated with dinosaurs and the meteor that wiped them out anyway? Is it just because of the Yucatan crater?
    Probably
    Also Aztec + Dinosaurs is a recurring theme in fantasy
    Also also flying serpents = pterosaurs I guess

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    those pterosaurus are called Quetzalcoatlus

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fundamentally, Quetzalcoatl wrestles barehanded, but of course, she will also make use of a weapon from her myth. That weapon’s name is the Macana. A weapon that wears a comprehensible outward appearance, and it is very painful to punch on.

The Yucatán Peninsula is the place where a meteorite fell and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs, and a mythological system was cultivated above this plateau, concealing the “bestowed ‘blood’ from an outside astronomical object.” The first generation Kukulkan (the name of Quetzalcoatl in Mayan Civilization) was an existence that possessed elements (bacteria and microorganisms) of this outside astronomical object, or so it was told. This backbone is closely matched with Altera’s, and yet, it was a visitor from the universe more ancient than Altera. However, there is a discrepancy where Altera was an invader while Kukulkan was a being adrift in space.
    From Clyton's TL.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2791270

Is it just me or does tiamat's barrier look like Rho Aias.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevethepi View Post
    Both of these are totally chill I just find the way you presume that people who aren't bothered by this being missing just don't understand kinda of arguing in extremely bad faith.
    I think you made yet another mistake. Go back and reread what I wrote in reply to the person. He thought Tiamat is a natural disaster (which is untrue in regard to the theme of the Beasts that Tiamat represents - a disaster born from human's beastly nature) so I provide the explanation that she isn't seen as one in the story. Said person was someone who did not play the game and is not picky for details, this I didn't know till he mentions it. That's why I said he didn't get the theme (of the Beast) and might miss out on what (to me) contributes to what make the story great (the struggle of the love and evil nature of the Beasts). If I knew he did not ready the source material, I wouldn't say any of that and only explain the Beast stuffs. He even reply to another comment explaining the theme Tiamat largely represents wondering how the anime can adapt such complicated details. All cool, no one actually thought that everyone who is fine with cutting details = not getting all the themes in the show. In fact, go read my reply to you when you said you're fine with no Tiamat characterization, I only reply to the part where you thought that her holding back makes her less of a threat, remember? Did I assume you also did not get the themes? Hell no. So I think all of this is just uncalled for and a waste of time.

Funny tho, if you think what I did was so toxic you felt you have to voice your discomfort, then I wonder how would you react to how actually obnoxious I am and actually argue in bad faith in the past lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Oh that's what that was. Pretty cool, wish it had a bit more detail than just Aias clone.
    Maybe some of the Hanging Garden's motifs of her children or mestopotamian symbols would have been nice compared to solid pink. It's a conceptual bounded field, after all, lets see the concept behind it.
    Perhaps the details would be too complicated to draw in the sequence. I do wish it looks more epic. I also wonder why it has layers, other than to ref Aias. If it is this strong against Quetz, wonder how strong it can be vs Man and Star servants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Inner vasavi shakti+gae bolg+lucha vs self modification "aaaaAAAAaaaAAA" rho aias.

JP Friend Code
    Kick Bolg vs. Rho aaaAAaaAias

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Good episode.

Kobayashi's voice work where Kingu's voice cracks, MMMMF, so good. The foreshadowing for Roman was some good stuff too. Have to say, I felt real sadness when I saw Gudao tending the empty embassy. The action scene looked great, though for some reason the hypest parts for me were Gudao using his last CS and keeping his shit together at the end. RIP Benkei, didn't even get to NP. At least he died 'standing' and next to his lord. That aerial combat was great too, with the jumping and the swinging and the genius platform kick. I like how Matt learned how to shield bash, she can exchange notes with Achilles now.

Good episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Episode 15: The fight with Gorgon was okay, I guess. I didn't like made her CGI sometimes though. I liked how they outright said in the anime that Ana had Harpe and it could kill immortals, after being so vague about in her game profile and book profile. I do think that Merlin shows up again. I hope he will at least.

Those black things, I'm not going to bother to try type in their names, are so scary. They're like giant spiders, with those creepy square teeth. With them, being animated with CGI actually makes them more scary. I didn't think that they would sound like that though. It's actually sounds like they're speaking gibberish just like in the text.

Those things can talk... One of them said at the end, "Talk, talk, you're very boring." Like it's been a while since I read the summary, but just seeing this stuff animated really shows just how bad it was.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

祖 Ancestor
    I expected good stuff from the preview and still ended up blown away. It's not just Babylonia's best episode but among the finest in Fate. Benkei didn't get to use his NP, but the fight with Ushi was better handled than the game regardless. I just wish they didn't skip his scenes of defending the people in ep 15 so he wouldn't look like he came out of nowhere. Still very minor compared to what everything else had to offer. Tiamat especially looked great this time around.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Now if there isn't a deluge of Quetz Gae Bulging Tiamat's Raw Aius memes, I'm gonna be very disappointed.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On one hand it would be funny, on the other, there would surely spawn too many okama Quetz jokes. So not sure how I would feel.

JP Friend Code
    Having some thought I believe it could be kinda cooler if Minidusa and Gorgon fused into Divine Spirit Medusa. It would make the whole stand-off much more impactful like earth goddess vs. earth goddess.

JP Friend Code
    Tiamat is more like an ATG (All-Terrain Goddess)

Earth goddess who is actually the sea and can fly

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    God, they should just let Quetzalcoatl stay dead or let her help in the final fight. This episode was too good a send off for they to ruin it with that end of singularity scene, especially compared to the game's take on the events.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    late babylonia does get pretty cheesy with presumed dead people popping back left and right to save the day

JP Friend Code
    Quetz pops back just to be back really.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    late babylonia does get pretty cheesy with presumed dead people popping back left and right to save the day
    Yeah I'm already confused by Gorgon showing up, and art of the final battle leads me to believe she's not the only one.

Quetzalcoalt is everything I want of a mexican Servant. Is a shame that she was fighting against literal bullshit.

Beautiful everything. Also, final parts of "this is not over yet" with ED always get me.
    Last edited by ballinamon; February 23rd, 2020 at 08:59 PM.