Page 29 of 209 FirstFirst ... 19242728293031343979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    At that point it may as well not have 12 episodes. Even extended episodes like Katanagatari compensated by airing one episode a month.
    I know it's not realistic to get like 40 minutes episode per week.
    Heck, even 24 minutes per episode sometimes get delayed. We can only hope it's not just 1 cour, or they will cut lot of plot point
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; March 24th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Not a big fan of how the characters look sometimes (especially when close-up, the simplistic shading makes it look like it's cel-shaded CG and the acting feels much more expressive than the animation) and some of the far-range backgrounds looked ass, but I really like everything else. The fight directing looks great, the general setting design looks really good and the music is really pleasant. Much more excited for this, now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Official english trailer

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    wew, very fast Aniplex, they usually take a month or two
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Not knowing anything about Grand Order aside from that one OVA, I've always wondered why there is a character that both looks and sounds like Rin, but has red eyes and is apparently a servant? :-/
    Last edited by Rokudaime; March 26th, 2019 at 02:27 PM.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

US Friend Code
    She's possessing Rin. She's the goddess Ishtar, but you can't summon gods so they need a human vessel.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the Hindu goddess Parvati possessing Sakura, and the Norse Freya, Finnish Louhi, and Ainu Sitonai all sharing space in Illya.

It's basically just a way to get FSN characters as Servants.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    She's possessing Rin. She's the goddess Ishtar, but you can't summon gods so they need a human vessel.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the Hindu goddess Parvati possessing Sakura, and the Norse Freya, Finnish Louhi, and Ainu Sitonai all sharing space in Illya.

I see. Thanks for the explanation. Huh, so as long as they have a human vessel they can summon gods in this one? I always got the impression from FSN and Prillya etc that Divine Spirits, unlike Heroic Spirits, are strictly off limits. *shrug*

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

US Friend Code
    I think it has something to do with how GO is a weird scenario where human order is all messed up. Same reason you can summon someone like Counter Guardian Kiritsugu who normally isn't supposed to exist.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

In hindsight, it makes Quetzalcoatl even weirder since she's the only god character who's not in the body of someone recognizable, just a rando.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I see. Thanks for the explanation. Huh, so as long as they have a human vessel they can summon gods in this one? I always got the impression from FSN and Prillya etc that Divine Spirits, unlike Heroic Spirits, are strictly off limits. *shrug*
    FGO's summons are based on Saint Graph Registering, so basically if you meet them you can summon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    In hindsight, it makes Quetzalcoatl even weirder since she's the only god character who's not in the body of someone recognizable, just a rando.
    They did make a point of saying how her entire pantheon is different from other gods.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    They did make a point of saying how her entire pantheon is different from other gods.
    True, but then they have Taiga running around as Mayan Satan.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    That’s just with the Fuyuki holy grail system
    The initial Ishtar summoning was by an ancient Babylonian priestess using an age of gods ritual to take advantage of time being broken to find the most compatible vessel across all of time and space and pull Ishtar into it, and the strain of it was still enough to kill everyone involved lol

Taiga's case is weird because, although they consider what possesed here a DS, the Jaguar Warriors were actually an aztec military force that served the cult of Tezca to opposed Quetz's Eagle Warriors, combined with the many legends of werejaguars. Like, they didn't bother with a specific deity and just went with the concept of Jaguar

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's because Jaguar Warriors also work differently lol

In Central and South American mythologies, the Jaguar is frequently spoken of as a spiritual existence called a Nagual, a shadow and a supernatural Guardian Spirit. It is said that Tezcatlipoca, one of the chief gods worshipped in Aztec Civilization, is also endowed with a Nagual, and this Nagual is a fearsome Jaguar Nagual.
    Heroic Spirit possession. The Jaguar Nagual achieved its materialization as a bunrei, done by possessing a particular human as its vessel. From time immemorial, it is said that humans who obtained the Nagual of a Jaguar were endowed with supernatural powers. The Nagual tales are narrated even in the modern times. Furthermore, concerning the criteria for possession, among the humans that has a tie to the Holy Grail, the person who carries the fate of the wildness and the wildest force is elected.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not knowing anything about Grand Order aside from that one OVA, I've always wondered why there is a character that both looks and sounds like Rin, but has red eyes and is apparently a servant? :-/
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...41#post2555441

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Might have been brought up already but Ishtar-Rin relationship explained
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar
    If you're asking if I killed the owner of this body, no. If you're asking if her consciousness will come to the surface, no to that too. She and I melded together, and now it's about 7 parts me, 3 parts her.
    In the case of a pseudo-servant between a divine spirit and a human, the divine spirit has more spiritrons, so the main personality is
    Ishtar
    me
    Well the original
    Ishtar
    me
    ... Inanna, in the higher dimension, isn't as human-like as I am now.
    Neither is above or below the other. After all, I'm me, no matter what. I can't possess a human who wouldn't be able to think that way in the first place.
    So think of it this way: This human wasn't taken over by Ishtar, she just suddenly became the new Ishtar one day.
    (Gudako: So that girl isn't sleeping,)
    Right, she's talking to you right now as "me". It's like a dual personality becoming one.
    Anyway, I'm me!
    And the reason she's Rin is cause the priestess trying to summon her took advantage of the singularity fucking up time/space, sought out a good match for Ishtar in another time, summoned Ishtar into her, then summoned Ishtarin to Uruk (and died from prana overuse, gj)

e: oh and if you say you don't get it she says it's ok because even she can't tell which is which sometimes
    - - - Updated - - -

As for Taiga/Jaguar Man, sounds like a more extreme Black Panther tbh.
    Last edited by Trubo; March 27th, 2019 at 03:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The initial Ishtar summoning was by an ancient Babylonian priestess using an age of gods ritual to take advantage of time being broken to find the most compatible vessel across all of time and space and pull Ishtar into it, and the strain of it was still enough to kill everyone involved lol
    This makes me wonder... Gil has obviously met real Ishtar in his life, right? And this is the Age of Gods, so Ishtar and the others roam the world. The Servant IshtaRin and the real Ishtar, do they exist both at the same time in Babylon? Or was the real Ishtar dragged from whatever plane she was hiding in and was forced to fuse with a human to appear as a servant?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    This makes me wonder... Gil has obviously met real Ishtar in his life, right? And this is the Age of Gods, so Ishtar and the others roam the world. The Servant IshtaRin and the real Ishtar, do they exist both at the same time in Babylon? Or was the real Ishtar dragged from whatever plane she was hiding in and was forced to fuse with a human to appear as a servant?
    Most of the gods aren't able to manifest on the material realm or whatever you want to call the normal world, even at that point in time. There's a reason they had to summon Ishtar in the way that they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    By the time of Gil the prime gods already left the world. Only left behind the divine spirits base on them. These divine spirits are what you interact with from this point in time till they completely go away. Basically Ishtar cannot manifest in her true full power form at this point and the priestess had to summon her divine spirit form through a vessel.

Blog Entries
    I think it has something to do with how GO is a weird scenario where human order is all messed up. Same reason you can summon someone like Counter Guardian Kiritsugu who normally isn't supposed to exist.
    Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    FGO's summons are based on Saint Graph Registering, so basically if you meet them you can summon them.
    I'm sorry, am I supposed to know what that is? 'Cause I'm afraid I haven't got the foggiest idea. :-/

I...see. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Originally Posted by Kotonoha Might have been brought up already but Ishtar-Rin relationship explained
    Spoiler:

Originally Posted by Ishtar
    If you're asking if I killed the owner of this body, no. If you're asking if her consciousness will come to the surface, no to that too. She and I melded together, and now it's about 7 parts me, 3 parts her.
    In the case of a pseudo-servant between a divine spirit and a human, the divine spirit has more spiritrons, so the main personality is
    Ishtar
    me

Well the original
    Ishtar
    me

... Inanna, in the higher dimension, isn't as human-like as I am now.
    Neither is above or below the other. After all, I'm me, no matter what. I can't possess a human who wouldn't be able to think that way in the first place.
    So think of it this way: This human wasn't taken over by Ishtar, she just suddenly became the new Ishtar one day.
    (Gudako: So that girl isn't sleeping,)
    Right, she's talking to you right now as "me". It's like a dual personality becoming one.
    Anyway, I'm me!

And the reason she's Rin is cause the priestess trying to summon her took advantage of the singularity fucking up time/space, sought out a good match for Ishtar in another time, summoned Ishtar into her, then summoned Ishtarin to Uruk (and died from prana overuse, gj)

e: oh and if you say you don't get it she says it's ok because even she can't tell which is which sometimes
    I see. Thanks for the explanation Koto, and Trubo for the repost.

Blog Entries
    Saint Graph Registering means registering their data on your COMP so you can resummon the version of the Servant with the skills the way you like them whenever you want if you have the macca