Page 78 of 209 FirstFirst ... 28687376777879808388128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4179

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Lmao someone believe that Ishtar is softhearted, kicking ana then grab her chain so she won't go fly through the roof (lol, it's Ana who bind Ishtar's arm so she won't fly through the roof but they mistake it as Ishtar's "kindness") and chained Mash so she won't stay in her way, but forget that Ishtar almost blow up Ana.

Regret that i don't screenshot that, because the poster deleted it
    While I do think there was a certain 'softness' to her just incapacitating Mash when she was going to blow up Ana, that person definitely misunderstood Ishtar lol. As she is now she's not a bad person but she's also not a good one either, her personality is similar to Gilgamesh honestly

- - - Updated - - -

Which actually explains why they don't get along a lot

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Ishtar is made of 70% original and 30% Rin.

that 30% is enough to made her not too dangerous but she is not good/kind.

Blog Entries
    I think it’s more like 55% 45% TBH
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

We got the 70-30% from Ishtar herself. I appreciate it though, she feels like a proper embodiment of what they were going with lore-wise for Pseudos- a divine spirit with a compatible host. I can see where Ishtar begins and Rin ends pretty clearly, unlike Sitonia who has 3 goddesses stuffed in her and yet just feels like 100% Illya

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Maybe it would clutter fights too much, or maybe there wouldn't be a way to explain them without being awkward. Personally speaking it doesn't bother me, but I can sympathize with wanting to see favorite characters getting cool animated scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    because shadow servants have always been stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    With how detailed the animation for the fights is, adding more servants to the menu when shadow servants are only a proper thing in Shimosa would be exhausting.
    I mean, the entire point of summoning Galahad was for his shield to be the catalyst for summoning Servants and that is an integral plot point in FGO. And as far as I know, this wasn't changed for the anime. In the anime continuity, if Chaldea has such a strong weapon, why not use it? That's kinda my hang up.

But, yeah, it's not like I don't see why they wouldn't do it in Babylonia, from both aesthetic consistency and production standpoints.
    Sharing this made me rethink about it and ultimately find myself feeling pretty good towards that artistic decision.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Illya got a 3 stooges syndrome thing going on, which end up resulting in us just getting her as is. Which is really odd given we already have an Illya in the game who is herself, but whatever.

I like how Ishtarin had been characterized, and how the anime manages to best showcase that while she does Rin in her as a source of influence, she is still largely the goddess herself and is always going to be looking out for number 1: herself. Quantifying that as good or evil isn't really the point with her.

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Yes
    Alright then. I already have an idea of what questions I will be asking, so now just to wait for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Cloverworks are trying pretty aggressively advertise themselves to english speaking audiences lately. I like that.
    Yeah, it is pretty nice seeing them be this open to the international audience. Makes sense given that a lot of their most popular shows have an international following.
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    We shouldn't care about the haters we can see either!
    But then who would we band against? Haters are a valuable commodity for any community.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    But then who would we band against? Haters are a valuable commodity for any community.
    I rather continue endorsing things I like knowing fully they are popular and irritate them even more without giving them the battlefield they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    I mean, the entire point of summoning Galahad was for his shield to be the catalyst for summoning Servants and that is an integral plot point in FGO. And as far as I know, this wasn't changed for the anime. In the anime continuity, if Chaldea has such a strong weapon, why not use it? That's kinda my hang up.

But, yeah, it's not like I don't see why they wouldn't do it in Babylonia, from both aesthetic consistency and production standpoints.
    Sharing this made me rethink about it and ultimately find myself feeling pretty good towards that artistic decision.
    That always have been the problem with FGO, well, actually I just realized it in the Salem manga where is more apparent, why not bring the heavy weights with us always in the mission. Is not like I'm disrespecting Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru efforts until now in protect Uruk, but pretty sure they could appreciate Karna or Siegfried help.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I thought the same back when we took Da Vinci with us to Camelot. Why the hell arent we taking more servants than just mash? Feels like the storytelling and the waifu collector aspect do not match.

US Friend Code
    Don't they say at some point that a single Rayshift costs an entire month's salary or something? It may be a funding issue, like it's just not feasible to send an entire squad with us.

JP Friend Code
    It was explained that the FATE summoning system is still immature and unstable, thus you don't always get result you want when summoning a servant (an excuse for gacha rate basically). Therefore they rely on summoning of servants on-site for better chance (this still is a thing in part 2). This also covers the fact that not all players get access to top tier servants. Another excuse is the unknown factor of the destination, specifically the big bad of the singularity/LB. For singularity, the one making it can decide who to block from entering, such as the Nue in Benienma event prevented demon slayers like Rama and Raikou from entering and that event features like 20+ servants from Chaldea. So if you just select a few top guys and send them all the time, chance that they might stuck in limbo or lost in the destination (this happens a lot). So yes we can send the strong ones with us or even the entire 200+ servants like in summer events, but for various "reasons" we don't do it often.

For part 2, it's simply not possible to protect more than a fixed number of servants during traveling and thus the summoning on site method is still preferred.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Don't they say at some point that a single Rayshift costs an entire month's salary or something? It may be a funding issue, like it's just not feasible to send an entire squad with us.
    This too. Not to mention some servants don't have the aptitude for rayshifting.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    The actual summoning servant aspect of Chaldea always seemed to be the biggest issue with executing FGO as a story without assuming Guda to be the player surrogate. It's cool how they do it in part 2 though.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    This too. Not to mention some servants don't have the aptitude for rayshifting.
    So Rayshift compatibility extends to Servants, and not just Masters?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Me one page ago: "I haven't seen any haters and I don't plan to go to places where I can see them"

Me now: almost gets into a long argument with someone claiming Babylonia only has edge for the sake of edge unlike zero and CasGil is a downgrade of archer Gil and a disappointment who only exists to make Gil more likeable so he can be a husbando fan service character

I cursed myself didn't I?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So Rayshift compatibility extends to Servants, and not just Masters?
    Well even if they aren't human they still have to send a body into a time period where it doesn't belong so that has to be put into consideration. Though Fou somehow still manages to sporadically climb into the coffin with us but then again its Fou

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Babylonia has edge?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Babylonia has edge?
    My question exactly. That hater was probably trolling then.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Babylonia has edge?
    It certainly gets dark but people conflate darkness with edginess these days honestly

It was so weird cause the way the person talked showed knowledge of the franchise and about the events of Babylonia but their over glorification of zero, insistence the Shirou's personality not being properly adapted wasn't an excuse and he doesn't deserve 'special treatment' since Shiki and Kiritsugu came 'better' despite neither being visual Novel characters, and the Gil developing like in the epic, not killing Gudao for being 'unworthy' and actually round aboutly asking for helps makes him a sanitized tsundere baffled mr