Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 256789121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Straight up lying again huh

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, they'll have fifteen seconds of stills from the other Singularities as an opening scene. That's the anime version of the Star Wars text crawl.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    I expect they'll summarize what happened between First Order and Babylonia in the first episode. It's better than nothing but I still don't expect it to catch on to outsiders to the franchise that much, outside the appeal of seeing Gilgamesh. Gil will definitely be the main draw for the casual audience.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    It won't be like Last Encore, bcuz even when you look for the source material, it's just vastly different. This one definitely stick to the source
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    They can’t just go and say “if you haven’t done X you can’t watch this”, scaring away potential viewers is not a good idea.

It really doesn't need to summarize much. First Order covers the basics, so just quick reference that, add in something about this being the last singularity, Solomon doing his thing in London, and... you're good, really. Babylon didn't have much in the way of callbacks to other singularities, if I'm not mistaken.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    The things one would need knowledge of the other singularities for:

- Merlin's talking about his feelings regarding the whole deal with Bedivere.

- Who king Hassan is (his appearance in the final battle is hype as fuck, but without Camelot most wouldn't know who exactly he is)

- The first scene where Mash is dreaming

- The last scene leading to Solomon (which would be bad to Adapt if they don't adapt Solomon immediately after).

- Who Solomon is (though he doesn't really have much a role in this singularity and none of the demon pillars are fought in the chapter)

Stuff like Mash's Character development aren't really important to Babylonia, in general people will definitely be confused in somethings, but compared to last encore where we didn't even know what kind of story was going to be adapated, this is WAY more accessible to new fans

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, the next recorded stream is two days after Valentine's, I wonder which Characters will be released at that point. I'm looking forward to it

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    We got Mash so next up would be the Guda I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    We got Mash so next up would be the Guda I assume.
    Perhaps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Straight up lying again huh
    Non players will be able to watch it, which is, strictly speaking, the definition of “accessible”

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Do we know how many episodes this is gonna get?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Saying it will be accessible to new fans. The 7th singularity is gonna get animated before the 6th.

Good job.

Like for fucks sake, i know they want to get as many people to watch as possible but that kinda goes out the window when the project was based on the votes of people who are already fans. I mean the new fans won’t even know who da vinci is.

But yeah, i just hope they don’t actually change stuff for the worse for accessibility.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    Do we know how many episodes this is gonna get?
    No clue, we don't even know what season it's going to air

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Probably Fall? We know Case Files will be on Summer. Truly year for fate adaptation
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Saying it will be accessible to new fans. The 7th singularity is gonna get animated before the 6th.

Good job.

Like for fucks sake, i know they want to get as many people to watch as possible but that kinda goes out the window when the project was based on the votes of people who are already fans. I mean the new fans won’t even know who da vinci is.

But yeah, i just hope they don’t actually change stuff for the worse for accessibility.
    "You see Gudao, a Servant is a magical being summoned from history and myth to fight for the Holy Grail..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Last time they lied about the show being friendly to non-players, we got the confusing mess that is LE. But I doubt they can mess up a story structure that is very straightforward like Babylonia. Just spend the first episode to explain the backgrounds and end it with them landing on Uruk and it should be fine imo.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    special episode 0 1 hour length to do the explanation
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

If they don't intend to adapt Solomon and they want to make it open for new viewers, they could always refocus the story into having Tiamat as the final villain of Grand Order and introducing the Demon Pillars here as something new aside from the Lahmu. That does away with the problem of not having introduced the Grand Caster, it can tie up Lev's story (though First Order shows him at Timeless Temple, they could adapt that as being somewhere in Babylon) and leaves the Camelot duology as a prequel that focuses on the Servant side of the Grand Orders rather than the Beasts/Pillars/etc (I have hope that Camelot might come out at some point before the finale of Babylon, unless this is just a single cour show). If they don't want to rewrite the story, I don't know how this can be accessible to new viewers. I don't think that an hour-long episode 0 could be anything resembling a satisfactory summary of what the anime is skipping over, but idk, it's all up in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

US Friend Code
    At the very least I think Merlin's scene about Bedivere could easily be skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    If they don't intend to adapt Solomon and they want to make it open for new viewers, they could always refocus the story into having Tiamat as the final villain of Grand Order and introducing the Demon Pillars here as something new aside from the Lahmu. That does away with the problem of not having introduced the Grand Caster, it can tie up Lev's story (though First Order shows him at Timeless Temple, they could adapt that as being somewhere in Babylon) and leaves the Camelot duology as a prequel that focuses on the Servant side of the Grand Orders rather than the Beasts/Pillars/etc (I have hope that Camelot might come out at some point before the finale of Babylon, unless this is just a single cour show). If they don't want to rewrite the story, I don't know how this can be accessible to new viewers. I don't think that an hour-long episode 0 could be anything resembling a satisfactory summary of what the anime is skipping over, but idk, it's all up in the air.
    I seriously doubt they would rewrite it to that extent, even more when FGO being so successful now that new adaptations will never being out of the table.

Anyway, it's not that what happened in early Singularities is that relevant. The main thing is Solomon in London.