Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Camelot Anime

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    no, you call that underused.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I mean, you can't have every song play all the time, or even the same amount of times. Most music in a soundtrack is written to fit very specific scenes, and is usually (if good) very thematic in its composition as well, so playing it during some other part might sound good, but you lose the entire thematic point of the song. Most of the time, when a song only plays during 1 or 2 moments, and those moments are the climax of a confrontation or similar, then that's what they're made for and that's why they're good. They're not underused, they're used just the right amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Imo deen ost/bgm is overrated

- - - Updated - - -

(I'm not saying that it doesn't have any good tracks)
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    no, you call that underused.
    underutilized
    not used to their full potential

- - - Updated - - -

like when fist awakening peaks but we get this absurd animation of shirou summoning knb which looks so goofy and out of place compared to super-polished on-model everything before and after
    or emiya

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Emiya has the right moment and amount, and have been played 3 times
    I'm not saying that they need to play it as much as battle to the strong, but most tracks of ubw are underutilized
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Zero's OST was mostly very forgettable to me, outside of a few tracks, like The Battle Is To The Strong, which was totally awesome. KnK's soundtrack meanwhile, was simply amazing. Best soundtrack for any TM work ever imo (I have not heard the soundtracks from Apo, Mahoyo, or the HF anime movies yet). Ufo's UBW's soundtrack was somewhere in the middle for me, I think. The soundtrack for the FSN VN is also really good imo. And actually, while the anime itself was pretty mediocre, I rather liked the soundtrack from the old Deen FSN anime. It had a lot of good, original tracks. Kodoku Na Junrei is my favourite. Prisma Illya...I honestly don't find the soundtracks from any of the seasons very memorable, though I really really like S1's rendition of Emiya (Shoujo Shinka!). It's one of my favourite versions of the track. The movie's soundtrack was also overall fairly decent to me. Probably mostly because I like all the remixes of Miyu's theme.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    The Fate/Zero half of the post
    I always found the The Battle Is To The Strong overused the vocals. I recognize that's kind of a Kaijura thing, and it worked spectacularly for Lancer And Assasin in HF, but in The Battle Is To The Strong it just sounds repetitive to the point that I get sick of it before it can really get to a good part. IMO Point Zero was a triumph, but that's no secret.

The Dream Fades Before Dawn 3 manages to be quietly creepy in a way that nevertheless induces terror, and is beyond perfect for the moment Angra Mainyu takes hold of Iri and empties everything good about her into oblivion.

Dogfight 2 was also good. Because it really did fit the image of BerserkerJet chasing after Gil, who literally couldn't give two shits about all the bullets and rockets being fired at him because one shooting them at him bores him.

Army of the King was very exciting, and suited Iskandar's over-the-top bombast to a T, and Babylonia was a far better theme for Gil than anything he's gotten since (*cough*King of Gold*cough*), though I've always loved the way the threatening motif in Dark Glow just creeps up on you. However very little else stood out to me in the F/Z OST.

The Unlimited Blade Works half of the post
    Meanwhile, the UBW OST (particularly a lot of unreleased tracks) had a lot of real gems in it, including giving Shirou and Archer distinctive, separate themes, and giving Rin, Taiga, Berserker, Caster, Shinji, even the freaking track team Luvia who appears for less than three minutes their own leitmotifs, all of which I found fit the characters really well. Find a quick look over here on YouTube, but I don't think I want to post an ffshrine forum link where you can get all the tracks separately in a public setting since the site's basically all illegal downloads.

Gotta love Herc's dubstep. THE BASE MOTIF COULD EASILY FIT INSIDE HIS NP ANIMATION IN F/GO GET ON THAT DELIGHTWORKS!

As for things in the released tracks, I really like most of them, but my personal favorite original piece is probably Storm.

The Madder Red Town cover in the Sunny Day ending is also a lot less annoying than the one in the game (not the one in the credits, I'm pretty sure that was directly transplanted from the original VN, I mean the one in the last scene itself).

In my opinion, Fukasawa's Excalibur is actually a lot better than Kaijura's. It's tone is medieval, it's exciting, and it doesn't add unnecessary vocals that nearly overshadow the original track. I would be fine if Kaijura did this for the Black Excalibur because the vocals really took away from the track overall. Not enough attention was payed to the instruments, there were just a few woodwinds and strings, and Kalafina's dissonant chanting. It sounded like any other fight track on the F/Z OST. Meanwhile, in Unlimited Blade Works, we've waited for this moment for twenty-three episodes iirc, and even though it's a very short rendition it is perfect for the scene, and still sounds beautiful on its own. The opening has the best rendition of that section of Sword of Promised Victory, and really does exemplify how grateful she is to have met Shirou and Rin. I've always thought that Sword of Promised Victory sounded too much like the theme of a rampaging tyrant, and that's not what Saber is anymore, which makes it kind of disappointing that it's the only theme she really gets in the entire series, just because it's become so iconic. But keeping it short actually mitigated that a lot. It was exciting, but kept brief enough to be less of a rampage, and more of a bright spark.

I actually liked Vortex of Fate too, despite knowing that it sort of was used to shunt out Church on the Hill in a sense as Kotomine's theme, but at the same time, Spiral of Fate was used very often when Kotomine was on-screen in the VN anyway, and Vortex added the eerie Fuyuki Fire mix of Shirou's new leitmotif to it as well.
    Last edited by Draconic; September 22nd, 2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    @Draconic

I don't agree with you on the vocals in The Battle Is To The Strong, personally. To me they're exactly what makes the song so good, and if you remove them the song wouldn't even be half as good anymore to me. I do however agree with you that they are overused in Kajiura's rendition of Sword of Promised Victory, and I also agree that Point Zero is really really good. I forgot about that one, actually. I like Dark Glow more than Babylonia, personally. I somehow never realized there were so many tracks from UBW that were never released on the OST's. Will definitely have to check those out. I like UBW's OST a lot more than Zero's, overall.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Vocals in Kajiura's OSTs (particularly Zero, KnK and Madoka) definitely resonate with me, I really like them in Sword of Promised Victory, though the arrangement that directly follows that segment is my favorite part.
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; September 22nd, 2018 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That song instantly associated Saver with it whenever I hear it. It was just that epic seeing Nero struggle against an unbeatable being and hearing something so beautiful paired with it during that scene.

I think another Last Encore OST worth mentioning is Wild Hunt. Sure it was used during the Drake battle, but I found it more memorable when hearing it during the Gawain battle.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I only remember Last Encore's ED

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

Real villain of the singularity
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Getting Taokaka vibes, though I doubt that's Chiwa Saito under that suit.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I can't imagine how difficult it must be to jump around like that in that suit.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    to tell you it's a year away
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Hosoi Mieko on chara design?

Goddamn we are blessed with good things today.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Nobunaga is coming to voice Ritsuka so looks like Gudao also gets Camelot. Sad but not surprising

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    It's surprising that Fukasawa will be back for this

- - - Updated - - -

The fgo original composer will help too
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet