Thread: Divine Reencounter - A sweet meeting between lover gods

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Divine Reencounter - A sweet meeting between lover gods

So, for those who don't know, I made a sheet for the Japanese gods Inari and Ukemochi. Since they're married, I was suggested to include a dialogue between them in their sheets, but I came up with an idea for a story instead. It's been a long time since the last time I wrote something besides Servant sheets, so I'm rusty, but if people like how it looks so far, I'll finish it.

PS: Yeah, I know that you usually can't summon Divine Spirits like normal Servants and all that stuff, but please bear with me. I just want to write cute loli yuri okay?

---

The table of the restaurant was covered in practically all its entirety with numerous dishes. Meat, fish, vegetables… All kinds of food could be found there, a mini-paradise that made the passersby avert their looks, wondering who could have made such a large – and expensive – order. It looked as if a whole family could eat with that amount of food and still leave leftovers, and that was what astonished people the most after their eyes noticed the customers. There were only two people: a man and a girl. There was nothing remarkable about the man. He looked like an average citizen, and he had barely eaten one dish. The girl, however, was different. She was short and pudgy, and wore a simple yet elegant green kimono. The chopsticks on her hand made countless U-turns, traveling from her mouth to a different plate each time, at such a speed that following their movement with the naked eye was hard. Seeing her hand rushing towards the meal like that, there was no room for wondering why she was plump. Looking back at the man, he was to be pitied. The expression on his face struggled between the joy of pleasing the girl and the grief of having to pay a bill with a large cipher on it.

– *gnof gnof gnof gnof gnof* Yummy~! – the girl suddenly exclaimed, giving the chopsticks a brief rest to announce her delight – Modern food is so tasty~! Thank you for this, Master!

For the people foreign to the couple, the term Master was strange. Just by looking at their clothes, it was easy to assume that she had a superior status to him. That much was in a sense true, but for those who knew them, Master was a clear sign of what they were in truth. The man was a mage, and the girl was his Servant. Being a Master implies a contractual superiority, no matter the social status of the Servant. From the wealthiest of kings to the filthiest pariah, the Servant is the one to receive orders. But that doesn’t have much to do with this story.

The restaurant at which the kimono-clad Servant restlessly devoured while her Master did his best to avoid crying in public was situated near the shopping district of the city. During the day, going out on a date like this is not much of a problem, as the probabilities of battling are null in order to prevent that the masses know of magecraft and the Holy Grail War. Combat is only done at night, the day is for planning and scouting. Reconnaissance was precisely the reason why another girl, dressed as a miko, was walking down the street. Her big, hazel eyes constantly changed direction, looking at every shopfront as if she was at a museum seeing the paintings. Her countenance was rather sober, her mouth not curving even a single millimeter, but the faint gleam on her eyes revealed that, deep inside, that girl was happy with what she was seeing.

– I can feel the happiness of this district’s shopkeepers as they earn their living – she commented as she kept walking, her short hair bobbing slightly with each step – This is good. I could get to like this place.

Just as she passed by the restaurant, the scrutinizing eyes of the stroller met with the figure of the hungry Servant. The back was the only thing she could see, but that sufficed for her to recognize the gluttonous girl. The thing is both girls had known each other for a lot of time, even more than what the life of a human lasts. It was a relation that started centuries, millennia, perhaps even eons before this story.

– That girl… – she groaned with a hand on her face, showing the irritation that what she was seeing made her feel – She hasn’t changed at all…

With her mood worsened, the girl decided to enter the restaurant. She wouldn’t eat anything there, she would enter to talk with her acquaintance. Her walking pace was faster than before, although not reaching the realm of running. As soon as she crossed the door, a waiter welcomed her with the habitual courtesy of the profession, but he was quickly rejected and ignored.

– Welcome! Table for one? – the waiter asked politely.

– Move it! – the miko ordered him with an angry tone as she passed him in her throttle.

As a heat-seeking missile, she headed straight towards her target. The sight of a frowning young miko throttling between the tables made people look at her with an expression of surprise, same as how they weren’t able to avert their gazes from the table she was walking to. As soon as she arrived to the table, the Master, who was sitting in front of her, ceased his internal crying to look at the visitor. It was unnecessary, though, as the priestess didn’t need anything from him, but from his partner.

– I knew it was you… – she said without bothering to say “hello”.

It wasn’t until she heard the words that the Servant girl turned her head to see who was behind her. With a cascade of noodles streaming down from between her lips, she emitted a sound as if asking “who are you?”. The grumpiness of the miko increased, not for not being recognized, but for the rudeness of someone not swallowing their food before trying to talk with others.

– For the love of… How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that with the food? – the miko grunted in annoyance – When will you learn some manners?

The eater noisily slurped her noodles, without stopping looking at the shrine attendant. In the few seconds it took her to empty the bowl, a question without answer popped inside her head.

“Why do I feel like I know her, if I haven’t seen her before?”

– Do we know each other? – she asked, now with her mouth empty.

– Of course we do – the miko sighed – But I guess you can’t recognize me with this body… I can’t blame you for that.

For the Master, who knew even less than his Servant about what was happening, that was a strange quote. Logically, a normal human wouldn’t refer to their body as if they had more than one. In his inexperience, it took him some seconds to understand that, if that girl knew his Servant, it was because she was another Servant as well. But why would a Servant approach the enemy during the day? It was a risky maneuver to do, as it could give away relevant information and cause problem in the case of a battle starting. Anyways, just in case, he put himself on guard.

– What are you doing here? You are an enemy, aren’t you? – he asked.

The newfound Servant glanced at him with a hue of tiredness in her eyes. Upon further inspection, she looked more stressed than serious. It looked as if asking her any question would only make her feel more and more tired.

– I’m not here to fight, don’t worry. I just want to talk with this poor excuse of a Servant that only lazes about and eats as if there was no tomorrow.

As soon as her Master had started talking, the subject in question had gone back to eating, as if nothing of this had to do with her, much to the annoyance of her unknown acquaintance. Overcome by mental fatigue, she sat down gently at her side, releasing another sigh packed with stress. As soon as her bottom landed on the cushioned seat, she clenched her fist and hit her neighbor on the head.

– When do you plan to stop gobbling up like a pig and pay attention, you lazy goddess?

The punch was painful enough for the receiver to put her hands on the area of impact. She had dropped her chopsticks, and her face had almost sank in the umpteenth dish she was eating. Tears of pain peeked from the corners of her eyes, as she complained about how it hurt without opening her mouth. It was like a young kid trying not to cry after their mother had beat them for being bad. As the so-called goddess didn’t rise her head, the priestess called her attention once more.

– Hey! I’m talking to you, Ukemochi!

Ukemochi was the name of the goddess of food in Japan. She also was the goddess of flora and fauna. The novice Master, who had been unable to discern even the identity of his own Servant, was shocked to know what her True Name was. Now, if he had summoned Ukemochi, who could know her? There wasn’t much on her lore that could give information about the Servant that was now sitting with them, and her appearance didn’t match with someone from ancient times. Unless she was…

– Ouch, ouch, ouch… This psychological abuse… This act of domestic violence… Don’t tell me you are Inari…?

Yet another shocking name had been announced. This time it was Inari no Ōkami, one of the most worshiped Shintoist gods. The deity of agriculture, prosperity, industry, rice, tea, and more, who has over a third of all the Japanese shrines dedicated to herself, and who is married to Ukemochi. For a human like Ukemochi’s Master, to have two goddesses sharing a table with him was something unthinkable, yet it was happening right now. In his astonishment, he found himself unable to articulate a single word properly, same as how a computer would bug after trying to process more information than what it can.

– You finally noticed it. That’s right, it’s me: Inari.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cute. Are you thinking of continuing this, or is it just a one-shot?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll most likely continue it to introduce a proper conversation between the two god lolis, the end would be very open if I leave it like this

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am interested. Will this be only cute fluff or will it have action too?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Only cute yuri here. I'm awful at writing battle scenes.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Second part. Sorry for writing so slowly and ending the posts with cliffhangers like these, but I'm still very rusty.

---

Third-rate. Without potential. The last of his lineage. That’s how the nameless Master had always been described by fellow mages. Nobody would believe him if he said he had been sharing a table with not one, but two goddesses, let alone if he included a description of their appearances. Few people could possibly imagine two little girls as deities, after all.

First of all, there was the chubby girl with a green kimono and her hair tied back sitting in front of him. There were many things in her appearance that showed her carefree behavior, from the pudginess of her belly, which showed that she didn’t worry much about burning calories, to the excuse of a bun she wore, something that looked more like as if someone had mistaken her hair for spaghetti and tried to roll it up with a fork. That was the man’s Servant, Ukemochi no Kami.

Next, there was the miko of undefined age. She had the constitution of a little girl that has barely been grazed by puberty, but both her countenance and aura gave her a mature look. She could perfectly be either twelve or twenty, and few would disagree. Not a single strand of her short hair was out of place, nor a wrinkle could be seen in her clothes. She didn’t have bags under the eyes, but her way of looking showed fatigue. She seemed to be the kind of person that works hard and expects others to do the same as well, something to be expected from her, as she was in truth Inari no Ōkami.

The carefree goddess of food and the seasoned goddess of agriculture and prosperity. Such figures were now casually sitting at a restaurant with a human, and the first had already befriended him, or at least formed a bond with him. Of course, the mortal was more than surprised to discover who he was with. He found himself unable to open his mouth to say any intelligible, his vocal cords tangled into a figurative Gordian knot. It was only when he was talked to by Inari that said knot was untangled.

– Hey. You there.

– Yes?! – he abruptly answered, with his whole body stiffened and the skin of his back bristling like the spikes of a hedgehog – Is there anything you require me, great goddess Inari?!

That way of reaction was just like that of a rookie soldier when the drill sergeant speaks with him. It was logical considering his situation, but the goddess sighed with exasperation nevertheless.

– Just Inari is fine, you know…? – she said, trying to loosen him – Well, whatever. Don’t worry about the bill, I’ll pay this time.

What an offer. To have the food bill paid by a god is something that doesn’t happen every day. And on top of that, to be told not to use any honorifics. The nerves on the poor Master were about to be overloaded with tension, just the opposite effect of what Inari wanted to happen.

– N-no! It’s fine! I invited her to have lunch, so…! – he replied in the same manner as before.

– I don’t want to hear any excuse – Inari interrupted him with a dry tone as she took out a wallet from the sleeve of her haori. It seemed as if she was getting angry at him for contradicting her. Trying her patience anymore would be quite a bold move – You’re taking care of my wife, so this is the least I can do.

The conversation between goddess and human ended there. Unable to retaliate against her, the Master accepted that Inari paid the bill. It was soon after that that Ukemochi was forced to stop asking for seconds by her wife and the bizarre trio left the restaurant. The waiters dismissed them with tears of joy, more than happy to have received a customer that had given them so much profit. Said customer was happy as well, her tummy even more stuffed than before, but that feeling wasn’t shared by her companions.

– For the love of… 30,000 yens just for one person… – Inari grunted as she shook her wallet upside down, only to see a few tiny coins drop on the palm of her hand – Don’t you know how to show any restraint?

– I’m glad I didn’t have to pay for that… – the Master mumbled between tears of relief, grateful for having been saved by literal divine intervention. If he hadn’t prayed to any god before, it was most likely that he started doing it from that moment on.

Ukemochi was the only to have a face of true bliss, content with this event. She had eaten lots of tasty food with her Master, and now her wife was with her. She was so happy she could start singing a song, or just pretending to play music by softly patting her full stomach as if it was a drum.

– Phew, everything was delicious~! It’s a pity I didn’t have time to try the whole menu, but it’s fine!

The unshared happiness of the goddess was irritating to her Master and her wife. An apology was the least she could have done after making others pay for a meal that, despite being for only one person, had cost the same as that of a meeting of fifteen people. If they had been characters of a comic or a cartoon, this would have been the scene in which they chased her with a tank or a cage with a Malaysian tiger inside. Luckily for her, Inari was more than used to this and just complained, and her Master was busy feeling blessed.

– Hey guys, don’t make those faces! – she said, trying to cheer them up – Let’s enjoy ourselves for the rest of the day! Come on!

As she encouraged her partners, the merry goddess approached her grouchy wife and pulled the wide sleeve of her white haori. In a way reminiscent of a kid making her parents hurry up at the entrance of an amusement park, she started running without letting go of the cloth. Surprisingly for Inari, the strength Ukemochi was using to pull her was such that she wasn’t only being dragged, but also lifted as if she didn’t weigh at all. She didn’t remember that her wife was so strong, not because her memories of it had faded away, but because she knew with certainty that her body didn’t possess such power in the past. Shaken in the air as a human-shaped kite, her usual composure and seriousness disappeared and gave way to disconcert.

– Wa-! What are you doing?! Let me down!

Running with a speed as wondrous as her brawn, Ukemochi paid no heed to Inari’s words. In her run, she left behind her Master, but her childish grin indicated that she either hadn’t noticed or she didn’t care at all. Inari, however, looked back with concern while her body was still airborne. In only a few seconds, they had covered a large distance from the restaurant. Even the fastest of athletes would look like a snail if compared to the dashing deity.

– Hey! Your Master is still at the entrance of the restaurant! And where are you taking me?!

– Master will be fine! He may not look like it, but he’s actually very strong! – was the answer she received from a grinning Ukemochi that didn’t turn her head to reply – It’s been so long since the last time we met, so let’s go only the two of us on a date!

Blood rushed to the face of Inari and dyed her pale skin with a vivid red upon her hearing the word “date”. As out of character as it could look, the composed one was the member of this couple that got all flustered in this kind of situations. She could feel her ears burning and her whole head as if it was a steaming pressure cooker. Everything about this event suddenly felt embarrassing for her, but she wasn’t ashamed in the same way as in the restaurant. This was a different kind of embarrassment.

– A-a-a date?! In public?! Have you gone crazy?!

Nothing remained of the maturity that characterized Inari. Right now, she was the same as a shy teen after being asked out by the most popular boy of the whole school. Deep inside, she wanted to tell Ukemochi off for her usual audacity, but the accelerated pulsations of her heart interfered with her thought process.

– What’s the problem?! I’ve been dead for millennia, and now we’re together again! We have so much to talk about!

– G-geez…