Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Proofs that Gilgamesh doesn't love Altria and just see her as a "toy"?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think half the reason people ship them is the voice actors themselves.
    don't quote me on this

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    He's technically both. He's got the success of a Chad, but the attitude of an incel, mostly in that he shares their disgusting misogyny and entitlement.
    The entire point of an incel is that they don't get any, and thus hate women. You've just said "well he has high blood pressure even though he actually has low blood pressure".

He's misogynistic, sure, but an incel he ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Please leave GilxSaber shippers alone they're just having fun and not hurting anyone

SaberxDiarmuid shippers though...
    Shipping Saber/Diarmuid is like shipping Saber/Shirou. They're badly thought out, badly done and liable to end badly. They're all at their best when they're bros and murdering things side by side, or fighting each other, not romancing each other or brainwashing each other by shouting "GURL" a lot.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I can forgive edge but not terrible ass taste.

Blog Entries
    I can forgive edge but not terrible ass taste.
    Well they ain’t gonna taste like roses mate

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Well they ain’t gonna taste like roses mate
    There's probably a lube for that.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

After thousands of years in armor I don't think it would help much

It’s funny to see how some people still need to bring back this discussion even when years have passed since the VN and Fate ships (and why not, Typemoon ships) have demonstrated to be as problematic as this one. Solid fanbase for this ship and Gil’s popularity is, I guess, what keeps people bitter about this.

First of all, if something is confirmed so far from an official source is that Gil indeed loved Saber. Check Zero’s LN.

And I’m not going to get into Gil’s character and his flaws, but honestly I thought this was already discussed years ago. For Gil to be conceived as a mysoginistic character should at least have a hateful attitude towards every female character he interacts with, which is not the case because Gil, as a character, was not conceived to specifically hate on women, but on all people as stated in other works. Considering people as objects, things with worth, is something he does with everyone, it’s not applied for only one person. Gil’s sexist, for sure, but I don’t think he necessarily hates on women and much of his dialogue in FSN comes from Nasu aiming for his role as a plain villain and thus his personality not having any coherent connection with Nasu’s Proto!Gil or Cas!Gil, among others.

Yes, problematic fave and thus problematic ship, but enough of this kind of misconception of a character and his unrequited love when everyone turns a blind eye on Fate Route.

Hmm, what if, since Gil is stated to be a reflection (result?) of humanity in the era/context in which he is summoned, maybe his sexism is just an embodiment of the collective form of the sexism Shirou displays, hm hmm

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Many people don't turn a blind eye to the Fate route, though...?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Also "Shirou is somewhat Sexist" is nowhere near as bad as "Gil is literally a rapist" so that's very much a false equivalence.

It was a reference to the flaws of the Saber/Shirou, which flaws people easily justifies/apologies and no one really asks for proofs of his infatuation for Saber.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    It was a reference to the flaws of the Saber/Shirou, which flaws people easily justifies/apologies and no one really asks for proofs of his infatuation for Saber.
    Because we literally spend an entire Route in his head and know how he feels?

Then again, Gil's quite obvious about his feelings to and People still feel the need to white-wash him because they think that GilxSaber would look pretty together.

Please, where in that post do you see me saying “sexism is as bad as rape!!!!1!”?

Also, now it’s mentioned, where are the topics about that protagonist of that Type-Moon work who is a rapist?

You really think infatuation=love?? Also the rest I didn’t get I don’t know what white-washing has to do here.

Then again, all is reduced to “they look pretty >w<!!!!1!!”

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    Please, where in that post do you see me saying “sexism is as bad as rape!!!!1!”?
    "Yes, problematic fave and thus problematic ship, but enough of this kind of misconception of a character and his unrequited love when everyone turns a blind eye on Fate Route."

You directly compared Gil's views of Saber as a valuable object that he wants to possess and break with Shirou's sexism.

Like, look at Zero, Look at the Fate Route, look at his response to her in Unlimited Codes even.

Gil 'values' Saber in that he sees her as an object that he wants to possess, specifically for the purpose of breaking her in mind and body.
    Last edited by forumghost; August 16th, 2018 at 09:07 AM.

Tsukihime is 'that Type-Moon work', I presume?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I don't see why people need to defend Gil's view about him seeing Saber as Torture object

- - - Updated - - -

Tsukihime is 'that Type-Moon work', I presume?
    which one?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    I don't see why people need to defend Gil's view about him seeing Saber as Torture object
    Because if they acknowledge the ugliness of what he does, they'd have to acknowledge the ugliness of their fantasies.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Ahahaahaha that's so true.

They're afraid of his ugliness so they are trying to white-wash him
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

TBH, why Shirou's sexism is a thing? I am pretty sure that it is intended to be just one of the excuses he makes to play the hero.
    He just doesn't do it any other situation. It's an excuse to put himself in front of the others and take a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperversum View Post
    TBH, why Shirou's sexism is a thing? I am pretty sure that it is intended to be just one of the excuses he makes to play the hero.
    He just doesn't do it any other situation. It's an excuse to put himself in front of the others and take a blow.
    That aside, the Shirou x Saber romance, at least imo, reeks of narcissism just a tad bit.

But yeah, didn't know people shipped Saber x Gil unironically.