Page 1 of 52 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers] What happens to Sakura in the Fate/UBW routes?

[Spoilers] What happens to Sakura in the Fate/UBW routes?

So I was reading HF for the first time and it hit me: all the aweful stuff that happens to Sakura would probably keep happening in the other routes. Is there a way she could be saved, maybe even before Rin and Waver come to destroy the grail for good?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Well in Fate there's this bit where Caster mind controls her and makes her put on Scathach's costume, and that wouldn't be so weird on its own, but then she projects a dagger. She did it because of Archer already being in the Grail, please understand.

In UBW she has her beloved brother to take care of after the end of the route, aren't you glad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Well in Fate there's this bit where Caster mind controls her and makes her put on Scathach's costume, and that wouldn't be so weird on its own, but then she projects a dagger.
    Wait when did this happen?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Wait when did this happen?
    The Deen anime.

Sakura in Scathach's outfit? Really?

Don't tell me I need to rewatch that

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It wasn't really like Scath's outfit at all.

It was some black leather bondage suit.

Thank you ghost

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Sakura in Scathach's outfit? Really?

Don't tell me I need to rewatch that
    You need to rewatch that. every day until you appreciate it.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I cast a dark spell, summoning the spirit of Mike to answer OP's question...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See, this is what proves my point. Everyone just conveniently forgets about Sakura in Fate/UBW. Shirou moves in on Saber/Rin, neither of whom gave him the affection Sakura was throwing at him ever since they met. Rin never did anything for Shirou before UBW. Saber has the excuse of being in the Throne fo Heroes, but I don't buy that they fell in love over such a short period of time. Don't even get me started on the wholly undeserved Last Episode. It's as if Shirou found out about the orphans in UBW and HF, but did nothing about them and just let them suffer for eternity under the church. In every other route, Sakura quakes under the tyranny of her family; and even in her own route, Rin never pays for her crimes. Shirou isn't blameless for forgetting the girl who steered his life back into something resembling normality, but no one is as guilty as Rin. The fact that she gets to study at the Clock Tower instead of her more deserving sister is disgusting.
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    not enough fucking importants

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me wonder if Medea ever hooked Sakura up with the bondage bodice during Hollow
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't there something that came out later saying she actually isn't as screwed as everyone thought? Or did I cruor that.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Maybe the UBW BD booklet?
    tfw no Fate/One

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Wasn't there something that came out later saying she actually isn't as screwed as everyone thought? Or did I cruor that.

I...don’t think thats actually a thing

kota, found your book! Marc had it.

kidding aside, all routes have things that you wanted to happen and people you couldn’t save. There is actually a taiga dojo line that goes something like “if you want to save saber, play the saber route.” To flip that around, if you want sakura to be saved, play the sakura route
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Based Rin doesn't need no man to save her
    tfw no Fate/One

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't it possible that Zouken just rotted away sometime after the Fate and UBW routes? The whole reason he was so desperate on getting the Grail in the first place was because his soul was already falling apart, and with it permanently destroyed he'd have lost his last hope for reversing the deterioration. With Zouken gone for good, Sakura could just move on with her life and have a (semi-)happy ending, albeit still probably irrevocably traumatized and never getting to be with the love of her life.

Actually, that makes me wonder if the conflict over Waver and Rin dismantling the Grail was caused by Zouken trying to recreate it for one last desperate shot at immortality. If Nasu ever writes up a story based on those events, I'd bet there's a high chance we'd find out more on what happened to Sakura and Zouken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Based Rin doesn't need no man to save her

Rin is great.

edit; though unfortunately in non rin routes she doesn’t get paid a six figure salary to bang shirou in luvia’s broom closet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

wat

there is no such thing as a non rin route
    tfw no Fate/One

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Rin is great.

edit; though unfortunately in non rin routes she doesn’t get paid a six figure salary to bang shirou in luvia’s broom closet.
    Poor Shirou having his body sold to Luvia to fund Rin's research.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Isn't it possible that Zouken just rotted away sometime after the Fate and UBW routes? The whole reason he was so desperate on getting the Grail in the first place was because his soul was already falling apart, and with it permanently destroyed he'd have lost his last hope for reversing the deterioration. With Zouken gone for good, Sakura could just move on with her life and have a (semi-)happy ending, albeit still probably irrevocably traumatized and never getting to be with the love of her life.

Actually, that makes me wonder if the conflict over Waver and Rin dismantling the Grail was caused by Zouken trying to recreate it for one last desperate shot at immortality. If Nasu ever writes up a story based on those events, I'd bet there's a high chance we'd find out more on what happened to Sakura and Zouken.
    The latter scenario seems likely, but I thought in Fate and UBW that Sakura is no longer capable of being the Black Grail in those routes? Also, that just gave me an idea for my eventual UBW epilogue x Stone Ocean crossover.

I cast a dark spell, summoning the spirit of Mike to answer OP's question...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See, this is what proves my point. Everyone just conveniently forgets about Sakura in Fate/UBW. Shirou moves in on Saber/Rin, neither of whom gave him the affection Sakura was throwing at him ever since they met. Rin never did anything for Shirou before UBW. Saber has the excuse of being in the Throne fo Heroes, but I don't buy that they fell in love over such a short period of time. Don't even get me started on the wholly undeserved Last Episode. It's as if Shirou found out about the orphans in UBW and HF, but did nothing about them and just let them suffer for eternity under the church. In every other route, Sakura quakes under the tyranny of her family; and even in her own route, Rin never pays for her crimes. Shirou isn't blameless for forgetting the girl who steered his life back into something resembling normality, but no one is as guilty as Rin. The fact that she gets to study at the Clock Tower instead of her more deserving sister is disgusting.

One thing you do forget is that Rin was ALREADY kind of in love with Shirou in all routes, and in Fate and HF, she gracefully stepped aside. Sakura wasn't the only one who saw the high jump practice. Also, of course none of the routes are ideal, and personally, I'd prefer a combined UBW and HF route in which Sakura is saved and all, but Shirou gets with Rin and comes to the conclusion he does in UBW.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; August 16th, 2018 at 10:46 PM.