Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers] What happens to Sakura in the Fate/UBW routes?

JP Friend Code
    Can't shirou just...............give the crest back.Tbh I actually never knew it was the whole crest, I always thought she just gave him part of it or just like shared it because it's like an organ and like, even siblings can have difficulties accepting a transfer.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's kinda ruined and Rin doesn't exactly need more pipes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    I Don't Understand Because Crests Are Supposed To Have More Than Just Mana???? ??? ??? Crests were also the reason why Rin was the "heir" of the Tohsaka and like the whole reason why Sakura got in her position, because there is only one Tohsaka crest.

Now it's with Shirou because he needed more mana b

i you know what

i hate fate.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    At least in the anime, Shirou did end up seeing her most precious memories with the Crest Transfer, so how could she be too embarassed to consider it if that's what she did? I'm confused.
    She's not too embarrassed to consider it, she's just a little hesistant.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Sorry. Didn't read your post thoroughly, and it confused me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So uh is the anime better about the Crest stuff?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    OG visual novel with weird sex scenes or go home
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    So uh is the anime better about the Crest stuff?
    I dunno. The anime makes it LOOK like Shirou only received a portion of the Crest to make a contract with Rin to use UBW, but I dunno...Also, Rin definitely looks like she has some of the crest left.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    That’s all they showed, but I think the actual nasu notes from the episode was something like “and luvia and rin get into a major magical fight that shakes the academy, both leaving feeling like they had won.”
    The very opposite. Nasu's version wasn't even supposed to have reinforcement. Actually Nasu's version is kind of nothing like what we got.
    Quote Originally Posted by UBW scripts
    Mock Battle scene Rin and Luvia

The scene abruptly changes to a battle scene to surprise the viewer.
    Rin and Luvia's mock battle. Both them have their magecraft sealed and the barefisted fight unfolds.

The battle is between Rin with her "striking style" and Luvia with her "grappling style," that is, a martial arts fight involving different styles.

The contents of the mock battle is up to Muria and his anime staff. Go crazy!

The last deciding exchange is Rin hitting Luvia in the Medulla Oblongata with a high kick. Against a normal opponent this would be a deciding strike. After the high kick, Rin postures, showing Luvia her back.

Gasping and falling to her knees Luvia.... unexpectantly braces her legs and seizes Rin who had her back to Luvia.

Rin panics but is too late. Luvia, on the verge of fainting, lifts Rin off the ground and suplex's her.

Like that, Rin is thrown and hits a wall. As they've both recieved enough damage to make them faint, it's a double knock out.

As they both can longer continue to fight, the virtual space made by magecraft is released and its once again the auditorium.

The students (mob characters) who saw the battle chatter in awe while Shirou sighs.
    Last edited by You; October 20th, 2018 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

They fight in a magical holodeck?
    Last edited by warellis; October 20th, 2018 at 06:35 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then Rin was outright wrong and indeed wasn't aware of Crest Splitting. She probably was somewhat pissed when she learned of it post-UBW, but then took the don't cry over spilled milk attitude.
    Well Rin is trying to use the Crest to make a path. So she can funnel magical energy to Shirou.
    Maybe splitting the crest doesn't allow that to work or maybe you need to entire crest to establish the path.
    It's kind of weird if getting a crest fragment also meant you could siphon off magical energy from your main.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Either way, they still eventually tie once they actually release their magecraft. Also, maybe Reinforcement is so basic that it doesn't count in this case?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Well Rin is trying to use the Crest to make a path. So she can funnel magical energy to Shirou.
    Maybe splitting the crest doesn't allow that to work or maybe you need to entire crest to establish the path.
    It's kind of weird if getting a crest fragment also meant you could siphon off magical energy from your main.
    How so, since the act of creating a contract was through transferring the crest, right? Shouldn't that work with a partial crest as well? Also, considering Crest Splitting is done to reinforce the loyalty of branches to the main house, maybe they can siphon energy off the main Crest. Also, on a maybe unrelated note, the head of the El-Melloi faction is picked by determining which heir is most compatible with the Source Crest, so...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

How so, since the act of creating a contract was through transferring the crest, right? Shouldn't that work with a partial crest as well? Also, considering Crest Splitting is done to reinforce the loyalty of branches to the main house, maybe they can siphon energy off the main Crest. Also, on a maybe unrelated note, the head of the El-Melloi faction is picked by determining which heir is most compatible with the Source Crest, so...
    No, magically speaking Rin made a book into a pipe.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...01#post1946801

"...So you're saying it could destroy us both?"
    "Right, it would be out of the question for me to take your Magic Circuits, and giving my Magic Circuits to you would be a big mistake.
    So---"
    "So?"
    "I'll implant my Magic Crest into you."

---A Magic Crest.
    A bloodline's history, in which all its secrets and mysteries are written.
    If Magic Circuits are blood and bone, then the Magic Crest would be the flesh.

A Magic Crest is magic given form.
    The proof of a single magus's existence, as the family's head spends a lifetime giving intangible magic a form
    As the inheritor of a Magic Crest, Tohsaka can use the magic given shape by the past family heads

"...But that's---"
    "If I'm going to give something away, it's much easier if it's the Magic Crest. After all, unlike a Magic Circuit, it exists to be passed on.
    ...Well, it's not really a part of me the way my Magic Circuits are, but it's made from the Tohsaka lineage. It'll do just fine for a path."

"...Are you sure?"
    "Sure I'm sure. The magic that makes up the crest, well, it'll become useless, but I'll be able to convert it into a receiver.
    Oh, or are you asking about the success rate? If I'll be able to transplant the Magic Crest to someone outside of the family?"
    who knows if that would work with just half a crest or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, they still eventually tie once they actually release their magecraft. Also, maybe Reinforcement is so basic that it doesn't count in this case?
    ???

I'm of the opinion it could considering fully functional derivative Crests can be made from part of a Crest. If we're just making part of it into a pipe/siphon, then there's even less reason to believe it couldn't be done, especially since the Tohsaka crest is likely much bigger than the average crest of its age considering who they got stuff from.

I'm reading the scene and wondering if Rin saw any of Shirou's memories there.

JP Friend Code
    So like Caules & Fiore crest transfer is different from Rin & Shirou because the crest wasn't converted into a path?

Yeah.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    What happens to Sakura in UBW is she...probably...doesn’t get in a fight with luvia.

so she has that going for her
    Suprisingly, they seem like they would get along, and this wasn't me taking that Apo blurb into account, in fact that blurb only enhanced a feeling I had, which coincides with my next point.

Sakura in UBW can't even fight, except maybe Shinji.
    There was one part in FSN where Sakura was able to hold Taiga down and she was surprised by the grip strength. This coming from the person who flips Shirou several feet into the yard while being half asleep.
    Then I remembered that massage scene in Hollow, and we have that blurb from Apo now, that bit in All Around TM where she suplexes Rin, and then I thought maybe she would have a thing for submission style wrestling.

But then that is just me imagining Sakura sweetly giving a Figure Four and it makes me grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Suprisingly, they seem like they would get along, and this wasn't me taking that Apo blurb into account, in fact that blurb only enhanced a feeling I had, which coincides with my next point.

There was one part in FSN where Sakura was able to hold Taiga down and she was surprised by the grip strength. This coming from the person who flips Shirou several feet into the yard while being half asleep.
    Then I remembered that massage scene in Hollow, and we have that blurb from Apo now, that bit in All Around TM where she suplexes Rin, and then I thought maybe she would have a thing for submission style wrestling.

But then that is just me imagining Sakura sweetly giving a Figure Four and it makes me grin.
    Oh, didn't realize FSN Sakura actually had some wrestling/grappling knowledge. In any case, you or SeaDragon should rename one of yourselves Sakura's knight.

Oh, didn't realize FSN Sakura actually had some wrestling/grappling knowledge. In any case, you or SeaDragon should rename one of yourselves Sakura's knight.
    Yes in the massage scene in Ataraxia, Shirou thinks Sakura uses some sort of Chinese martial art move on Taiga at first.