Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers] What happens to Sakura in the Fate/UBW routes?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Wasn't Gil there to devour the worms for prana? I like to think he also ate Zouken just because the old man offended his aesthetic sense.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Wasn't Gil there to devour the worms for prana? I like to think he also ate Zouken just because the old man offended his aesthetic sense.
    Gil doesn't seem like the type to eat garbage.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    No he doesn't. Zouken would have to do more to offend the King of Heroes, though I'd also like to think (unlikely) that Gil has some standards as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    No he doesn't. Zouken would have to do more to offend the King of Heroes, though I'd also like to think (unlikely) that Gil has some standards as a hero.
    Gills just that cranky old man that always talks about how great it was back in his day, when in reality it was kinda of shit.

Never put it that way before, but it's true! He is that cranky old man on the front porch who talks about how great it was back in the old days.

He would've had the best "get off my lawn" ever though.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    He would've had the best "get off my lawn" ever though.
    Babylon chapter was basically this, right?

Oh boy he would. Children, dogs, mailmen, landscapers, no one would be safe.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Gil doesn't seem like the type to eat garbage.
    Yeah, probably. Still, it goes against one of the major themes of the novel, but we can hope, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Gills just that cranky old man that always talks about how great it was back in his day, when in reality it was kinda of shit.
    Not for him, it wasn't. And for Gilgamesh, the only other person who would matter has been dead and gone for millenia.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Indeed, when you aren't born out of convenience as a failsafe, and have the tutelage/resources you were always supposed to have, you end up pretty well off.
    Yup, still salty.

Here is the thing. Like Tobias was saying, his familiars seem easily replaced.
    Post Fate might, *might* have Ilya help her with the familiars already inside her and Zouken, but Nasu makes things mostly to foster conversation, so there isn't enough to go on there.
    She says she likes Sakura in HF, but was still loyal to her role as the Grail enough that she stays quiet about what she knows is going on with the system, so you can flip a coin.
    In post UBW if anything, she is the one who supports Shinji's recovery not the other way around, even the explanation of him changing is pretty much "eh, I feel better about myself, magecraft isn't anything to get mad over" and...that's about it. Wouldn't inform Rin or Shirou about any dealings his family had with Sakura for fear of incriminating himself.
    Zouken also says that he has a good 50 some odd years, and it's not clear what route the dismantling happens.

And even if Zouken is purified/destroyed/whatever, she still has self sustaining familiars in her body that have made it their home in her vital organs, taking energy/life force to sustain themselves, they just don't have a reason to exist anymore,it's not like they'll just melt away if Zouken dies.
    His soul jar is also in her heart since he is a coward, so there is that too. Which is why the Gil killing some worms bit doesn't hold water other than him doing the equivalent of burning some books in a workshop, might be a setback, but not a fatal one.

Even the dismantling thing isn't an assured thing, since who knows what happens there.

Ain't even a thing where I'd be saying to pity her or whatever, logically it's pretty bad and has been for a long time.

Didn't Zero make a big deal out of how Tokiomi didn't actually PLAN on Sakura being born, or at least on her being that gifted as a magus? I'm at least pretty sure they said they would've raised her normally if she wasn't, and they just gave her for adoption to the Matous so her talent wouldn't go to waste.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Didn't Zero make a big deal out of how Tokiomi didn't actually PLAN on Sakura being born, or at least on her being that gifted as a magus? I'm at least pretty sure they said they would've raised her normally if she wasn't, and they just gave her for adoption to the Matous so her talent wouldn't go to waste.
    Sakura was explicitly born as a failsafe because at the time, Rin was deathly ill and Tokiomi wasn't sure she would recover. When Sakura turned out to have as much potential as Rin, Tokiomi found himself in a conundrum. On one hand, he actually wanted to give his children the choice to learn magecraft like he himself was given, but unfortunately, they were both talented, and in Tokiomi's view, he couldn't let their talents go to waste, as that would be a failure as a parent and magus on his part. Furthermore, he also gave away Sakura to protect her because a magus with her potential without the protection of being a family's heir was ripe for a Sealing Designation, and he didn't want that. With all that in mind, Zouken's offer seemed too good to be true for Tokiomi, and he obviously had a MASSIVE blindspot concerning Zouken because he seemed to believe Zouken was as willing to honor alliances and agreements as he was.

Thanks for the replys everyone, it's interesting to hear other people's opinions and theories on this.

This may be a bit of a stretch, but isn't it possible to move Sakura's soul into a doll? Thus removing the worms? It could potentially work in theory, right?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I took it as less joke and more フォロー

Quote Originally Posted by Fatesshadow View Post
    Thanks for the replys everyone, it's interesting to hear other people's opinions and theories on this.

This may be a bit of a stretch, but isn't it possible to move Sakura's soul into a doll? Thus removing the worms? It could potentially work in theory, right?
    I guess?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I took it as less joke and more フォロー
    What does that mean? Like a follow up to a thing Takeuchi said? So does that mean it's half true?

Not that either scenario is very good anyway from dealing with your family, imo. It's kinda like trying to say destiny hosed her with nothing that could have been done, which seems kinda BS.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatesshadow View Post

You'd need to destroy the original body and have a Touko-tier doll in reserve good enough to trick the World.

Basically a whole ton of trouble and setup. The reason it worked with Shirou was because Illya was the Grail at the time, literally miracle girl.

It'd probably be easier and cheaper to grow her a new set of organs in a vat and then surgically swap them out.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    What does that mean? Like a follow up to a thing Takeuchi said? So does that mean it's half true?

Not that either scenario is very good anyway from dealing with your family, imo. It's kinda like trying to say destiny hosed her with nothing that could have been done, which seems kinda BS.
    Yeah, it's not really, but nobody's really trying to say destiny or accident of birth hosed Sakura from the beginning. Tokiomi's poor judgement of character and decision making skills hosed her.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean in Tokiomi's defence, he looked like a perfectly normal decrepit old man with hideous black eyes and a remorseless killer's smile and a horde of terrifying crawling things following him around.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean in Tokiomi's defence, he looked like a perfectly normal decrepit old man with hideous black eyes and a remorseless killer's smile and a horde of terrifying crawling things following him around.
    IKR. Totally trustworthy. In all seriousness, I think his poor decision to trust Zouken was based on his own loyalty to and respect for alliances, contracts, and promises between magi and assuming that Zouken, as the patriarch of an established magus family, shared that attitude.