Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3641444546474851 ... LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers] What happens to Sakura in the Fate/UBW routes?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Do I wanna know? Morbidly curious.
    You can just google it, it probably won't melt your brain.

Very, very small incidence. Negligible, really.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    She did. In UBW rin removes her entire crest to form the contract. She does not recover it.

fun fact, in fate, shirou doesn’t give saber one mystic circuit either. He sacrifices 30% of all his circuits. Something like 10.
    You mean about the "three tenths" mentioned here?: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1935652
    Her hair moves, and she raises her head.
    Tohsaka's not a morning person, so she's like a different person right now.

"Thanks, Tohsaka. It succeeded."
    "Yes, my magical energy is replenished, but Shirou is..."
    "No, I only lost about three tenths of it, so it's fine. I should be all right."

"T-Three tenths...!?
    I minimized how much I took, but I still took three tenths...? How greedy of me---"
    "Greedy, huh? I know you were hungry, but I wish you would've shown some manners."
    "---!"

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, though how much that impacts him is up in the air. Does that mean a lot less projections? Who knows. Judging by the fact that afterwards he can help power some Excalibur action in the Fate route, with some Avalon Discount Projection on the side, it doesn't seem to have bothered him much. Maybe MC power giving him parameter boost.

Hell, post HF Rin says he can use his RM if he trains and being literally jacked into a magic reactor has to mean something even if his circuits aren't totally okay atm. But one wonders if he was ever as crap as implied, or does that make Rin or Sakura's capacity more impressive because he is dwarfed by them.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Isn't it more a matter of him being so naturally geared for Projection specifically?

Blog Entries
    I would imagine it would mean he would be able to manifest the UBW or utilize a sword rain for a shorter period of time, if nothing else
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "...I see."
    The Magic Circuits I rarely used probably were taken away.
    I only activate one to four circuits for strengthening. I can't use any large-scale spells, so I've never fully activated all my circuits.
    It seems the Magic Circuits transplanted into Saber were those circuits I rarely used.
    He uses a very small amount of circuits for projection and stuff because its so discount.

It probably just means he has to train harder to manifest UBW since he's running with less circuits.
    I wonder if Shirou ever learns to parallel process his blueprints though since even during the Gilgamesh fight he's putting all the blueprints into one circuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    That was because IIRC he only had one Circuit that was active in UBW, because he opened it himself by accident when he reproduced K&B (So Rin never found out about his nerve-circuit idiocy and didn't help him by feeding him a Gem to turn them all on).

It's only at the end of the Gil fight when he activates UBW that he get's the other 26 working.
    Last edited by forumghost; October 24th, 2018 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    That was because IIRC he only had one Circuit that was active in UBW, because he opened it himself by accident when he reproduced K&B (So Rin never found out about his nerve-circuit idiocy and didn't help him by feeding him a Gem to turn them all on).

It's only at the end of the Gil fight when he activates UBW that he get's the other 26 working.
    Regarding the nerve circuits stuff, even if Kiritsugu had actually taught Shirou properly instead of deliberately half-assing and sorta lying to him, no one would really have been able to teach how to refine his abilities right?

I assume so.

Kerry really didn't show off too much knowledge of being a magus beyond his time shenanigans. Knowing stuff about bounded fields and the like doesn't exactly help with Shirous abilities mind you.

Really Shirou was gonna be a shit magus regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    I assume so.

Kerry really didn't show off too much knowledge of being a magus beyond his time shenanigans. Knowing stuff about bounded fields and the like doesn't exactly help with Shirous abilities mind you.

He seemed to have extensively taught Shirou other lore I noticed.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    I assume so.

kiritsugu was deeply knowledgeable on how magecraft works.

not because he practiced it, he just made a career killing people who did.

So yeah as a teacher he’s not that great in teaching about how to become said thing other then kill said thing
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    kiritsugu was deeply knowledgeable on how magecraft works.

not because he practiced it, he just made a career killing people who did.

So yeah as a teacher he’s not that great in teaching about how to become said thing other then kill said thing
    But then there's the whole, "if you cannot do, teach", which applies to Waver, so could that mean Kiritsugu just sucked at teaching?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But then there's the whole, "if you cannot do, teach", which applies to Waver, so could that mean Kiritsugu just sucked at teaching?
    There's a drama cd about Taiga and Kiritsugu where Taiga using a metaphor basically convinces Kiritsugu to teach Shirou wrong.
    Last edited by You; October 28th, 2018 at 04:27 PM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    There's a drama cd about Taiga and Kiritsugu where Taiga using a metaphor basically convinces Kiritsugu to teach Shirou wrong.
    Is there a transcript for this out there? Man, he REALLY sucks at teaching then, but somehow he taught Maiya how to become an assassin?

US Friend Code
    Again different specialities. He's really good at being an Assassin, thats his job. It's like asking a soldier to teach a person to become a doctor just because he is experienced in field medicine

anywhere than here

Is there a transcript for this out there? Man, he REALLY sucks at teaching then, but somehow he taught Maiya how to become an assassin?
    This is worse. He DELIBERATELY taught Shirou wrong out of hopes Shirou would give up due to the pain and apparently not accomplishing anything:
    https://m.facebook.com/DecJacky23/po...58315667743004

Note, he deliberately taught Shirou incorrectly. He deliberately put his child in danger there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    https://www.facebook.com/DecJacky23/...8315667743004/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTHp...pJfOvcd6kaumsU

sniped

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    This is worse. He DELIBERATELY taught Shirou wrong out of hopes Shirou would give up due to the pain and apparently not accomplishing anything:
    https://m.facebook.com/DecJacky23/po...58315667743004

Note, he deliberately taught Shirou incorrectly. He deliberately put his child in danger there.
    He followed Taiga's advice, nuff said.

That said though its not like I can't see what he did as really that wrong. Kerry knew the dangers of magecraft, and what it can turn people into. He knows why Shirou wants to pursue magecraft and sees danger in that, because he just wants to use it a tool. So him wanting to scare Shirou off it makes sense. He was up front telling Shirou he didn't want to teach him, that he can stop whenever he wished and that it wasn't really a good idea to do what he wanted. He tried everything he could to deter Shirou from going down that path, but he couldn't deny him because of what he went through.

That and the second option Taiga mention was probably also fine with him.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    He followed Taiga's advice, nuff said.

That said though its not like I can't see what he did as really that wrong. Kerry knew the dangers of magecraft, and what it can turn people into. He knows why Shirou wants to pursue magecraft and sees danger in that, because he just wants to use it a tool. So him wanting to scare Shirou off it makes sense. He was up front telling Shirou he didn't want to teach him, that he can stop whenever he wished and that it wasn't really a good idea to do what he wanted. He tried everything he could to deter Shirou from going down that path, but he couldn't deny him because of what he went through.

That and the second option Taiga mention was probably also fine with him.
    There's the line where Taiga says if the person were to continue down this mistaken path it'd actually be admirable. Kiritsugu agrees
    However each time you make a magic circuit rather than switching to your own, there's a big chance of killing yourself. That's why magi only do it once to learn what a circuit feels like.
    Kiritsugu was teaching Shirou to do it everytime.
    Last edited by You; October 28th, 2018 at 05:11 PM.

US Friend Code
    There's the line where Taiga says if the person were to continue down this mistaken path it'd actually be admirable. Kiritsugu agrees
    However each time you make a magic circuit rather than switching to your own, there's a big chance of killing yourself. That's why magi only do it once to learn what a circuit feels like.
    Kiritsugu was teaching Shirou to do it everytime.
    True, tho for something that dicey and risky Shirou was able to do that fine for years continuing it every night so I admit I’m a bit skeptical on how deadly it is but yeah seeing other people’s reactions to it yeah Shirou was probably a weirdo in this as well.

in any case though Kerry was probably counting on that chance of death that Shirou would expierence everytime to deter him and give up, since no one has the mentality to stomach that, normally at least. Plus he probably planned to step in if Shirou really messed up when he was teaching him how to do it.

anywhere than here