Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Umineko Oneshot Game

Now we're onto a Caster culprit theory?

I'll crush that just as easily as I crushed the Lancer culprit theory.

Caster and Ilya died at roughly the same time as well.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Y-you fiend, you didn't really do what I think you did with this Twilight...does your madness know no bounds!?

I was about to go to bed, but I need to know otherwise I won't be able to sleep.

So give it to me in red: "Both Caster and Ilya died within their respective guestrooms."
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

If you can come up with a proper theory for it, I wouldn't mind repeating something like that~
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries
    For what it's worth, if anyone watching does want to join in, feel free. Otherwise I feel really bad when I see from the timestamps that I haven't responded in a week due to being really busy. A game is truly most fun when it's being played together after all.
    Anyways, back into character - *ahem*

================================

How dastardly, with nothing more than a wink and a smile you watched as I walked down the completely wrong track with my theories. Truly you are a Umineko veteran.
    Hmm... in my mind's eye I can still see too many paths to take, but I shalln't fall for the same thing twice so I'll eliminate some dead ends early with a few Red Truth requests.

Let's start with the concept of those pesky Keys. We've already established that there are no master/skeleton keys, but to completely shut down any wiggle room I'd like you to expand with this in Red:
    "Aside from only unlocking their own sole designated guestrooms, there only exists a single copy of each Key."

What else? Oh yeah, those ventilation ducts. We established that no person, nor weapon passed through them but nobody brought up the keys at either times. So once again in Red please:
    "During their stay at the mansion, at no point did any object pass through any of the ventilation ducts."

Oh and one more thing while I remember. I really hate cop-out endings so since we've established the fact that there were multiple culprits I wanted to make sure you didn't do something disappointing:
    "There was no greater than four Culprits during the Third Twilight" or maybe "There was at least one amongst the Survivors who had no knowledge nor participation in the acts of murder." would be better for you?

Whatever works, I just really hate clichés like "everybody was in on it" if you get which mystery stories I'm referring to.

That'll do for now.

Very well, as you wish. I'm feeling generous so I'll give you all 4

"Aside from only unlocking their own sole designated guestrooms, there only exists a single copy of each Key."

"During their stay at the mansion, at no point did any object pass through any of the ventilation ducts."

"There was no greater than four Culprits during the Third Twilight"

"There was at least one amongst the Survivors who had no knowledge nor participation in the acts of murder."

Honk

Blog Entries
    Mmm'kay, getting closer...

Next up on my list is the matter of those windows. If you would be so kind, "At no point during their stay at the mansion did anything pass through the windows of the guestrooms."

If it so happens that you choose to decline that Red request, then I have a bit of an unorthodox follow up request. I would like to ask for a description of what the windows open out onto - it doesn't have to be a terrible complex answer, just enough so I can get an idea in my mind if they're ground floor, near to each other etc etc.

Obviously if you do manage to say my original request in Red then you can completely ignore the window descriptor as that would be rendered irrelevant.

Very well. If it'll help you come up with a theory...

At no point during their stay at the mansion did anything pass through the windows of the guestrooms.

Honk

Blog Entries
    And now onto the last thing that was bothering me. Namely that previously I had asked if the victims had died within their own guestrooms, but thinking back I can't believe I was so lax as to not confirm where they were found.

Therefore I ask you to amend a previous Red Truth: "All the victims were killed and discovered within their own respective guestrooms."

No Kansas City shuffle shenanigans here. >_>

Very well, but I will add a small edit to that that I don't think you can complain about.
    All the victims in thee third twilight were killed and discovered within their own respective guestrooms.

Honk

Blog Entries
    Drat, I thought I might've had you with that one. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Y'know, I feel like I haven't been taking this seriously enough and so to get a little motivation going I'll say this:

There's two weeks left in February and so if I haven't solved it by the end of the month, I'll concede defeat to your superior Game Master abilities...

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to double check something that I had previously been taking for granted.

The doors to the guestrooms have an inside lock iirc that allows you to lock the door from the inside without needing a key, but would the reverse also be true, namely that one could unlock the door from the inside without the key?

Yes, keys are only required to lock/unlock doors from outside. If you're already inside the room, you can freely lock or unlock the door.

Honk

Blog Entries
    With four culprits amongst the Survivors there exist many opportunities for deceit in a so called "Locked Room". Upon arriving at Ilya's door, the other three create a distraction whilst the fourth discreetly opens the door, tosses in Caster's Key before locking the door with Ilya's Key. Then when arriving at the final stop - Lancer's room, they repeat the process and toss Ilya's Key in before locking the door with Lancer's Key thus creating the illusion of a perfect ring.

So try to repeat this in Red: "After the Six Survivors met in the Main Hall, all of the Victims' doors were locked and were only opened once after they had left the Hall."

At no point was a key tossed from outside the room into inside the room.

That should cover your blue truth.

As for your request, I'm afraid I'm unable to comply with it for now.

Honk

Blog Entries
    Mmm. I did think that last Red Request might have been too greedy as it was essentially a two-in-one deal.

Try this one on for size: "Once the Six Survivors gathered in the Main Hall, each of the murder victims who fell on the third twilight already had the key to the next room in their possession."

Hmm, the final hurdle I see really is just working out the window of time in which the trick happened, I'll pause and watch how you respond before launching another Blue Truth...

That one I'll allow.

Once the Six Survivors gathered in the Main Hall, each of the murder victims who fell on the third twilight already had the key to the next room in their possession.

Honk

Blog Entries
    Interesting, if the Keys were already in place then that leaves me with only a few angles left to try...

Not all of the Victims' doors were locked when the group set out. For example, Caster's room could have been unlocked and after retrieving the Key from Ilya's room, the other three culprits make a distraction whilst the fourth secretly locks Caster's door thus creating the illusion of the Locked Room Ring.

Oh? What's this blue truth?

Spoiler:

Congratulations

With your determination, you have finally managed to pierce through the mystery of third twilight and successfully revealed the truth. The cat box that had been hidden in the darkness has once more been dragged to the light, and this time, successfully unlocked.

Indeed, that is the trick behind the third twilight.

Ahhhhh~ this game took much longer than expected. But in the end, I suppose this is the fate of all such mysteries. I commend you again, on successfully solving the third twilight, along with all the other players who successfully solved the first and second twilight and created a base of red truth to battle with.

Not bad. This wasn't bad at all.

Honk

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    We did it, everybody.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    It's over!

Thank you, Skull! You're way better than Ange ever was!