Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Zero canon to the FSN rutes..?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You need to wait for one to die and then there's like a vote or something. Alternatively Klingon promotion.
    Right. ​Gets Black Key ready

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Illya and Saber seeing each other on Day3 should start some serious gears turning in each of their heads, they should basically start FSN on personal basis.

F/HA kinda patches it up, but not really.
    That one isn't an issue to me because I always assumed Saber kept her mouth shut deliberately, maybe so as not to stir up painful memories, maybe because she didn't quite trust Shirou yet at the time due to his last name. Besides, Presage Flower also fixes this, since Saber basically tells Shirou the bare bones of her role in the 4th Holy Grail War.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Saber reacts to seeing Gil open GoB in FSN with surprise (Saber witnessing GoB in Zero count: 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Illya and Saber seeing each other on Day3 should start some serious gears turning in each of their heads, they should basically start FSN on personal basis.

F/HA kinda patches it up, but not really.
    Remember kids, Saber is not only a dumbass but also a body-shamer!
    canon finish apo vol 3

The official comment is that Saber just thought she was another rando Einzbern homunculus.
    Ok, though how that makes sense is beyond me. Besides, that's only really true for the VN, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Having only watched the Zero anime, the only discrepancy I can say I've noticed is the difference in interpretations of how Saber vs. Gil plays out between it and the DEEN anime. What are some other outliers?
    IIRC, Kirei describes Kerry as being so ruthless and cold-blooded that he gunned down a helpless enemy Master who was begging for his life.

The closest Zero comes to this is Maiya riddling Kayneth with bullets, not quite killing him, before Kerry casually remarks that he can't finish off Kayneth because they signed that magical contract. Saber has to step up and deliver the coup de grace.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Ok, though how that makes sense is beyond me. Besides, that's only really true for the VN, right?
    Saber saw Illya as a kid and Irisviel, her smoking hot mom as an adult.

Fastforward 10 years and Saber assumed that the loli with the big guy couldn't possibly be Illya, because Illya + 10 years = smoking hot Irisviel-like, right?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    IIRC, Kirei describes Kerry as being so ruthless and cold-blooded that he gunned down a helpless enemy Master who was begging for his life.

The closest Zero comes to this is Maiya riddling Kayneth with bullets, not quite killing him, before Kerry casually remarks that he can't finish off Kayneth because they signed that magical contract. Saber has to step up and deliver the coup de grace.
    That's still super cold, and the reality in Zero is actually worse because he smirks and lights a cigarette as a man is literally begging him to end it.

I was told and advertised that that story was what happened in the 4th Holy Grail War before Fate/Stay Night. And then I find out it's not exactly what happened and all those differences weren't mistakes and I wasn't imagining things.

Like I asked this question before and got the same reponses so I'm sure that other people will come here and ask too. If anything, I kind of dislike Fate/Zero now pretty much because of this place. Which is a shame because I really liked it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Saber saw Illya as a kid and Irisviel, her smoking hot mom as an adult.

Fastforward 10 years and Saber assumed that the loli with the big guy couldn't possibly be Illya, because Illya + 10 years = smoking hot Irisviel-like, right?
    True, but she probably had some questions in her mind regardless. Also, that does explain why she only said something when Ilya outright addressed her in Presage Flower.

Still, no other Einzbern homunculus is as mini as she is, so...

Blog Entries
    I agree. That's just the one, big discrepancy that really leapt out at me when I read Zero.

But it's really pretty minor. Both get across the idea that Kerry is cold as stone.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I was told and advertised that that story was what happened in the 4th Holy Grail War before Fate/Stay Night. And then I find out it's not exactly what happened and all those differences weren't mistakes and I wasn't imagining things.

Like I asked this question before and got the same reponses so I'm sure that other people will come here and ask too. If anything, I kind of dislike Fate/Zero now pretty much because of this place. Which is a shame because I really liked it.
    Don't let other people ruin it for you. It's still great and mostly true aside from VERY few differences.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, yay, I got promoted!! 1000 posts in 2 months!!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I agree. That's just the one, big discrepancy that really leapt out at me when I read Zero.

But it's really pretty minor. Both get across the idea that Kerry is cold as stone.
    Yeah the major discrepancy is that iirc in the War described in the VN Kerry left Irisviel back in Germany. Other than that it's largely on point. "Lol it's an AU" is just Nasu's preferred version of "A Wizard did it"

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Pretty tragic given it's the best Fate/ spinoff.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Saber describes fighting Gil amidst grail flames, not before

Kotomine describes his wish to separate Saber and Kiritsugu as the cause of the fire and for people to be gone from that place (what people, they were in an empty batcave)

Saber reacts to seeing Gil open GoB in FSN with surprise (Saber witnessing GoB in Zero count: 4)

It's mostly little things that don't really matter except to people with nerd OCD
    Well, it mattered to me back then since it made Saber less cool.

In one you had the two fighting a duel, in the other she just gets shanked.

And based on FSN, I assumed Kiritsugu and Kotomine were out in the city fighting too, just separated or something. The batcave itself was pretty random.

I also recall Saber saying that Kiritsugu destroyed the Grail, and then Saber and Gilgamesh fought their duel (or at least their duel continued for a while after it) which made me wonder how it worked since she disappeared immediately after it was destroyed in the actual VN. I figured at that point it was an HF style fight where they both clung to life for a few more moments before they would disappear, finishing out a battle that didn't matter anymore.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Yeah the major discrepancy is that iirc in the War described in the VN Kerry left Irisviel back in Germany. Other than that it's largely on point. "Lol it's an AU" is just Nasu's preferred version of "A Wizard did it"
    How does that first part even make sense, unless it had yet to be established that the human body of the Lesser Grail vessel would collapse as Servants were gathered into it to unlock Heaven's Feel.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries

Is it our fault, or Fate/Zero's fault.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Also, this, but its Kirei, we could just explain it as he liyin, or half liyin more in this case

Blog Entries
    When I first read it, I thought Kirei was talking about himself. You know, the kind of person who says "I'm asking for a friend..." Kirei wouldn't technically be lying in the most literal sense; he's just leaving out that he was the enemy Master in question.

But that didn't pan out.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So did VN Iri just die back at the Einzbern castle in Germany or what?

I always did find it weird how that's mentioned in the VN, in third-person narration no less, that Illya and her mom were left behind while Kerry went to fight the 4th Grail War, and then in HA Illya tells Shirou that oh her mother actually was in Fuyuki.

...Unless Rin's dimensional goof-up also merged a Zero timeline as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Pretty tragic given it's the best Fate/ spinoff.
    That doesn't really mean much. Its competition are what, Extella & Apocrypha?
    Last edited by warellis; September 6th, 2018 at 04:05 AM.